Arya and Gendry, why?

Targaryen Peas

I don't know. Seems like the old order being restored would be just the kind of ending GRRM would go for. 

That said, Gendry as Lord of Storm's End would probably try to do good, as he grew up a commoner. He knows the social differences that exist. He knows that lords aren't all honorable and just and generous. He'd be very glad if the wheel were broken. 

37 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I have seen this assumption pop up before and it is silly. Why do you assume it is DANY doing the legitimizing? Jon already knows who Gendry is.

Gendry is not destined to be a lord. He will either be a King or he will be dead. I consider both options equally likely, but Lord of Storm’s End? Why? That is not the kind of conclusion this book has. This isn’t going to end with the old order restored in Westeros.

Daenerys has been talking a lot about "breaking the wheel", but neither her, nor her advisors has given any indication of what that means in Westeros. Given that her army has pretty much been destroyed, she is going to be relying on support from the remaining great houses to break the wheel ... the same wheel that keeps the very same great houses in power.

I suspect that even if Daenerys ends up on the Iron Throne, she is going to find it very hard to break the wheel, and will end up letting the wheel continue, maybe with a few socially conscious improvements, e.g. better rights for women and low born in general. And maybe appoint a few high lords from the lower classes? As I remember it, the houses ruling Highgarden, Dorne and the Stormlands have been eradicated (with the exception of a few bastards here and there).

6 minutes ago, Zumbs said:

Daenerys has been talking a lot about "breaking the wheel", but neither her, nor her advisors has given any indication of what that means in Westeros. Given that her army has pretty much been destroyed, she is going to be relying on support from the remaining great houses to break the wheel ... the same wheel that keeps the very same great houses in power.

I suspect that even if Daenerys ends up on the Iron Throne, she is going to find it very hard to break the wheel, and will end up letting the wheel continue, maybe with a few socially conscious improvements, e.g. better rights for women and low born in general. And maybe appoint a few high lords from the lower classes? As I remember it, the houses ruling Highgarden, Dorne and the Stormlands have been eradicated (with the exception of a few bastards here and there).

I highly doubt Dany will be alive at the end. I think the war to the South will have an extremely high cost. It is not because of a benevolent ruler that the old order will be dead. It is because it is a casualty of war and more war and more war.

Good point, Hippocras. It is quite possible that Cercei would use the golden company to eradicate the remains of house Tully and house Arryn. Depending on the war itself, it could very well end with house Lannister getting eradicated as well. That leaves house Stark, and, maybe, house Targaryen.

I just want to point out that if the throne was conquered the old ruling bloodline has no claim to the throne anymore. Like as Robert became King there used to be Targaryens out there but the folk did not want them back on the throne. They were a threat because they would want to conquer back. That means whoever conquers the throne has it. No mather which house they come from. Therefore Gendry has no claim to the throne unless he conquers it. And after all he's just a Bastard. There is no real proof he is Roberts son (although it is highly possible/ for sure!) And i definitly doubt that Gendry wants to be king.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:01 AM, Targaryen Peas said:

So, in episode 2 if I remember correctly, Arya wanted to have sex with Gendry, "end of the world" as excuse. 

But I've been thinking about it, and wanted your opinions. 

I'm using a fact from the book (that we still don't know if true or not) 

Reveal hidden contents

In the last book, Euron claimed that he had a device from Valyria that could control dragons. That's how he secured Cersei's thighs (I guess). 

Assuming it is true. 

I can't see Danny nor Jon surviving the next battle. Since they are the one riding the big boys? 

Based on the fact above. 

If we take out of the pictures our dead Targaryen couple. It could answer the "out of the blue" Arya-Gendry scene.

The character with the strongest claim to the throne should be Gendry, and that could explain his new "relation" with Arya.

Losing Danny and Jon doesn't mean losing the war, as Arya could easily kill Cersei and thus giving the throne to Gendry. 

Also, GRRM spoke about a bitter sweet end. Having a Stark on the throne could be the sweet part.

What do you peope think ?

No.

4 minutes ago, AlysaGreyfeather said:

I just want to point out that if the throne was conquered the old ruling bloodline has no claim to the throne anymore. Like as Robert became King there used to be Targaryens out there but the folk did not want them back on the throne. They were a threat because they would want to conquer back. That means whoever conquers the throne has it. No mather which house they come from. Therefore Gendry has no claim to the throne unless he conquers it. And after all he's just a Bastard. There is no real proof he is Roberts son (although it is highly possible/ for sure!) And i definitly doubt that Gendry wants to be king.

Yes, but it was Robert who sat the throne after the rebellion, not Jon Arryn or Ned Stark, and why? Because Baratheons are known to have a little Targaryen blood. So the bloodline does matter after all. 

Gendry has Targaryen blood. He would be next in line after Jon and Dany die. Dany was seen in a room with bookshelves, walking away. One twist for the story could still be Gendry's birth certificate found and showing that he indeed is Robert and Cersei's child, not a bastard.

Arya will kill Dany, betrayal for love. Arya's love for Gendry.

PS: Never mind that I recently said in another thread that Sansa will kill Cersei, then Tyrion. In the end I'll get one of them right...

