Jump to content
D2procon

So what does Jon Snow do now??

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Wik said:

Other than the personal damage to my reputation (:lmao:) since I predicted Jon to be king at series end, at this point it would be all together fitting that he and Davos ride south, treat with Cersei, she has Jon's head chopped off like Eddard and Davos thrown into jail or something. 

I would DIE laughing at this point.......

If he dies now, at the hands of Cersei, his entire story will have been pointless, but I fear that the showrunners may actually be too dense to understand this.  A lot of characters in the show have rewards they didn't earn, so he could also get the IT, even though based on the show he's not smart enough to even rule the North let alone the whole country.  They've set Sansa up as the super smart awesome queen of the North, so I assume then Jon either dies or stays South. 

I have no idea what will happen to Dany, her story isn't as ruined as Jon's at this point, she could die, rule or leave, but she still needs to depose Cersei, assuming the show even remembers the prophecy they put in about the younger, more beautiful queen.

Arya is probably toast.  They feel her story is completed.  Yeah, yeah I know her story isn't about being an assassin but about the repercussions of losing her family and then her identity and trying again and again to find a place in the world, so desperate she ends up joining a cult....but the show seems to think her story was about acquiring mad killing skills and then killing people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramla said:

In the previews we see Jon and Davos set out on horse back. So... Where is he going!? Ghost isn't with him either, and he's not with Dany. I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to treat with cersie. Something absolutely moronic like that. He really serves no purpose now. His arch was the white walkers and the long nite. Well the nite is over and full of trash. 

He really is the guy who always tries to do the right thing, even when it seems pointless.  Maybe at some point, we are to consider how we (the audience 'we') treat Jon.  The one dude, a bastard at that, continues over and over again to do the right thing, and fail.  When the 'bastard' discovers he is someone of note, he is not deterred from his path.  Yet the larger results, that even he cannot always see, do come through.  It was Jon's laser-sighted devotion to save the people of the north that brought a queen, 2 dragons, the great unsullied, and the Dothraki screamers to the battle.   What D&D did to them is certainly not Jon's fault.

Maybe we really should look to our own understanding of who Jon is, and what he represents because it is now meeting us square in the face.  Do we trust him, or mock him?  Is he a hero or a mule?  Maybe Martin gave D&D enough material to allow this question to be asked.  Maybe it is up to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

He really is the guy who always tries to do the right thing, even when it seems pointless.  Maybe at some point, we are to consider how we (the audience 'we') treat Jon.  The one dude, a bastard at that, continues over and over again to do the right thing, and fail.  When the 'bastard' discovers he is someone of note, he is not deterred from his path.  Yet the larger results, that even he cannot always see, do come through.  It was Jon's laser-sighted devotion to save the people of the north that brought a queen, 2 dragons, the great unsullied, and the Dothraki screamers to the battle.   What D&D did to them is certainly not Jon's fault.

Maybe we really should look to our own understanding of who Jon is, and what he represents because it is now meeting us square in the face.  Do we trust him, or mock him?  Is he a hero or a mule?  Maybe Martin gave D&D enough material to allow this question to be asked.  Maybe it is up to us. 

Here' the problem, you were most righ in saying Jon fails.  Needed to add Bran to that list as well.

The NK would still be stuck on the other side of the wall if not for Jon.  Tbh, if not for Bran going North of the wall Hodor, jojen, old 3eR, Summer,and CotF would all be alive.  Jon was so bad at reading the room, he never saw the coup coming and died.  Don't get me started on his battle "plans."  He should have stayed in the cave,  and Bran should have never went North of the Wall.  Both of them have been made pointless.

btw, all that time Sam spent researching and he came up with what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 3:02 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Yup, Dany sacrificed almost a 100k men to help save the North, and the Northmen are embracive and grateful to her in the preview for it. She still has her Unsullied and 2 Dragons, with Jon and his men in toe.

