What is stopping Arya from killing Cersei and Euron?

51 minutes ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

It was obvious as hell Arya was the best candidate to kill the NK.

Yes, I predicted that, too. There was a good chance, but other had a chance, too, and possible the NK could have survived E3.

50 minutes ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

Her ability to sneak up on anyone has been beaten into the ground recently. We have seen her do the dagger trick.

Well, sneaking up does not qualify for protection of Bran in the open. 

Sneaking up and be the wild card is much better for her than a warrior position like body guard.

53 minutes ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

When Mel delivered her speech about Blue eyes & Beric being brought back to keep her alive, it was confirmation city, especially after Drogon failed.

Yes, after the "blue eyes" we all knew.

9 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, I predicted that, too. There was a good chance, but other had a chance, too, and possible the NK could have survived E3.

Well, sneaking up does not qualify for protection of Bran in the open. 

Sneaking up and be the wild card is much better for her than a warrior position like body guard.

Yes, after the "blue eyes" we all knew.

Except they didn't use her stealth sneaking ability to do it. I re-watched the scene to try and figure out what happened. In a crowded godswood, with wights and White walkers standing shoulder to shoulder she just straight ran at him. She ran so fast she created wind. 

Right as the Night King reaches for his sword to kill Bran the camera cuts to a White Walker and his hair blows in the direction of the Night King then they cut to Arya jumping from out of no where at him. Arya ran so fast, through a crowd, she created a gust of wind and no one was able to sense her until it was to late. It would have worked better if she dropped the dagger into Bran's hand and he did the deed, but whatever. It was established in this episode when she was hiding the wights had great senses (hearing the blood over the noise of the other wights wondering around). It was also established in this episode the Night King was able to sense Jon running up on him from a hundred yards away (back was turned and Jon wasn't yelling during his charge and was far away). But Arya is immune to it when need be I guess for... reasons. That's why the scene will be considered dumb by many. I don't care Arya killed him, I'm fine with the idea that she does, it was just written in a poor and hastily manner.

So yeah they might as well just have her kill Cersei and Euron because if she can run so fast that a mystical unstoppable creature can't sense her until she is on top of him (and his generals and army can't even see or feel her running through a crowd at Flash level speeds) the two regular humans have no chance.

1 minute ago, LokisRaider said:

It was established in this episode when she was hiding the wights had great senses

The wights were "turned off" by the Nightking. The NK ordered them to stand still.

Theon fought and fought against them and suddenly they no longer attacked him but built a ring. Then they opened up a passage to let the Nightking in. So it is no wonder and no plot hole that the wights did not attack Arya at all. 

The White Walkers however are self-controlled, intelligent beings who could have intercepted her. We don't know where she come from, but the NK grabs her, hold her and is ready to smash her when she does the dagger trick. So I guess the WW were sure the NK would sort it out himself. The WW didn't intercept Theon as well. The NK proved to be a formidable fighter and no one was unsure about him defeating Theon.

She may end up killing both of them...what's stopping her now is that she is in Winterfell.  Given what we have, honestly if they DON'T have her assassinate Cersei then it's poor writing - they've given us the info that she can sneak anywhere, can utilize any (almost) weapon, so there shouldn't be any reason that she would not be able to sneak through the Red Keep (that she knows, not as well as Winterfell, but she knows), get into Cersei's chamber and stick a Needle in her eye.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

The wights were "turned off" by the Nightking. The NK ordered them to stand still.

Theon fought and fought against them and suddenly they no longer attacked him but built a ring. Then they opened up a passage to let the Nightking in. So it is no wonder and no plot hole that the wights did not attack Arya at all. 

The White Walkers however are self-controlled, intelligent beings who could have intercepted her. We don't know where she come from, but the NK grabs her, hold her and is ready to smash her when she does the dagger trick. So I guess the WW were sure the NK would sort it out himself. The WW didn't intercept Theon as well. The NK proved to be a formidable fighter and no one was unsure about him defeating Theon.

Still doesn't change that is was poorly and hastily written.

Her running real fast and all the baddies just saying "eh whatever" as she made her way through the crowd isn't enough for me to look at that scene and say it was executed well.

