Jump to content
Lady Fevre Dream

Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think everything has already been mentioned, but can we please retire the phrases "stick them with the pointy end" and "not today" already? They're so freaking worn out by now. Also the whole "die with a maidens mouth around my c at the age of 80" thing.

Edited by Trinket2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't finished this ginormous thread yet, but I'd seen some speculation about how the next 3 episodes might go and I didn't want to piss on the show lovers' parade, so here's my guess:

Bran's eyes light up - mwa ha ha - he's the Great Other and the only thing that stood in the way of his power was the NK, who the Good Guys just took out - suckers!  He raises his hands, and with them, the AotD.

Then, either:

The Good Guys race to KL, the army hot on their heels to make, after some toing and froing, common cause with Carol.  But wait!  Larry has to fulfil his volonquar prophesy... oh hang on, that's not a thing now.  So she lives, they defeat Bran deus ex machina, and, you'd better get 2 more thrones made from all that iron/ steel/ obsidian, because Deadpan, Kit, and Carol are going to try and make it as a thruple a la Aegon, Rhaenerys, and Visenya.  Shame there's only two dragons.

Or:

Along with the AotD, Bran enthralls the Good Guys, flies them down to KL riding Viserion, ready to face off against Carol.  But she is one tough cookie.  Somehow, despite three huge dragons, she kicks Bran's ass (you know, 'cos reasons), breaking the curse, and we get the thruple situation again.

Or, better yet, Carol destroys Bran, but our Good Guys die with him, so the last shot, the conclusion of 75(?) episodes, is Carol atop the Iron Throne, winking knowingly at the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Tis here:

 

And there's some great lines in here that I'll be adopting.

  Hide contents

And take my cat.  He might be useful.

Puppy Power!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whoop whoop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Tis here:

 

And there's some great lines in here that I'll be adopting.

  Reveal hidden contents

And take my cat.  He might be useful.

Puppy Power!

 

I'm still laughing. The dragons part was hilarious, trying to make out what was happening. All that money and we couldn't see it!

Edited by Le Cygne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started answering the survey that was linked upthread. Questions like, "Do you think the threat of the Others has been 100% eliminated?" and "Did you like when Arya gave Sansa the dagger and said, 'Stick them with the pointy end'?" (Oh, so you remember that there are Others! and Dislike; she chickened out and hid anyway!) I began to wonder, "What's the point of this?" At least two things might be going on. First - the remaining episodes are a done deal. If so, the survey is nothing more than an exercise in data mining. The second - there's plenty of edited footage which could be chopped & changed to make Episodes 4, 5 & 6 a wee bit more palatable to the viewing public. If so, that is straight-out pandering, and I don't want any part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 10:15 AM, teej6 said:

I guess in D&D’s last meeting with GRRM, he didn’t give them much, just told them as to who sits the IT. Or else he did tell them, but the fools thought they could tell a better story. 

I've seen them in multiple interviews say that their show is LOTR for adults, while smirking - if these two are going to be smarmy/mocking/smug about being better than Tolkien, the high fantasy originator, then of course they think that they are better then GRRM.  I would like to have thought that the criticisms of the past would have humbled them, but nope.  There;s a reason why every off book/no book to follow storyline and dialog got worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, willowbark said:

I've seen them in multiple interviews say that their show is LOTR for adults, while smirking - if these two are going to be smarmy/mocking/smug about being better than Tolkien, the high fantasy originator, then of course they think that they are better then GRRM.  I would like to have thought that the criticisms of the past would have humbled them, but nope.  There;s a reason why every off book/no book to follow storyline and dialog got worse. 

That line probably just means Lord of the Rings doesn't have boobies and dicks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

Tis here:

 

And there's some great lines in here that I'll be adopting.

  Reveal hidden contents

And take my cat.  He might be useful.

Puppy Power!

 

Spoiler

 

"Because that's how video games work. Duh!"

"the next thing Sandra's gonna be talking about is fitting in couples counselling before her bikram yoga class"

"I don't know which is stupider: the transforming weapon or the giant's motivation"

"We then get to the Hound and Beric, who have somehow sensed that Wolverine is temporarily depowered"

"Turns out R'hllor is an idiot god"

"...bones that are hundreds of years old start punching through stone!"

"I imagine he's still as a raven? I mean, he could be building a nest, maybe laying some eggs? Digging for worms?"

