Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

27 minutes ago, divica said:

Bran could have warged viserion, he could have warged the NK, he could have warged ww near the NK to attack the NK, hell he could even have warged wights to have and effect in the battle. Like he wargs all the wights in winterfell and the battle pauses for a second for someone to do something...

There are several good ideas! Him warging some crows to see the battle under the weirdwood tree should not even be acepted as an idea...

what would the dothriaki do if mel hadn t appeared? They were already there ready to charge… They didn t deserve dragonglass weapons? their weapons don t kill wights? 

Nevermind--thought I was in a different thread. Keep on keeping on. 

Oh, and so I don't break the rules, I'm mad they killed Ghost.

4 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Except for the fact that there's no evidence Bran could warg into any of those things, and especially the NK, this is a great idea. What kind of pulled out of the ass resolution would that be? Oh, we never told you this, and in fact that NK has threatened Bran when he got anywhere near him by warging, it turns out that he could warg the NK the whole time, but didn't decide to do it until now. That would be much better than having a very good assassin, you know, assassinate someone.

And the Dothraki would have used their arakhs, which work against wights but not terribly well.

How would arakhs made of plain old steel work against wights?  It might slow them down, but it won't kill them.

6 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Except for the fact that there's no evidence Bran could warg into any of those things, and especially the NK, this is a great idea. What kind of pulled out of the ass resolution would that be? Oh, we never told you this, and in fact that NK has threatened Bran when he got anywhere near him by warging, it turns out that he could warg the NK the whole time, but didn't decide to do it until now. That would be much better than having a very good assassin, you know, assassinate someone.

And the Dothraki would have used their arakhs, which work against wights but not terribly well.

Given that we spent seasons hearing how bran is essencial to defeat the NK he should be able to do something…

And logically there is no reason he shouldn t be able to warg any of those options for a short period of time. Even if he can t completly warg the NK they should have some mental fight in order to determine who gets control of the body like varamyr has in the prologue of ADwD...

And being a very good assassin doesn t mean she is a great warrior. The faceless use several tools to kill people… And their skill with weapons isn t what they are known for...

And the dothriaki not only ride alone but are the only ones without dragonglass weapons? is someone trying to kill the dothriaki?

Just now, Cas Stark said:

From the cinematographer, says the episode wasn't too dark.  Alrighty then.

“We tried to give the viewers and fans a cool episode to watch,” he said. “I know it wasn’t too dark because I shot it.”

The people employed by D&D are certainly not only good at their jobs but also very humble. I think the thing 99% of the people who watched the ep agrees is that it was too dark...

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

“We tried to give the viewers and fans a cool episode to watch,” he said. “I know it wasn’t too dark because I shot it.”

:lol:

That’s so fucking hilarious, seriously. Does he think everyone’s complaining just to be mean to him? 

1 minute ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Again--posted in wrong thread. I learned awhile ago that it's against the rules, and more important useless, to attempt reasoning round here.

But, to answer your point--without legs, arms, things like that.

So you are saying the charging dothriaki needed to cut each wight several times while riding a horse… Does this seems possible?

Whouldn t it be much better to just stay on the walls and shoot arrows? give each dothriaki 20 dragonglass arrows and they could win the war...

3 minutes ago, divica said:

So you are saying the charging dothriaki needed to cut each wight several times while riding a horse… Does this seems possible?

Whouldn t it be much better to just stay on the walls and shoot arrows? give each dothriaki 20 dragonglass arrows and they could win the war...

How many times do I have to invite you to return to your raving?

But yes, it would be useful to stomp and cut them to bits with heavy horses and arakhs. Would be better to use dragon glass arakh's but who has those?

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:lol:

That’s so fucking hilarious, seriously. Does he think everyone’s complaining just to be mean to him? 

He first blames it on HBO's compression, whatever that is, then says it's people watching it on streaming services or their phones, then says that we should watch in a dark room. 

For his information, I watched this episode on a regular, HD TV that is over 4 feet long in virtual darkness and I could not see shit.

36 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, to the guys doing the survey: I'm the guy who used crappy a lot in the stuff where it was possible to enter your own thoughts ;-).

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He first blames it on HBO's compression, whatever that is, then says it's people watching it on streaming services or their phones, then says that we should watch in a dark room. 

For his information, I watched this episode on a regular, HD TV that is over 4 feet long in virtual darkness and I could not see shit.

Same here. 

And doesn’t it become clear there is an actual issue since a) the vast majority of viewers and reviewers are complaining and b) he’s giving several excuses/explanations for it? 

Jeez, the “greatest show on earth”, and no one can see a damn thing. What a joke. 

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Well, to the guys doing the survey: I'm the guy who used crappy a lot in the stuff where it was possible to enter your own thoughts ;-).

I did too, so... but to differentiate between us, I also used “bollocks” whenever I could. :D

Ok, I have a completely different take on Sansa being the smartest person Arya's ever known thing. 

Take a look at that reunion scene once more. Jon leans in, his voice changes, he uses their old team up on Sansa thing as a plea to sentimentality - it's a con. One for a good purpose to get help with the Sansa/Dany problem, but still. Jon places his hand on Arya's shoulder, also what a conman would do. Arya looks pointedly at his hand like "Really Jon, you going there?" The statement about Sansa being the smartest is really shooting Jon down. Arya saw the well-meaning con and called him on it and told him not that Sansa was the smartest person literally, but that Arya valued Sansa's opinion and that Jon wouldn't get anywhere with those games. Jon realizes that Arya's shut him down, so he leans back, and his voice and mannerisms go back to normal like a switch has gone back off.  

What's cool is what passed here unsaid: Arya knew what Jon was doing but understood he was doing it with good intentions, perhaps with some desperation. Jon respected that Arya recognized this - he didn't need to explain. They understood each other. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, Le Cygne said:

It was laughable. And she's fine! So Bran and Jon who have been fighting the NK one way or another for so long, are emotionally and physically devastated.

Arya catapults out of nowhere, solves everything in an instant, and she's fine! Ready for more ninja turtle action! What's she going to solve next?

Arya is the strongest, smartest, fastest fictional character of all time. She's going to kill them all. All by herself.

No one is strong enough to compete with Arya. Greatest plot armor in the history of TV.

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Same here. 

And doesn’t it become clear there is an actual issue since a) the vast majority of viewers and reviewers are complaining and b) he’s giving several excuses/explanations for it? 

Jeez, the “greatest show on earth”, and no one can see a damn thing. What a joke. 

Another late stage shocker was when I found out only a couple weeks ago that they had been making it dark ON PURPOSE, they became obsessed with this idea of 'natural light' and so wanted it to seem like we are seeing everything as the characters would, candle light, fire light, etc.  For fuck's sake, its' a TV show, it is a piece of entertainment, if it is too dark to recognize the characters, it's too dark, but I couldn't believe they had been doing it on purpose all this time. What a bunch of BS.  

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

There is a slight possibility that the DoP is carefully criticising the post-production process backhandedly here. They may have engineered that level of darkness in editing. The compression of the data in the footage is unlikely to be the cause but speaking as someone who has done lots of editing work I know film crew members who have complained about darkening in post-production: I know a guy who worked on The Libertine for example who told me the shoot wasn't anywhere near so dark as the edited product suggested.

I'm tempted to think it may be a deliberate style choice from D&D. Wouldn't surprise me.

Archived