Jon was running and continually delayed throughout the entire castle. Arya was told "blue eyes" and then ran like Forrest Gump and nothing got in her way... or it did off screen and we can just guess if it happened, but we will never know.

Arya has now killed all the Freys, littlefinger and the Nights King. What a waste of development for the rest of the characters involved in this story if she kills any of the remaining villains at Kings Landing. 

I could see the writers having Arya kill Cersei; they've foreshadowed it with Melisandre's telling Arya she will close brown eyes (Freys), blue eyes (Night's King, wights), green eyes (Cersei?).  If they do, I will be very disappointed; because the family dynamics of the Lannister siblings are screaming for either Tyrion or (more likely) Jaime to kill Cersei.  It will be twice as painful, dark and dramatic for a Lannister to kill a Lannister than for super-ninja Arya to swap faces and ambush Cersei.  I suppose they'll have Arya help Sandor kill the Mountain (I'd sooooo much prefer it if Sandor killed Gregor all by his not-so-little self).

14 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Arya somehow (will never be explained) killed the biggest, strongest, magical, threat to mankind.

What the hell is drunk Cersei or dumb Euron compared to that?

Why don't they just sit outside Kingslanding and wait for Wolverine to kill everyone's favorite couple?

It's an obvious and MASSIVE plot hole that I feel like alot of the "fan bois" overlook but any fan that actually appreciates cohesive story telling and gets what is going on has thought of and knows it's painfully obvious that all of this could be over relatively easily. 

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I could see the writers having Arya kill Cersei; they've foreshadowed it with Melisandre's telling Arya she will close brown eyes (Freys), blue eyes (Night's King, wights), green eyes (Cersei?).  If they do, I will be very disappointed; because the family dynamics of the Lannister siblings are screaming for either Tyrion or (more likely) Jaime to kill Cersei.  It will be twice as painful, dark and dramatic for a Lannister to kill a Lannister than for super-ninja Arya to swap faces and ambush Cersei.  I suppose they'll have Arya help Sandor kill the Mountain (I'd sooooo much prefer it if Sandor killed Gregor all by his not-so-little self).

I don't know, it's a popular idea but I have never felt that Cersei must or should be killed by Jaime. 

Honestly, just thinking about it, it makes more sense to me to have some plot Cersei hatches end up killing Jaimie (who was not a direct target but a result of the many casualties of said plot), and then have Arya kill her after she finds out that she has killed her beloved brother. 

I feel like Jaimie killing Cersei is meh...if it happens it depends on the context in which it happens. If it doesn't, I would miss a second of sleep or take a minute to question it. 

11 minutes ago, Skills said:

Well Arya stole Jon's kill...so maybe Jon returns the favor and he's actually the one to finish Cersei.

Doubt it.....the only way I see Jon killing Cersei would be them winning the war, capturing Cersei and giving her the King's Peace. 

3 minutes ago, Wik said:

Doubt it.....the only way I see Jon killing Cersei would be them winning the war, capturing Cersei and giving her the King's Peace. 

And I still don't think THAT would happen, but I feel like it would be a little homage to Eddard getting that treatment from the Lannisters. 

Hiring a Faceless Man would actually be a really good idea even if they didn't have Arya. Their armies should be decimated, while they know Cersei has Euron's fighters and ships plus the Golden Company, all well-rested and well-fed. They already established last season that they don't want to just burn the Red Keep with dragons because it endangers people who aren't Cersei. 

So get a Faceless Man, who only needs to take out a few people, and bypass Cersei's armies and her dragonkilling torpedoes. 

1 minute ago, theladyinspring said:

Hiring a Faceless Man would actually be a really good idea even if they didn't have Arya. Their armies should be decimated, while they know Cersei has Euron's fighters and ships plus the Golden Company, all well-rested and well-fed. They already established last season that they don't want to just burn the Red Keep with dragons because it endangers people who aren't Cersei. 

So get a Faceless Man, who only needs to take out a few people, and bypass Cersei's armies and her dragonkilling torpedoes. 

Right...and it won't happen because......logic. 

