Lady Fevre Dream

Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Almost anything, with any amount of set up or foreshadowing would have been better than the ninja tomboy coming out of nowhere and killing the NK, and there ends the story that has been building for thousands of years, and the showrunners even made a point that  he had to be killed in the same way/same place as when he was originally turned [of course none of that is communicated in the show and Arya had no way to know any of that either] so humanity saved by pure dumb luck and death cult training.  Okay then.

Their Inside Their Own Circle Jerk has really turned into nothing but.........hey, let me tell you why all these nonsensical things happened on screen.  It really is beyond bizarre.  They have embraced our siggie line, full throttle. 

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

One last rant on this, and I'll have another callback to something from season 1 - Old Nan's words, pretty much taken word for word from the book:

"Thousands of a years ago, there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts. And women smothered their babies, rather than see them starve, and wept, and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks... In that darkness, the White Walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders, big as hounds."

The White Walkers clearly got lazy the second time.

It's stuff like that that makes the whole episode even dumber. The Others are meant to bring incredible cold, an apocalyptic winter. And in the show we get... 2 inches of snow and nobody feeling the chill. Good, Christ.

Worse still, I'm seeing people out in droves now praising this as 'subversive' (ala TLJ praise) rather than the laziness and attempt to wrap up as easily and contrivedly  as B&W possibly can. 

On 4/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yes, Shireen burning is confirmed, what is not is the exact manner and the person or persons that do it.  It seems a hard call to reunite those characters in the books right now.  They lack a certain LF jet pack as well as other transporter equipment.  I'm aware of how the Ds are slippery with their words.  I thought the confirmation of the White Walker origin was done in more clarifying manner than the yeah, when George told us Shireen burns thing, it's just been so long since I read anything on that.

My expectation is that Melisandre burns Shireen as part of a ritual to resurrect Jon Snow, leaving Jon horribly conflicted on being restored to life.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

My expectation is that Melisandre burns Shireen as part of a ritual to resurrect Jon Snow, leaving Jon horribly conflicted on being restored to life.

Why should Jon be particularly conflicted? He barely knows Shireen.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Wouldn't you be a little upset that a little girl had to be burned alive so that you could come back to life, even if you barely knew the child?

1 minute ago, Madarjeen said:

Wouldn't you be a little upset that a little girl had to be burned alive so that you could come back to life, even if you barely knew the child?

Sure, but it is done. I'd not be able to change that.

If you want Jon to be conflicted somebody he actually loves should pay the price.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

He may share Ned's attitude about killing kids? Ned was still pissed at Robert after Rhaegar's kids were murdered.

Edited by Corvinus

14 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

It's stuff like that that makes the whole episode even dumber. The Others are meant to bring incredible cold, an apocalyptic winter. And in the show we get... 2 inches of snow and nobody feeling the chill. Good, Christ.

And funny how the blizzard we did get ended at the walls of Winterfell. The last part of the battle, the air was clear again.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

He may share Ned's attitude about killing kids? Ned was still pissed at Robert after Rhaegar's kids were murdered.

Yeah, but said children weren't killed to resurrect another person.

But, seriously, the idea that anybody is going to burn to bring back Jon is pretty ridiculous. There is nothing hinting at such a development nor does any character in the books have even the slightest motivation to do something like that.

9 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Yeah, but said children weren't killed to resurrect another person.

But, seriously, the idea that anybody is going to burn to bring back Jon is pretty ridiculous. There is nothing hinting at such a development nor does any character in the books have even the slightest motivation to do something like that.

True. Personally, I'm not even convinced he's actually dead. Mortally stabbed, sure, but Mel could simply use a spell to heal him. Or even if his body dies, we know what Jon is in the books.

Posted (edited)

Sandor, Arya or Melisandre didn't think about trying to revive Beric again through the Lord of Light/R'hllor? why?

Looked like thousands of people retreated into Winterfell though there was so few people defending the walls when the dead were climbing the walls.

Edited by Godfrey

38 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

Worse still, I'm seeing people out in droves now praising this as 'subversive' (ala TLJ praise) rather than the laziness and attempt to wrap up as easily and contrivedly  as B&W possibly can. 

The only person affected by winter was poor old Stannis and his horses, beyond that this fellow Mr. Winters was never seen again on these parts. 

2 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Sandor, Arya or Melisandre didn't think about trying to revive Beric again through the Lord of Light/R'hllor? why?

Looked like thousands of people retreated into Winterfell though there was so few people defending the walls when the dead were climbing the walls.

Because this Night the only kind of miracle allowed was the one about lighting up wood! Ooooh! Magic is so mysteriooooous!

Just now, Saturno said:

Because this Night the only kind of miracle allowed was the one about lighting up wood! Ooooh! Magic is so mysteriooooous!

Sure

Beric dying to resurrect someone would've been good. Nice to see Arya didn't hate him when he died though. 

I don't know why they don't just hire the Waif to wipe out Cersei and her goons.

Judging by Arya's prowess, the girl who effortlessly beat the breaks off her every day must be Achilles reborn.

5 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

You gotta love these wall scenes! It warms my heart to think that the show production team decided to arrange the dragonglass exactly in the spots that no Wight would touch and avoided altogether to put the shards on those places it was obvious the Wights would pass through! It's endearing! 

4 minutes ago, Saturno said:

You gotta love these wall scenes! It warms my heart to think that the show production team decided to arrange the dragonglass exactly in the spots that no Wight would touch and avoided altogether to put the shards on those places it was obvious the Wights would pass through! It's endearing! 

There was scenes of the wights running into the dragonglass blockades in Winterfell, it's easy to miss

Guessing all the arrows had to have dragonglass too.

20 hours ago, 14ccKemistk said:

This episode was horrible in so many ways. Really poorly done. D&D fanfiction at its worst.

Because:

-Melisandre appearing out of nowhere, no backstory, no reason, no explanation on why she came from the wrong direction. Also she does not do anything meaningful. 

-Dothraki suicide charge. Who ordered them to do that and why?

-Dragons fire charges, why so few?

-How did the wights become so easy to kill all of a sudden?

-Why no fighting for the White Walkers?

-Where and why did Bran warg? What was the purpose?

-How and when did Arya get into the library?

-Why weren't the walls manned directly after the retreat into Winterfell?

-How on earth did Arya ex Machina get into position to kill the Night King?

I'm really in no mood to even watch the remaining episodes. Predictable, fan fiction, fan service BS.

The Mellisandre part was just another symptom of the show not really planning ahead. They sent her away and later realized they need her so they brought her back with no explanation other than "she was meant to die in the great war".

4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

There was scenes of the wights running into the dragonglass blockades in Winterfell, it's easy to miss

Guessing all the arrows had to have dragonglass too.

The blockades were fine, I'm talking about the ones on the wall. They are only placed on the taller parts that are used as cover by the Archers, and not on the lower ones where we see wights climbing