This is almost confirmation that...

Fox Mulder

George RR. Martin fucked up. The Long Night my ass. If this is even close to the last book what a waste. Remember Jon wasn't even at Hardhome in the books. This is a dud of a plot. As to the show, it was a fantastic episode but if this is really what is going to happen in the books its a disappointment.  Long Night is a joke. I think this is one reason why he will extend the series book wise otherwise the whitewalker plot is almost a joke. I loved the episode but that was because the series made the whitewalkers a big deal with main characters over multiple episodes but book-wise it's just going to be a letdown. I am fine with Arya killing the Night King in the show but in the books with her age and the buildup, it will be a letdown. Then again according to the show and the emphasis the books place on the world building if we have the same ending it will be a letdown regardless, the Northern Conspiracy for example. 

If you watch the "inside the episode" bit at the end, the showrunners say "we've known for three years that Arya would be the one to kill the night king." And what that means is, they DIDNT know that before three years ago. In other words, Arya killing him was not a part of whatever ending guidance GRRM gave to them.

What? You guys don't believe that a 12-year-old is going to kill a creature that doesn't even exist in the books?! Your bad! Of course Arya is going to defeat the Others. Who else could do that ;-).

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Newsflash: You're not getting a book ending, you'll be lucky if Winds of Winter comes out at all, let alone a book that ends the story.

even if GRRM dies someone is going to release a book with the ending

you think they're going to refuse the money?

I don't have a vendetta against the show but if this is how the books go down what a letdown. Prophecies are bullshit and the whole long night is a joke. How long really is a night? Compared to the age of heroes our long night is a joke. I am sorry but at this point, the book prophecies and foreshadowing are trolling. The show does a much better job even though it has a fraction of the complexity. Also, I have read many fanfictions that make a lot more sense when using the book as clues. 

38 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

If you watch the "inside the episode" bit at the end, the showrunners say "we've known for three years that Arya would be the one to kill the night king." And what that means is, they DIDNT know that before three years ago. In other words, Arya killing him was not a part of whatever ending guidance GRRM gave to them.

There is no Night King in the books, so of course not. 

Also if this is how the books go everyone south of the neck can deny the whitewalkers ever existed. I never thought that is how the war of the LONGnight  would go. I thought everyone would be touched. Ramsey was almost a bigger threat. 

Cersei was also completely right. Threat wise Cersei>whitewalkers barf!!!!

12 minutes ago, Fox Mulder said:

Also what is the purpose of Bran you could have cut him out and had the NK going after Dany or Jon. 

Without Bran, how would we know Theon is good boy?

Also, how would the world-saving dagger have passed from Littlest Finger to Supergirl, I mean Arya?

5 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

Don't worry guys - in three weeks the show will be over and you will only have to come here to whine about how long the next book is taking.

I already said the show did a good job at least we have Hadrhome Dand D actually built up the threat of the WW. But if this is reflective of the books then they are a letdown. I am actually not whinging about the show, but complimenting it mostly although I have a few objections like Bran being worthless overall. They could have replaced him with something else like jon or dany. 

I'm firmly in the camp that the series will never be finished anyway so I can blissfully imagine the entire world covered in snow with the leader of the Others (if it is the Night's King) perched on a frozen throne atop the frozen spire of the Hightower in oldtown a la the Lich King. 

Archived