Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

So looking at the Missandei scene, safe to say Dany is captured ? No Drogon...so either he's killed as well or he's escaped.

And the leaks of Jon talking with Cersei, does that happen before or after I wonder. I'm guessing after ? Maybe he will surrender, as part of a plan, so superhero Arya can do her thing. Not that she needs anyones help. I'm preparing myself for the worst. I feel like Arya and the Hound are going to sneak in, one killing off the Mountain and the other taking out Euron and Cersei and that's how everything is going to be resolved. Trying to think like Dumb&Dumber, it ain't easy.

It's hard to imagine things are getting worse - regarding story-telling - after Episode 3 but you never know. I don't have many expectations but I hope they surprise us all in a better way than in Episode 3.. 

I'm afraid terrible things, writing atrocities, will happen in this show that will seriously piss the majority of people off. It's a gut feeling. I'm even thinking of not watching the rest of this season simply because I don't want to start my week upset over a god damn show. 

5 hours ago, divica said:

Please can someone just shot GOT and end this show?

Aparently ep 4 has leaked and there are vídeos of euron fucking shooting rhaegal with the weapons cersei had last season...

Seriously, now dragons are easy to kill! WHY!?

Well, if this turns out to be true (and it sure looks like it will) all I have to say is..."Called it!!!"  The ballista/scorpion weapons being used against dragons has actually been foreshadowed for a while now.  Of course, it'll be made to seem easy while, in reality, it'd be quite difficult to do:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Nami said:

I'm afraid terrible things, writing atrocities, will happen in this show that will seriously piss the majority of people off. It's a gut feeling. I'm even thinking of not watching the rest of this season simply because I don't want to start my week upset over a god damn show. 

I agree.  I said I was going to watch until the end, but with this latest batch of clips and leaks, I'm done.  I have no desire to see this, definitely not in a first run situation.  If the Dany leak is true, which it could be false, that will leave a lot of fans very angry. 

1 hour ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

So looking at the Missandei scene, safe to say Dany is captured ? No Drogon...so either he's killed as well or he's escaped.

And the leaks of Jon talking with Cersei, does that happen before or after I wonder. I'm guessing after ? Maybe he will surrender, as part of a plan, so superhero Arya can do her thing. Not that she needs anyones help. I'm preparing myself for the worst. I feel like Arya and the Hound are going to sneak in, one killing off the Mountain and the other taking out Euron and Cersei and that's how everything is going to be resolved. Trying to think like Dumb&Dumber, it ain't easy.

I didn't see it that way.  Only Missy seems to have been captured.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree.  I said I was going to watch until the end, but with this latest batch of clips and leaks, I'm done.  I have no desire to see this, definitely not in a first run situation.  If the Dany leak is true, which it could be false, that will leave a lot of fans very angry. 

It makes no sense to make her mad enough that Jon has to kill her within 2 eps... It sounds batshit crazy... Even more when she only has 1 dragon that every body can kill with a dozen huge cross bows... 

35 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Well, if this turns out to be true (and it sure looks like it will) all I have to say is..."Called it!!!"  The ballista/scorpion weapons being used against dragons has actually been foreshadowed for a while now.  Of course, it'll be made to seem easy while, in reality, it'd be quite difficult to do:rolleyes:

The problem is how easy the dragon is killed. If they spent a huge amount of time trying and finally suceding I could accept it. But it is basically a surprise attack that kills him in 5 secs... Dragons are supported to be huge assets and rhaegal dies within seconds... 

And then what was the point of Danny having dragons? They are useless to conquer westeros, useless against the dead... They didn t have a major porpoise... 

Just now, divica said:

It makes no sense to make her mad enough that Jon has to kill her within 2 eps... It sounds batshit crazy... Even more when she only has 1 dragon that every body can kill with a dozen huge cross bows... 

The problem is how easy the dragon is killed. If they spent a huge amount of time trying and finally suceding I could accept it. But it is basically a surprise attack that kills him in 5 secs... Dragons are supported to be huge assets and rhaegal dies within seconds... 

And then what was the point of Danny having dragons? They are useless to conquer westeros, useless against the dead... They didn t have a major porpoise... 

That is so crazy it could be fake, but everything that I originally thought was fake, Sansa marrying Ramsay, Arya killing the NK, has been true.  So, this one may be true also.  Or not.  I didn't think they would kill Dany, they clearly prefer her character over Jon's but.....

It's a good point, that she has no Dothraki left, hardly any unsullied and only 1 easy to kill dragon, so why kill her?  Maybe it is fake. 

28 minutes ago, divica said:

Completely agreed!  Nothing is earned and nothing matters.

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

Guys...it's an abomination. I want to bleach my eyes.

:thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, Nami said:

I hope everyone dies at this point.

Funny thing is they prevented them from dying in the climatic episode of the series, despite being in perfect positions to do so, but now in all likeliness, they'll will kill several main characters in stupid and cheap ways.

You know... doing the "unpredictable" and that cool "shock effect"

48 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I didn't see it that way.  Only Missy seems to have been captured.

But then it's even more confusing. They are like a few feet away. Surely if they can perfectly hit Rhaegal from the sky with 3/3 precision they can also kill Dany and everyone else from a few feet away using some archers ? Cersei could just kill Dany then and there and I doubt she is at a point where she cares about anything else but war and death.Going offf those leaks, Cersei has there number easily. Hopefully that scene makes some form of sense by tomorrow. Cause I'm just baffled at the stupidity of it all, despite having witnessed episode 3.