See but the thing is that everyone in the north and dany's army was supposed to be in winterfell. And besides some characters from the show and two dragons it looked like they were all dead. No unsullised except greyworm,no dothraki,no wildlings except tormound, no notrhman besides the characters we know. So they either have to pretend a bunch of soldiers hid somewhere or and this is the best way in  my opinion is that she left some of her soldiers at dragonstone. It could easily be explained by pointing out the problems with food. Of course aegon and his two sisters conquered westero's with three dragons and a few hundred soldiers at the start. Cersei has twenty thousand soldiers who are motivated by money alone and has the hate of THE ENTIRE SEVEN KINGDOMS. So it is possible to do it with two dragons against a hated queen who is barely holding her country together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

If he dies now, at the hands of Cersei, his entire story will have been pointless, but I fear that the showrunners may actually be too dense to understand this.  A lot of characters in the show have rewards they didn't earn, so he could also get the IT, even though based on the show he's not smart enough to even rule the North let alone the whole country.  They've set Sansa up as the super smart awesome queen of the North, so I assume then Jon either dies or stays South. 

I have no idea what will happen to Dany, her story isn't as ruined as Jon's at this point, she could die, rule or leave, but she still needs to depose Cersei, assuming the show even remembers the prophecy they put in about the younger, more beautiful queen.

Arya is probably toast.  They feel her story is completed.  Yeah, yeah I know her story isn't about being an assassin but about the repercussions of losing her family and then her identity and trying again and again to find a place in the world, so desperate she ends up joining a cult....but the show seems to think her story was about acquiring mad killing skills and then killing people.

 

Especially with D&D at the helm, its probably NOT the smartest way to think of things, but I find myself hedges bets as to who is going to die based on the fact that SOME have to make it out alive and keep certain houses going. The Mormonts died off. I don't think the Lannisters will. Or the Starks. Or the Baratheons. 

By that logic, I even explored the possibility that since she can't have children, Dany is expendable to Jon and the Targ dynasty. So who would his queen be? ………..I know I know it's weird, but Sansa. I'm not at all saying it a lock but I think it has some merit. I know some here don't. But that solves the issue of the north and the IT and gives way to more Songs of Ice and Fire with the babies they have. At this point, Dany is kind of a misfit.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Wik said:

Especially with D&D at the helm, its probably NOT the smartest way to think of things, but I find myself hedges bets as to who is going to die based on the fact that SOME have to make it out alive and keep certain houses going. The Mormonts died off. I don't think the Lannisters will. Or the Starks. Or the Baratheons. 

By that logic, I even explored the possibility that since she can't have children, Dany is expendable to Jon and the Targ dynasty. So who would his queen be? ………..I know I know it's weird, but Sansa. I'm not at all saying it a lock but I think it has some merit. I know some here don't. But that solves the issue of the north and the IT and gives way to more Songs of Ice and Fire with the babies they have. At this point, Dany is kind of a misfit.....

We don't know that is true. As Jon pointed out, the witch that told her this is the same one that "saved" her husband. Who is to say it's true? IMO she is pregnant now. 

I see Jon doing what he swore to do, support Dany in her pursuit of the IT. He will make some dumb decisions and likely die in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah Daenerys potential pregnancy is still up in the air at this point, but the show really hammered in how "she can't have children" last season the same way it hammered in how "the crypts are the safest place" in episode 2. 
When the show tells you something once, it doesn't necessarily have to mean something.  
When the show tells you something several times over in a short spawn of time, it usually means something, and that something being the opposite of what the show's initially telling you.

And even with the shows flawed way of counting time, it really hasn't been that many weeks since they "sailed together". 
The amount of days passing between E1 and E3 this season can be counted on a single hand, so basically the time passed would be the amount equal to the boatride to White Harbor and the ensuing horseride to Winterfell.
How long is traveltime is that, a couple of weeks at the most?
Assuming she is pregnant, she wouldn't know it herself yet. 


 

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if jon is going to treat with cersei I will completely despair! I can understand that he is going to rally the river lords but treating with cersei - what has happened to him?

I am starting to think he wished he was dead - or not been resurrected from the dead. he has that given up look and the reveal may just have been too much for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

if jon is going to treat with cersei I will completely despair!

Where is this theory coming from anyway?
Wasn't it just a crackpot theory from people who saw him and Davos mounted on horses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

possibly...I think there have been leaked pics of jon and cersei in KL speaking together

Lul. Sound like classical hearsay. 
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

just got a feeling he is gonna make a dumb decision....cos that is what he does now lol

Well, the three women in his life would prevent it, so unless something really radical happens, it's something he would try to do on his own accord.
I can't see why he would though. He knows Cersei is a lying backstabber that can't be trusted. 

