RIP Ghost

3 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's safe to say he isn't making it back from that suicide charge into the horde of zombies.

Probably one of the most wasted potential for a non-character there could be.

Ghost is safe, seems he is not that stupid as it looked, that was just for the photo, he ran away, hid in the Wolfswood, and then came back when the battle was over.

7 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's safe to say he isn't making it back from that suicide charge into the horde of zombies.

Probably one of the most wasted potential for a non-character there could be.

I agree. Ghost and his significance were highly wasted. I understand they prioritized their CGI budget and ran out of screen time for him, but shoot, that was a huge letdown.

I was expecting Ghost to attack Viserion when Viserion was bearing down on Jon, thus giving Jon a chance to re-kill Viserion.  But Ghost remains a ghost in this series.  So I rewrote the script in my head to give Ghost the heroic scene he deserves.

Dead or not dead, that was stupid. So Ghost runs next to....Jorah? Why? And if he died, it was stupid because it was another pointless dire wolf suicide death. If he doesn't die, it's stupid because it defies logic. Either way...stupid.

1 hour ago, McAssey said:

I was expecting Ghost to attack Viserion when Viserion was bearing down on Jon, thus giving Jon a chance to re-kill Viserion.  But Ghost remains a ghost in this series.  So I rewrote the script in my head to give Ghost the heroic scene he deserves.

If Ghost was hiding in the godswood, he should have been the one to take out the NK. 

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. I suppose it's still possible we get the Nymeria-led  Direwolf army to come and surprise flank attack in a later episode.

1 hour ago, SuperMario said:

Dead or not dead, that was stupid. So Ghost runs next to....Jorah? Why? And if he died, it was stupid because it was another pointless dire wolf suicide death. If he doesn't die, it's stupid because it defies logic. Either way...stupid.

This, basically.

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. I suppose it's still possible we get the Nymeria-led  Direwolf army to come and surprise flank attack in a later episode.

Pretty much zero chance of that. Despite their relevance to the very first episode, D&D simply can't be arsed with them.

Alas, what a fantastic addition the would have been to this and future battle sequences, especially at the size they are supposed to be in the books!

2 hours ago, tallTale said:

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. 

Summer is long dead.  But yes, I think it would have been more appropriate to have him guarding Bran.  

So, I'm confused.  Is Ghost dead, or isn't he? 

Whether Ghost is or isn't dead, the thing I found the most baffling about him is that there was no interaction with Jon whatsoever. It would be cliché as hell but I would be perfectly happy if in the previous ep, when everyone was getting ready for he battle, Jon would say something like "hey boy, we came a long way. Nice to meet you. I hope we'll meet again after the battle."

6 hours ago, tallTale said:

I'd like that

Archived