What is stopping Arya from killing Cersei and Euron?

I think she will try but will get caught off guard by zombie Mountain.  Feel like her story is destined to end with her underestimating an enemy and getting killed for it.  Either the Mountain or Euron.

5 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

I wonder how the last battle will pan out 

They’re definitely not going to have it be one sided. Maybe

Hide contents

Euron has the horn now? 

Euron's "secret weapon"could definitely make it more interesting, but don't overestimate the writer's ability to make interesting moments.

1 hour ago, Selere said:

Unrealistic character with no real flaws and who has everything offered to them in a silver platter. Including having any of their plans somehow go flawlessly even if it has no coherency whatsoever.

I.E killing some people and having enough time to chop them up into pies without being caught and with nobody's help.

Or pretending to be Walder Frey for some weeks without nobody even noticing (despite having no knowledge on how to run a castle) until all the Freys reunited together to kill them all with poison (even though at least one of them would likely miss the event for a reason or another).

Or beating Brienne (one of the most skilled sword fighters) in a sword duel despite not actually having been trained in swordfighting since Season 1.

Or somehow sneaking past into a bunch of immortal and deadly ice warriors out of nowhere only to kill their leader in a single stab, somehow turning 8 years of build up into nothing.

Naturally all of this is just a result from bad writing. I doubt the books will include any of this non-sense.

So, basically, you really loved this episode? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Selere said:

I think everyone on this site has been hate-watching the show since Season 5 at this point.

I just had  a buddy on FB asking people what they thought and 7 replies in, I'm the only one who hated it....I'm also the only one who has read the books.....shocker, huh? 

But yes, I am literally hate watching at this point......so mad and frustrated. 

1 hour ago, Selere said:

Euron's "secret weapon"could definitely make it more interesting, but don't overestimate the writer's ability to make interesting moments.

The writers are Cersei fans - that’s why she’s the last villain. So they need to make her ‘have a chance’ somehow. 

I want the final 3 epsidoes to be 3 hours of Arya flying around roof to roof, slaying the remaining antagonists. Fuck it, have her kill Dany too, and her dragons. Just one after another like a video game. Cersei drinking wine, Nope daggered. Euron wanking it, nope daggered. Scorpion about to kill her, oh crap she's behind it, stabs the wooden machine, it crumbles NK style. Episode 5 would be an hour of her jumping 20,000 times killing the golden company. Same with mountain, but plot twist, he takes two stabs then dies. Who cares about story arcs, just have her KO everyone, better yet, use the same dagger move on everyone , and then the final moment, Sansa prepares to go on the throne thanks to little sis leaping at everyone from the darkness. But wait, arya drops her dagger and stabs sister too, then removes her mask... It's the waif, roll credits 

Post credit scene, she daggers ellaria sand. And then breaks a wheel 

There is one reason Arya won't kill Cersei, it's too predictable.  Most of theories I see about who will take out Cersei are either Jaime or Arya, Tyrion would be included but he is considered to predictable to even be theorized. 

That is why the one who will take out Cersei will be... *whispers* Missandei.  But you didn't hear it from me.  It's perfect because no one will ever predict it, and that means it's good writing.  (I might still be a bit bitter about Arya being the one to kill the Night King, if you can't tell.)

18 hours ago, Elayis said:

The writers.

Yeah, Tho if they cared to explain they could introduce men from faceless HQ into the scene to pacify Arya somehow which won't happen ofc. so she'll be a heroine at the front lines in the next war.

14 hours ago, Saturno said:

This "full lockdown mode" only is a viable defense against Arya if it is very, very unrealistic , like having Cersei stand in a room with the Mountain 24/7. If she does ANYTHING more than literally stand still, like having someone to bring her food, or having her servants help her to wash and change clothes is enough a breach, BY FAR, for Arya to kill her.

And that is exactly how Walder Frey died. Arya chose (bizarrely) to kill and impersonate his innocent wife, but she could easily do the same by impersonating a guard or one of the other Frey's.

Arya might not even have to impersonate anyone. Don't forget, Varys is also on their side and could tell her all about the secret passages in the Red Keep (something that allowed Tyrion to get directly into Tywins chambers and kill him) AND they have Bran who can do magical recon missions to find out where and when Cersei is the most vulnerable. 

Honestly, Arya should just stab Cersei and Euron in their sleep and be out of the city again before anyone even notices. Any other approach would need to be explained. (e.g. Jamie and Tyrion arguing against killing her)

It's pretty obvious that at this point the arc they have given to Arya, she should just wax the rest of the opposition to "the good guys" and the series should be over. They could have literally cut their budget to 4 shows and just wrapped it up that way. Wouldn't have been any worse than the tripe we are about to experience from D&D. 

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

Arya might not even have to impersonate anyone. Don't forget, Varys is also on their side and could tell her all about the secret passages in the Red Keep (something that allowed Tyrion to get directly into Tywins chambers and kill him) AND they have Bran who can do magical recon missions to find out where and when Cersei is the most vulnerable. 

Honestly, Arya should just stab Cersei and Euron in their sleep and be out of the city again before anyone even notices. Any other approach would need to be explained. (e.g. Jamie and Tyrion arguing against killing her)

C'mon man we are in the 8th season and you still believe Bran would do something useful with his powers? The oportunity for him to do bird scouting was missed like 10 times already! 

4 minutes ago, Saturno said:

C'mon mas we are in the 8th season and you still believe Bran would do something useful with his powers? The oportunity for him to do bird scouting was missed like 10 times already! 

Listen, how do you think all the ravens of the Seven Kingdoms get to where they are going with messages....IT'S ALL BRAN, DUHHHHHH!!!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 12:16 AM, Saturno said:

This "full lockdown mode" only is a viable defense against Arya if it is very, very unrealistic , like having Cersei stand in a room with the Mountain 24/7. If she does ANYTHING more than literally stand still, like having someone to bring her food, or having her servants help her to wash and change clothes is enough a breach, BY FAR, for Arya to kill her.

And that is exactly how Walder Frey died. Arya chose (bizarrely) to kill and impersonate his innocent wife, but she could easily do the same by impersonating a guard or one of the other Frey's.

No, she didn't kill or impersonate his wife... Walders words to her when she served him the pie was "You're not one of mine, are you?"... and Arya replied "No, my lord"
and he replied... "Didn't think so... too pretty".
Presumably she just used one of the faces she took with her from Bravos.

But security wasn't exactly tight at the Freys, nor Walder as smart as Cersei.
Turning up at Kings Landing with a random face wouldn't work

7 hours ago, snow is the man said:

actually only two if I remember right. This was the third episode and there are only five episodes if I remember correctly

6 episodes, 3 to go.

Archived