Qyburn said Cersei had plans for the dragon queen. If killing her isn't part of the plan, I wonder what else it could be. I'm trying hard to think of what that could be, and nothing makes sense. Maybe force her to fullfill one of Cerseis demand (thinking she is the only Targ and heir) otherwise she'll kill off her people and maybe Drogon as well ? Dunno. That wouldn't make much sense either considering Cersei's character and her goal.

46 minutes ago, divica said:

Totally. So stupid how they can kill a damn dragon, so far in the sky, mobile as well, with 100% precision in each shot from so far away. Hurts my head just thinking about the stupidity of it all. That would never happen, ever. To hit a moving, flying object from that distance, with perfect precision using such a large crossbow or whatever it's called.

3 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

But then it's even more confusing. They are like a few feet away. Surely if they can perfectly hit Rhaegal from the sky with 3/3 precision they can also kill Dany and everyone else from a few feet away using some archers ? Cersei could just kill Dany then and there and I doubt she is at a point where she cares about anything else but war and death.Going offf those leaks, Cersei has there number easily. Hopefully that scene makes some form of sense by tomorrow. Cause I'm just baffled at the stupidity of it all, despite having witnessed episode 3.

Qyburn said Cersei had plans for the dragon queen. If killing her isn't part of the plan, I wonder what else it could be. I'm trying hard to think of what that could be, and nothing makes sense. Maybe force her to fullfill one of Cerseis demand (thinking she is the only Targ and heir) otherwise she'll kill off her people and maybe Drogon as well ? Dunno. That wouldn't make much sense either considering Cersei's character and her goal.

Totally. So stupid how they can kill a damn dragon, so far in the sky, mobile as well, with 100% precision in each shot from so far away. Hurts my head just thinking about the stupidity of it all. That would never happen, ever. To hit a moving, flying object from that distance, with perfect precision using such a large crossbow or whatever it's called.

She probably just wants her to be tortured and raped by the Mountain like the Septa was.  Or maybe Qyborn wants to experiment on her fire resistant Targ blood and see if he can figure out a way to breed dragons.  Or, it means nothing and the showrunners thought it sounded like a badass line...which is probably the right answer.

10 minutes ago, Winterz said:

Funny thing is they prevented them from dying in the climatic episode of the series, despite being in perfect positions to do so, but now in all likeliness, they'll will kill several main characters in stupid and cheap ways.

You know... doing the "unpredictable" and that cool "shock effect"

I was thinking the same thing. Episode 3 everyone was expecting major deaths. Didn't happen. The moment is gone now.

Ironic part is, they subverted expectations by not killing major characters. But now, with only 3 episodes left, everyone and their mama is still expecting major deaths. Even more so than ever. So in a way, by subverting expectations they have written themselves in a corner. Now we all expect major deaths even more, and it's going to happen. Everyone knows it. So in a way, they have made things even more predictable....AND....not only has its lost its momentum, many people, including me, don't really care about who lives or dies. We lost the deep connection to these characters. 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She probably just wants her to be tortured and raped by the Mountain like the Septa was.  Or maybe Qyborn wants to experiment on her fire resistant Targ blood and see if he can figure out a way to breed dragons.  Or, it means nothing and the showrunners thought it sounded like a badass line...which is probably the right answer.

Could be. Cersei was obsessed with the elephants. Imagine how obsessed she'd be with dragons. Though even if that were to happen, with 3 episodes left, and the big battle to be in the episode after, doubt it's that. Maybe they want Dany to use Drogon for something Cersei wants to do before killing her. I don't know none of it makes sense really. Dumb, dumb dumb.

9 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

I was thinking the same thing. Episode 3 everyone was expecting major deaths. Didn't happen. The moment is gone now.

Ironic part is, they subverted expectations by not killing major characters. But now, with only 3 episodes left, everyone and their mama is still expecting major deaths. Even more so than ever. So in a way, by subverting expectations they have written themselves in a corner. Now we all expect major deaths even more, and it's going to happen. Everyone knows it. So in a way, they have made things even more predictable....AND....not only has its lost its momentum, many people, including me, don't really care about who lives or dies. We lost the deep connection to these characters. 

They also robbed whatever deaths are coming of any meaning.  Instead of going out in the historic battle to save humanity....those good guys who die now, are dying the deaths of irrelevance, they're going to be killed by a drunken, mediocre queen and a flashy pirate who both have continued to fail up due to plot, and who at least with Cersei could have and should have easily been defeated 1 or 2 seasons ago.

Oh man, there's so many people excusing the rest of the show as a Lord of the Rings-like epilogue.

Yeah, remember when they defeated Sauron and then went on to fight discount Queen Grimhilde and a pirate?

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They also robbed whatever deaths are coming of any meaning.  Instead of going out in the historic battle to save humanity....those good guys who die now, are dying the deaths of irrelevance, they're going to be killed by a drunken, mediocre queen and a flashy pirate who both have continued to fail up due to plot, and who at least with Cersei could have and should have easily been defeated 1 or 2 seasons ago.

Very true. 

Archived