1 hour ago, LokisRaider said:

Jon was running and continually delayed throughout the entire castle. Arya was told "blue eyes" and then ran like Forrest Gump and nothing got in her way... or it did off screen and we can just guess if it happened, but we will never know.

It's idle to guess whether there were some difficulties for her reaching the Godswood. We cannot see all characters all along their way. She is at home in Winterfell, she started in the great hall and probably new a good way to the Godswood. I have no problems at all believing this. She might have killed some wights on her way there, she might not. Doesn't matter at all for this story, because she killed dozens of wights the previous hour.

1 hour ago, LokisRaider said:

Arya has now killed all the Freys, littlefinger and the Nights King. What a waste of development for the rest of the characters involved in this story if she kills any of the remaining villains at Kings Landing. 

Killing the Freys was perfect for her arc. She returned from Bravos, reached the Twins on her way home and took revenge for rthe Red wedding she more or less directly witnessed and where she lost her mother and brother. Absolutely understandable and sensible. No problems with that at all. You hate and moan to much.

Executing Baelish after Sansa sentencing him was no "taking away a kill" from any other character. Baelisch was not the fighter, but the intrigant. He was defeated by his own manipulations after all.

1 hour ago, Wik said:

I feel like Jaimie killing Cersei

I hope he does. I also hope Sandor kills Gregor. But again, it might be Arya who set off against the Mountain.

1 hour ago, Raksha 2014 said:

It will be twice as painful, dark and dramatic for a Lannister to kill a Lannister

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Wik said:

It's an obvious and MASSIVE plot hole that

Please elaborate on exactly what is a massive plot hole in your eyes.

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

It's idle to guess whether there were some difficulties for her reaching the Godswood. We cannot see all characters all along their way. She is at home in Winterfell, she started in the great hall and probably new a good way to the Godswood. I have no problems at all believing this. She might have killed some wights on her way there, she might not. Doesn't matter at all for this story, because she killed dozens of wights the previous hour.

Killing the Freys was perfect for her arc. She returned from Bravos, reached the Twins on her way home and took revenge for rthe Red wedding she more or less directly witnessed and where she lost her mother and brother. Absolutely understandable and sensible. No problems with that at all. You hate and moan to much.

Executing Baelish after Sansa sentencing him was no "taking away a kill" from any other character. Baelisch was not the fighter, but the intrigant. He was defeated by his own manipulations after all.

And Jon isn't at home? He doesn't know the best ways around? The castle was swarming with wights. 

And you clearly missed my point. She's already killed several big time players and wrapped up three major story lines. Her going to kings Landing and killing a few more and wrapping up those stories would be such a joke. Why even build up Dany and Jon if Arya is the only one who kills every one?   

8 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Not sure what the problem is here.  She trained with the FM and became a top class assassin, who knows Winterfell backwards so wouldn't have an issue sneaking around the Godswood, especially as the undead were in a state of stasis at the NK's command.  We've seen her pull the dagger move before, sparring with Brienne, and it was a Valyrian steel dagger which we know can kill an Other.

Was it too sudden and cheesy?  Yes.  Unbelievable?  Well Arya can change faces, so not as unbelievable as most of the stuff she can do.

Spot on. 

I really don't understand the hysteria about Arya killing The Night King. In fact it's almost as if people have forgotten her story arc. Do they not remember her meeting the Red Woman at The Vale and what she told her, not to mention the whole Faceless Man story-line and how important it turned out to be?

Or maybe it just didn't play out how people hoped? Oh well.

13 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Killing the Freys was perfect for her arc. <snip>

Both of these were the same damned thing. Arya magically appears somewhere and kills a central villain by extraordinary means verging on the unbelievable. If you want to, you can go behind what actually happened and invent explanations for how it happened, but in point of fact there are a dozen or more solid, unanswered questions about both of these feats. 

Neither of them was set up in the slightest. None of the outstanding questions that make each event seem like a reach have been answered and I don't expect them to ever be answered. Both were sheer Arya ex machina.

This is terrible writing and plotting: big-business, fan-servicing, money-driven corporate decisionmaking at its finest. The plotting in the books is soooooooo much better. I hope to hell Martin finishes them and this isn't all we're left with.

Archived