"And for a minute I thought 'is there like a suicide pact thing going on?" ... "I guess I got my hopes up!"

"Is it me or is he actually slowing down?"

:lol:

 

Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had 6 seasons of Daenerys building this massive army in Essos and raising her dragons- only to have the whole army wiped out after making no genuine contribution to the defeat of the White Walkers... nor can she now use them to win the throne. Likewise, her dragons contributed almost nothing beneficial in the battle. It will be hard not to see her entire Essos storyline as a complete waste of time on rewatch.

 

Bran has been built up as this hugely important character, his powers are very important...but in the end he is only needed as bait to sit in a chair pointlessly warging ravens. Again it will be hard not to see his entire arc as a complete waste of time. 

 

On the plus side, I guess Arya's adventures in Bravos seem a little less pointless now. 

 

I could see what they were going for with this episode, but they failed in the execution of it imo. D and D are good at making a stylish TV show that gets people talking, but they are bad at writing fiction as they don't seem to even understand the basics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, D2procon said:

How are you going to say this before the series even ends man? How do you know there isnt some plot twist. Wait for the series to finish

Right. Just what we’ve been told about numerous plot holes and inconsistencies over the years... “it will be super duper relevant in the future, you’ll see!”, or “it’s not a plot hole, you’ll see when it’s explained!”, and we're still waiting, and will be waiting forever. All the plot holes and inconsistencies are exactly that, plot holes and inconsistencies. 

And a reminder, this thread is called “Rant and Rave Without Repercussions”, meaning it’s not a place to discuss/complain about people complaining about the show, and not the “In Defence of D&D” thread. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just re-watched the episode and I noticed something. So their plan was to light up the trenches with dragon fire when Davos gave the signal, and it did not work due to lack of visibility. But then they bring Melisandre and made her recite her spells to light up the trench. Couldn't they simply use a normal torch to light it up? and Davos already has two torches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Just re-watched the episode and I noticed something. So their plan was to light up the trenches with dragon fire when Davos gave the signal, and it did not work due to lack of visibility. But then they bring Melisandre and made her recite her spells to light up the trench. Couldn't they simply use a normal torch to light it up? and Davos already has two torches.

Or, as Preston Jacobs pointed out in his video, Jon had parked himself on the wall guarding the godswood. Couldn't he have lit the damn trench?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neddy's Girl said:

Bran's eyes light up - mwa ha ha - he's the Great Other and the only thing that stood in the way of his power was the NK, who the Good Guys just took out - suckers!  He raises his hands, and with them, the AotD.

Fuck I hope you wrote the next episode, because that is about the only thing that could happen to redeem this piece of shit show for me now.

Dark fantasy my anus - this crap is just Saturday morning cartoon fare filmed in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Put Out a Survey, possibility 3: Whoever commissioned it is looking at the wild theories & speculation in the answers, and laughing their guts out.

Secretly hopes @Neddy's Girl's theory is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Just re-watched the episode and I noticed something. So their plan was to light up the trenches with dragon fire when Davos gave the signal, and it did not work due to lack of visibility. But then they bring Melisandre and made her recite her spells to light up the trench. Couldn't they simply use a normal torch to light it up? and Davos already has two torches.

If you noticed before Melisandre did her spell, they were attempting to light it with fire arrows and they simply weren't hot enough.  My guess is that those torches that Davos had weren't going to be good enough either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Or, as Preston Jacobs pointed out in his video, Jon had parked himself on the wall guarding the godswood. Couldn't he have lit the damn trench?

My feeling is that he was sticking to plan and waiting.  Not sure if he knew they were having problems from that distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gendelsdottir said:

Why Put Out a Survey, possibility 3: Whoever commissioned it is looking at the wild theories & speculation in the answers, and laughing their guts out.

Secretly hopes @Neddy's Girl's theory is correct.

that survey is from hbo or some fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neddy's Girl said:

I haven't finished this ginormous thread yet, but I'd seen some speculation about how the next 3 episodes might go and I didn't want to piss on the show lovers' parade, so here's my guess:

Bran's eyes light up - mwa ha ha - he's the Great Other and the only thing that stood in the way of his power was the NK, who the Good Guys just took out - suckers!  He raises his hands, and with them, the AotD.

Then, either:

The Good Guys race to KL, the army hot on their heels (...)

I am so with you up to this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×