Again, I will consider it hearsay (and false) until proven otherwise.
Nothing else has leaked so far afaik, so having a picture of Jon and Cersei "together" float around the internet sounds weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe I am getting senile...but I am sure I have seen pics of them in KL outside, jon has a member of the NW with him - again a bit weird since they are all dead now I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon/Daenerys is disgusting, not only is it incest but Jon's character in the books would only hate Daenerys if he ever met her, she is a kinslayer and he'd feel the same disgust he felt for Axell Florent who let his own brother burn alive in front of his eye and did nothing to prevent it.

 

Jon dying against the Night King in an epic 1 on 1 would have been for the best unless they go with a Jon vs Daenerys clash for the throne which I would really like but knowing D&D they're gonna go the happy ending way : Married with childrens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

maybe I am getting senile...but I am sure I have seen pics of them in KL outside, jon has a member of the NW with him - again a bit weird since they are all dead now I think.

Coming the conclusion that he's singlehandedly trying to treat with Cersei after seeing him outside KL (with a NW, dafuq?) seems like a pretty long leap.
Maybe it's a fake-out. We'll see soon enough.
 

7 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Jon/Daenerys is disgusting, not only is it incest but Jon's character in the books would only hate Daenerys if he ever met her, she is a kinslayer and he'd feel the same disgust he felt for Axell Florent who let his own brother burn alive in front of his eye and did nothing to prevent it.

Is this a book thing? I'm pretty sure this is a book thing, because I've never heard of Axell Florent in the show, nor seen Daenerys do anything that can be remotely considered kinslaying. 

Take it to the appropriate subforum please. 

7 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Jon dying against the Night King in an epic 1 on 1 would have been for the best unless they go with a Jon vs Daenerys clash for the throne which I would really like but knowing D&D they're gonna go the happy ending way : Married with childrens 

I'll pour one out for all the edgelords, consisting of less than 1% of all the viewers, if this ends up happening.

Personally I'm pretty happy with a happy or semi-happy ending.
Most people consider the LotR-ending to be overall happy, even if GRRM himself considers it "bittersweet".
If that's what they're aiming for, then prepare for a happy ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Is this a book thing? I'm pretty sure this is a book thing, because I've never heard of Axell Florent in the show, nor seen Daenerys do anything that can be remotely considered kinslaying. 

Jon hating a kinslayer is a book thing. Daenerys being guilty of it though does concern the show, she lets Khal Drogo burns Viserys alive, shows no regret and no intent to help him. She is as much of a kinslayer as Axell Florent who disgusts Jon Snow.

20 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I'll pour one out for all the edgelords, consisting of less than 1% of all the viewers, if this ends up happening.

It is gonna happen, I've lost any faith I had that they could actually cook up something bittersweet and original after they managed to hype up S8E3 as heartbreaker and have only Theon,Beric,Jorah and Edd killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Arya killed the Ice King

Jon will kill the Fire Queen

Ice and Fire. Jon and Arya are still the mains like the outline suggested only now they aren't kissing. They are two halves of a whole, they finish each other's sentences, they are the only two that look like Starks,  they are each others No 1 in the books etc... The ending of the story hasn't changed since 1994. 

Edited by AryaNymeriaVisenya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll go with a semi happy or happy ending. I think jon/dany will continue their relationship, get married (so as not to have a bastard) but head off somewhere, due to the fact that they have lost too much - friends, etc and just want to focus on what is important - family.

however, it seems like their is lots of conflict head between the two of them atm, or at least it is being portrayed that way. Jon vs Dany - don't think the realm needs this tbh and time is an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really cant see Jon siding with or trying to treat with Cersei after the Lannister be-headed his adoptive father (Ned) and brutality murdered his brother and hundreds of Northmen at the red wedding. If Dan and Dave try this i will be utterly disappointed.

Cersei doesn't give a crap about her people, she blew up the sept of Baelor and killed hundreds of people, for her own revenge on a few who'd pissed her off. Whatever happens she's not going to leave quietly. I think something epic is going to go happen, my guess is she's going to finish what the mad king started and blow up Kings Landing.  

On a side note does anyone know where Yohn Royce was during the battle? it seems a bit suss to me that he miraculously disappeared, is Sansa up to something, she's had too much influence from littlefinger.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×