What is stopping Arya from killing Cersei and Euron?

1 hour ago, SixFeetUnder said:

The night king doesn’t exist in the books..... so..... I can’t imagine Arya killing the night king in the books.....

But a potential leader of the Others may well do.  We don't know yet.  And probably never will.  But whoever that Other is (Mel calls him the Great Other), you're right.  They won't be called the Night King.

9 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Arya killed the first White Walker by sticking a Valyrian steel dagger into him. We know that dragon glass and Valyrian steel works and we know how White Walkers shatter from Sam killing one and Jon Snow killing one in Hardhome and one in the wights excursion. So this is all consistent and fine with me.

Arya is not shown to have super-powers. She is just a skilled assassin and good fighter. She gets almost killed from the Nightking and does her special "change the hand" move with the dagger we have been show when sparring with Brienne. This is believable and makes a lot of sense.

Arya is not a warrior fighting against the Golden Company the whole King's Guard and the Mountain at once. of course, we might see a duel against the Mountain or an assassination against Cersei. I really hop for it. But even that would require Arya so sneek in somehow.

The NK's death scene was fine and well done. Too much moaning and too little enjoying the show here.

I agree with all of this. Especially the final sentence. 

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

The NK's death scene was fine and well done. Too much moaning and too little enjoying the show here.

Arya killing the NK was perfectly plausible, but when you consider Jon's entire story arc was about stopping the long night, where as Arya's story should be about fulfilling her arc (killing the Frey's since she a part of the RW, and killing the Queen since she was there for Ned's beheading).

Arya really had nothing to do with the long night until the very end, and I believe that's why it left many feeling a bit unfulfilled. 

11 minutes ago, tallTale said:

For me, Arya killing the NK made perfect sense as a possibility, but when you consider that Jon's entire story arc was about stopping the long night, where as Arya's arc should be about fullfilling her arc (killing the Frey's since the RW was apart of her story, and killing the Queen since she was there for Ned's beheading).

Arya really had nothing to do with the long night story arc until the very end, and I believe that's why it left many feeling a bit unfulfilled. 

Well, when you think about it, Jon taught Arya to stick 'em with the pointy end and that is exactly what she did to the Night King. So, really, it was primarily Jon stopping the long night by teaching Arya this valuable lesson all those years ago.

5 minutes ago, Khal Ivo said:

Well, when you think about it, Jon taught Arya to stick 'em with the pointy end and that is exactly what she did to the Night King. So, really, it was primarily Jon stopping the long night by teaching Arya this valuable lesson all those years ago.

Yes, a very nice circle and closure.

54 minutes ago, tallTale said:

For me, Arya killing the NK was perfectly plausible, but when you consider Jon's entire story arc was about stopping the long night, where as Arya's story should be about fulfilling her arc (killing the Frey's since she a part of the RW, and killing the Queen since she was there for Ned's beheading).

Arya really had nothing to do with the long night until the very end, and I believe that's why it left many feeling a bit unfulfilled. 

Bingo.

She didn't deserve to strike the killing blow.  

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Arya killed the first White Walker by sticking a Valyrian steel dagger into him. We know that dragon glass and Valyrian steel works and we know how White Walkers shatter from Sam killing one and Jon Snow killing one in Hardhome and one in the wights excursion. So this is all consistent and fine with me.

Arya is not shown to have super-powers. She is just a skilled assassin and good fighter. She gets almost killed from the Nightking and does her special "change the hand" move with the dagger we have been show when sparring with Brienne. This is believable and makes a lot of sense.

Arya is not a warrior fighting against the Golden Company the whole King's Guard and the Mountain at once. of course, we might see a duel against the Mountain or an assassination against Cersei. I really hop for it. But even that would require Arya so sneek in somehow.

Do you not remember how she took out the Frey’s. 

I think the worst part for me is that there don't appear to be any consequences.  

In the books Beric comes back to life, and he's a shell of a man.  Same with Catelyn.  I'm guessing the same will happen with Jon.  Jeyne Poole escapes from Winterfell, but she's suffering from frostbite.  Tyrion wins the battle, but he loses his nose.

Killing the Night King while he has his icy hand on your throat, should have some consequences, but no Arya is doing just fine in the next episode's preview.  She's even making out with her boytoy.

