What is stopping Arya from killing Cersei and Euron?

On 5/6/2019 at 12:26 PM, Ser Gareth said:

In a world where she (and lots of other people) can apparently change her entire face and body shape?  In a world where a magical being can raise the dead to undead?  In a world where someone can reanimate a corpse and turn it into a Kingsguard?  In a world where a young teenage girl can walk into a pyre with some dragon eggs, stay alive and hatch three dragons?  In a world where there is a Wall of Ice 700 feet tall?  In a world the size of where AGOT takes place. there are so many chance meetings on the road? 

Yes, I can stay with a straight face that Arya being able to leap a few feet is one of the least of the things that seem unbelievable about the show.

You can make a case that she is able to make tall leaps, but not by this old argument: "There is magic in setting X, so therefore anything is possible."

Like, since there are super powers in Spider-Man's world, it makes sense that the enemies would ignore something blatantly obvious, or that a steel beam will fall to the ground so slowly that two people manage to have a long conversation about it.

No. The presence of magic doesn't exclude the need for logic for a setting to be believable. The magic is one thing - but the rest of the world still falls under the same laws as always.

And frankly, that's what makes the magic magical. Or it's what makes super powers fascinating. Because everyone else is still as weak and mortal as ever, so the presence of the supernatural becomes something fantastic to behold.

Not just me saying this, either. It's a common point to make in film school. There's probably a much more to-the-point way of saying it than I state here, and there's probably even a name for it.

What's stopping her? Distance. Faceless Men can change appearances, but they can't teleport far. Maybe put Arya one mile from King's Landing with a bow, a clear line of sight to Cersei and a prayer. To quote Private Jackson from Saving Private Ryan:

"What I mean, sir, is if you was to put me with this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Adolf Hitler... with a clean line of sight... well, pack your bags, boys. War's over."

Archived