Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

1 minute ago, Nami said:

So, the leaks say

Hide contents

Bran will be chosen to rule.

What in the world is going on?

Hahahahahaha.  I don't know what else to say. Did Jon die or something ? Sansa gave up ? Bran isn't even Bran, he's a creepy douche.Would make an AWFUL ruler.

Every leak is even worse than the previous one. I think it's time to take a break for a day.

1 minute ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Hahahahahaha.  I don't know what else to say. Did Jon die or something ? Sansa gave up ? Bran isn't even Bran, he's a creepy douche.Would make an AWFUL ruler.

Every leak is even worse than the previous one. I think it's time to take a break for a day.

Spoiler

Apparently Jon will kill Dany thinking she is mad, then he will fuck off to the NW. Tyrion will give a speech for a council to pick Bran to rule.

19 minutes ago, Potsk said:

Oh man, there's so many people excusing the rest of the show as a Lord of the Rings-like epilogue.

Yeah, remember when they defeated Sauron and then went on to fight discount Queen Grimhilde and a pirate?

The Hobbits went on to fight Saruman who is attacking the shire in the books after Sauron is defeated. George says that his books are gonna end similar to this. While I will not defend the rest of this show or this season, comparing them is certainly valid.

It's all about execution for me and they are doing a piss poor job in the show.

4 minutes ago, Nami said:
  Hide contents

Apparently Jon will kill Dany thinking she is mad, then he will fuck off to the NW. Tyrion will give a speech for a council to pick Bran to rule.

I apologize if we aren't allowed to talk about spoilers openly here so I'll try to use spoilers as well from here on out,

Spoiler

That would be such BS. Jon isn't the type of person to kill someone like her, a relative none the less. As much as I dislike her, she is nothing like Cersei. Unless Dany goes and kills Arya, Sansa etc. then I could see Jon killing her. But even then I doubt Jon would go that far. It would be SO out of character. Plus she is his aunt, family. It makes sense for Tyrion and Jaime to kill Cersei but Cersei is pure and utter evil. Dany is nothing like that. She has suffered a lot. I swear if they go this route...and it looks like the leaks are true.

3 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

The Hobbits went on to fight Saruman who is attacking the shire in the books after Sauron is defeated. George says that his books are gonna end similar to this. While I will not defend the rest of this show or this season, comparing them is certainly valid.

There is no NK in the books and the books haven't even finished so the comparison is anything but valid.

In ROTK, Saruman (Cersei) was defeated at the start and the rest focused on Sauron (the NK). GOT has done the opposite. Killed the biggest threat known to mankind in a flash and focused on the smaller alcoholic villain for the remaining 3+ hours.

11 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

There is no NK in the books and the books haven't even finished so the comparison is anything but valid.

In ROTK, Saruman (Cersei) was defeated at the start and the rest focused on Sauron (the NK). GOT has done the opposite. Killed the biggest threat known to mankind in a flash and focused on the smaller alcoholic villain for the remaining 3+ hours.

In the FILM ROTK Saruman is indeed killed in the beginning at Isengard but in the BOOKS which I and GRRM both are referring to is when Frodo and Sam return to the shire after Saruon is defeated to find that Saruman has taken control of the shire. Known as the "Scouring of the Shire"

I know there is no NK in the books when did I say there was? I was referring to the Others threat as a whole being dealt with then the surviving characters picking up the pieces and the future of Westeros going forward. That seems to be the direction GRRM is going to go based on his comments he's made about how it is going to end.

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It looks like somehow [don't ask me], that Cersei is able to take over Dragonstone, and it further looks like everyone else there is able to flee to safetly since we see their reaction shots but somehow Missy is captured.  

Indeed, this makes no sense really, how even if Dany's forces were all destroyed at WF, she still has two dragons who should be able to burn any fleet before one of them gets killed.  

maybe someone was working for cersei at winterfell? ( not jamie) varys maybe

7 minutes ago, starklover said:

maybe someone was working for cersei at winterfell? ( not jamie) varys maybe

Didn’t Varys had the same book “line” about being all about the good of the realm on the show? If so, has that been dropped/forgotten like so many other things? Because who could possible side w/ a drunk murderous kingslayer kinslayer who basically destroyed KL and its nobility? 

But sure enough, sounds so silly it’s entirely possible. 

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Didn’t Varys had the same book “line” about being all about the good of the realm on the show? If so, has that been dropped/forgotten like so many other things? Because who could possible side w/ a drunk murderous kingslayer kinslayer who basically destroyed KL and its nobility? 

maybe not varys but someone else. cersei plays very dirty always has and always will .

Just now, starklover said:

jon killing dany is a joke and bran being kingis a joke. i doubt these are good sources .

Why? The whole thing is a joke at this point. 

1 hour ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

bran being a ruler isnt happening . 

2 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

In the FILM ROTK Saruman is indeed killed in the beginning at Isengard but in the BOOKS which I and GRRM both are referring to is when Frodo and Sam return to the shire after Saruon is defeated to find that Saruman has taken control of the shire. Known as the "Scouring of the Shire"

I know there is no NK in the books when did I say there was? I was referring to the Others threat as a whole being dealt with then the surviving characters picking up the pieces and the future of Westeros going forward. That seems to be the direction GRRM is going to go based on his comments he's made about how it is going to end.

You realize that Saruman had already been defeated by the end of The Two Towers? There is a king back in Gondor, the good guys have actually already won. Scouring of the Shire is just mopping up loose ends, and if the Hobbits hadn't managed to do it, Aragorn's army would eventually have done it, without breaking a sweat. The Scouring of the Shire is just a minor issue about a backwater province, not the fate of mankind, not even the fate of the biggest kingdom around. Drunken foolish braindead Cersei staying in power in King's Landing would basically be like Saruman ruling in Minas Tirith after Sauron has been defeated.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Most importantly, Varys considers Cersei an awful ruler, an incomptent buffoon that will only bring misery to the realm. He says so to Kevan when killing him - he must ensure that the worst possible ruler stays in power until a Targaryen restoration.

12 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

The problem is that there is no way that one singular main adversary could be ultimately defeated in a way that is satisfying to the story.

I dunno. Other stories have done it.

Which I guess would mean Game of Thrones wouldn't be the kind of story season One Game of Thrones was telling. But that's obvious in any case. 

3 minutes ago, Clueless Northman said:

Most importantly, Varys considers Cersei an awful ruler, an incomptent buffoon that will only bring misery to the realm. He says so to Kevan when killing him - he must ensure that the worst possible ruler stays in power until a Targaryen restoration.

Definitely. But that’s a book thing. Show wise Qyburn offed Pycelle, and no Kevan in sight, right? But he did say stuff about the good of the realm yadda yadda n the show too iirc. That was my point, sorry if I didn’t make myself clear. :)

Archived