Well, I thought that the sacrifice from Varys might be dying so that Arya could take his face and then know everything about all the hidden tunnels, rooms, and secrets of KL.

Now that she's kill the NK, I can't see her killing both big bads.

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Killing the Night King while he has his icy hand on your throat, should have some consequences

Why should it? What is his hand supposed to do? This is too religious a thinking. 

She killed him after all. He's gone. I would guess Bran's marking does not matter anymore, too.

It was obvious as hell Arya was the best candidate to kill the NK.

I thought NOT putting her with Bran was the dumbest thing about last episode, which was fantastic.

Her ability to sneak up on anyone has been beaten into the ground recently. We have seen her do the dagger trick. We know VS kills WW. We know the NK at least fears Jon as a threat (he did not go 1 v 1 with him when given a chance).

When Mel delivered her speech about Blue eyes & Beric being brought back to keep her alive, it was confirmation city, especially after Drogon failed.

As for Cersei, Arya would have to kill Euron first to make a mask, and that will be difficult.

I think the Valonqar prophecy will control here. It has to be Jaime. After they learn of her sending Bronn to kill them.

15 minutes ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

It was obvious as hell Arya was the best candidate to kill the NK.

I thought NOT putting her with Bran was the dumbest thing about last episode, which was fantastic.

Her ability to sneak up on anyone has been beaten into the ground recently. We have seen her do the dagger trick. We know VS kills WW. We know the NK at least fears Jon as a threat (he did not go 1 v 1 with him when given a chance).

When Mel delivered her speech about Blue eyes & Beric being brought back to keep her alive, it was confirmation city, especially after Drogon failed.

As for Cersei, Arya would have to kill Euron first to make a mask, and that will be difficult.

I think the Valonqar prophecy will control here. It has to be Jaime. After they learn of her sending Bronn to kill them

There were indeed some build up to the skills that Arya has that were used against the Night king. She didnt do anything new.

That being Said, It was Just too easy and simple. Total of battles won for the NK: 0

Deaths: chracters whose redemption Arc were completed.

The planning: could've gone wrong in so many ways. Arya was never meant to be a bran's protector It just happened.

Nk Battle skills: olympic Champion of javelin throwing, although he is not in The mood for bran on this Battle, and raise the dead.

With that info its pretty estabilished that Arya is capable of killing him.

She is an equal swordfight with brienne, Master faceless assassin, can Blind fighting, throws knives with laser precision, Wolverine like regeneration, knows How to bake delicious human pie and Poison master as well.

They estabilished Arya as the skill top 1 contender though not the plot one considering The relation with the others, the wall and the prophecies... 

With all those skills only plot armor can save euron and Cersei... And maybe some intrigue between Jon, Sansa and dany

12 hours ago, tallTale said:

I’d say Arya will kill the Un-Mountain as well but fan service demands a Clegane bowl.

Multiple times throughout the story it is mentioned the Hound wants to be the on who kills his brother. He's said it and other charcters have said it about him. His story about his brother burning him and how he views knights (like his borther) point to it. The story leading to that point isn't fan service. Just because it is foreshadowed and people picked up on it isn't fan service. It is just the story taking it's natural progression. Arya killing everyone important with ease because fans like her is fan service

Give Jon some credit.
Arya might have killstealed secure:d the Nightking, but if not for Jon uniting the armies present at WF this episode, the NK would've still be alive and Arya would be a blue-eyed wight somewhere inside the keep. 

3 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

Multiple times throughout the story it is mentioned the Hound wants to be the on who kills his brother. He's said it and other charcters have said it about him. His story about his brother burning him and how he views knights (like his borther) point to it. The story leading to that point isn't fan service. Just because it is foreshadowed and people picked up on it isn't fan service. It is just the story taking it's natural progression. Arya killing everyone important with ease because fans like her is fan service

Actually, the show itself estabilished Arya as a master assassin.

She wants to kill Cersei, euron and the mountain and she knows how to do It and has the means for It.

I agree with you that cleganebowl is no fanservice but having Arya assassinations its only logical.

I didnt ask for this super skills but now we need a good excuse to not use them, Op has a good point.

Archived