Who died?

Greenmonsterff

35 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Ghost is clearly described as larger than any of the other dire wolves. And Summer is specifically said to have been on par with Bran's pony which you can reference this scene for size:

If Summer is that size, and Ghost is the largest of the pack and has had the longest time to grow out of any of the direwolves aside from Nymeria, it's safe to say he could be as big as 18 hands.

I’m not sure you know what ponies are. 

About the size of a small boy’s pony is basically the opposite of bigger than any horse. 

1 hour ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Ghost is clearly described as larger than any of the other dire wolves. And Summer is specifically said to have been on par with Bran's pony which you can reference this scene for size:

If Summer is that size, and Ghost is the largest of the pack and has had the longest time to grow out of any of the direwolves aside from Nymeria, it's safe to say he could be as big as 18 hands.

No, just no. And that's really a horse in the video. 18 hands? At that size, a predator like Ghost should be able to take down a bear, which I'm pretty sure he can't. Jon is worried Ghost would be in trouble against a shadowcat, and at that size, Summer would have ripped one-eye wolf in half.

Direwolves can over-match ponies, and go grow twice the size of hounds. 10 hands, maybe. 

I think the bigger question is who will die going forward.

Winterfell is clearly a disaster area of the highest order - the Chernobyl of Westeros. Think of all the disease waiting for anyone in its immediate vicinity as gazillions of bodies rot...

Going into E.03 I thought the next three episodes to sort out Cercei and the overall show message were too much, but now I see the scope. Sansa oversees the heroic cleanup at Winterfell while Varys leads Tyrion and Jamie through secret passages into KL to take out Cercei [details TBD]. Tyrion, then, brilliantly re-purposes the Golden Company (rather re-purposed already vs the books) as a humanitarian aid organization combined with Dany and the remaining Dragons to airlift supplies into the beleaguered disaster zone.

Or somink like that...

10 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Winterfell is clearly a disaster area of the highest order - the Chernobyl of Westeros. Think of all the disease waiting for anyone in its immediate vicinity as gazillions of bodies rot...

Going into E.03 I thought the next three episodes to sort out Cercei and the overall show message were too much, but now I see the scope. Sansa oversees the heroic cleanup at Winterfell while Varys leads Tyrion and Jamie through secret passages into KL to take out Cercei [details TBD]. Tyrion, then, brilliantly re-purposes the Golden Company (rather re-purposed already vs the books) as a humanitarian aid organization combined with Dany and the remaining Dragons to airlift supplies into the beleaguered disaster zone.

Or somink like that...

If the end game was actually against Cersei, Deus Ex Arya can handle it easily enough

3 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

I'm actually surprised by how many characters survived the battle. 

Me too. Given how much energy they had built into showing how bad Jamie has become with a sword, I had expected him to die in the battle.

3 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

Or somink like that...

it`s a fest for Drogon. "What do the dragons eat ?"

Eco system problem solved.

Probably the show will throw us A Trial by 7.

We all know it, Cercei gonna die.

8 hours ago, Hoo said:

Lord of Light, God of Death.  Those religions are gone.

How do you mean? Can you elaborate a bit about this?

The Lord of Light is the predominant religion in Volantis and there are a lot of LoL priests in Essos. Even with the NK gone the LoL can be a proper religion.

The God of Death or Many-faced God is what most Bravoosi and the Faceless Men believe in. Death will never go away. Humans die, even with the NK gone.

17 hours ago, Kajjo said:

The Lord of Light is the predominant religion in Volantis and there are a lot of LoL priests in Essos. Even with the NK gone the LoL can be a proper religion.

Must be pretty awkward for the Volantene priests before the news arrive, though. They stand in their squares, proclaiming that the Long Night will come again and the hero will rise... and then some travelling seaman tells them that "Sure, all that happened already. Up north, I believe. They sorted it all out a few months ago."

2 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

"Sure, all that happened already. Up north, I believe. They sorted it all out a few months ago."

Maybe they tell the true story? That Dragons, Dorthraki, Unsullied, Wildlings, and forces from all over Westeros worked together to beat the Nightking just South of the the Wall. That a lot of individual sacrifices and hardships were accepted to win the battle of Life against Death.

Archived