52 minutes ago, Sheiraseastar23 said:

Yes, but it was Robert who sat the throne after the rebellion, not Jon Arryn or Ned Stark, and why? Because Baratheons are known to have a little Targaryen blood. So the bloodline does matter after all. 

Yes, but Robert sat the throne because no one else wanted it and there was no clear "heir" at that point. Ned didn't want it, and Arryn refused it. Since those 2 plus Robert were the main leaders of the rebellion, it seems natural ONE of them would sit the throne. Robert was the natural choice, given what we know of the other 2. 

Targ blood in Robert's line was 100% irrelevant to the reasons he sat as king. 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, Stormking902 said:

There is 0 proof Gendry is Roberts son and the realm would revolt in no time. 

You mean the Stormlands would revolt in the books? Because nobody gives a damn about who rules anything in the show, unless the plot demands it.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:37 AM, tallTale said:

Gendry takes over as Baratheon ruler of dragon Stone is my guess, with little prego Arya there as well.

I only just started reading this post but the Targaryens are the masters of Dragonstone. Baratheons have Storm's end. more importantly could anybody actually see Arya just settling down to be a wife???? as soon as her kids could walk she'll be out on the world again finding trouble and adventure and spying and the moving! always moving!

4 hours ago, Deminelle said:

Gendry has Targaryen blood. He would be next in line after Jon and Dany die. Dany was seen in a room with bookshelves, walking away. One twist for the story could still be Gendry's birth certificate found and showing that he indeed is Robert and Cersei's child, not a bastard.

Arya will kill Dany, betrayal for love. Arya's love for Gendry.

PS: Never mind that I recently said in another thread that Sansa will kill Cersei, then Tyrion. In the end I'll get one of them right...

All of this is BS. what in any realm makes you think that a. There would be a birth certificate anywhere in westeros or essos...and b. The Royals would not have doctored it to begin with when gendry was born to a barmaid fathered by Robert. And c. What proof is there of this child being who he says he is? We obviously don't have any book data to back us up in fantasy because gendry is two different characters in the book. He looks like Robert but he's very small and he also looks a lot like Christian Bale (am I the only one who thinks that?) He could be the child of anyone with dark hair and adequate muscles.

1 hour ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

You mean the Stormlands would revolt in the books? Because nobody gives a damn about who rules anything in the show, unless the plot demands it.

Also, revolting against the guy whose wife has FM-training, killed the Night King and massacred house Frey singlehandedly, seems a very poor idea to me.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:01 AM, Targaryen Peas said:

So, in episode 2 if I remember correctly, Arya wanted to have sex with Gendry, "end of the world" as excuse. 

But I've been thinking about it, and wanted your opinions. 

I'm using a fact from the book (that we still don't know if true or not) 

Reveal hidden contents

In the last book, Euron claimed that he had a device from Valyria that could control dragons. That's how he secured Cersei's thighs (I guess). 

Assuming it is true. 

I can't see Danny nor Jon surviving the next battle. Since they are the one riding the big boys? 

Based on the fact above. 

If we take out of the pictures our dead Targaryen couple. It could answer the "out of the blue" Arya-Gendry scene.

The character with the strongest claim to the throne should be Gendry, and that could explain his new "relation" with Arya.

Losing Danny and Jon doesn't mean losing the war, as Arya could easily kill Cersei and thus giving the throne to Gendry. 

Also, GRRM spoke about a bitter sweet end. Having a Stark on the throne could be the sweet part.

What do you peope think ?

I agree it's a possible explanation, the biggest issue though is that D&D are not smart enough to have put that all together. IF Arya & Gendry have sex in the book & IF it serves any purpose other than a romantic relationship, & IF it happens to be the purpose you stated I think it would be a coincidence. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I agree it's a possible explanation, the biggest issue though is that D&D are not smart enough to have put that all together. IF Arya & Gendry have sex in the book & IF it serves any purpose other than a romantic relationship, & IF it happens to be the purpose you stated I think it would be a coincidence. 

Well, if we are speaking about books, I can't imagine George Martin writing a romantic relation at this point, just for romance. I can't even remember any "romance" in the book that was just a plain romance. It all ended up serving a political cause. 

But it is true that it it would make more sense for Gendry taking up on his family's lands, with Arya as some kind of companion. 

11 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

The way Arya and Gendry parted ways in the books is way different than the show. In the books, Gendry chose to remain with the brotherhood, even when Arya asked him to come with her. After that event, Arya did not have one positive thought about them after the brotherhood (in her internal monologue, she states as much).

And since she is still eleven? in Winds of Winter, I doubt we're going to see an actual sex scene with her. If there is one, it better serve a good efn purpose.

A romantic relationship between Gendry and Arya in the books seems farfetched at this moment. Unless there is a time skip, she will be thirteen at most by book seven, and Gendry 17-18. And with him chosing the brotherhood over her 'pack,' I can't seem them working, unless George wants them to be a thing. Then it's his prerogative.

Well she's currently in an identity stripping cult in the books so its not farfetched she's not thinking about him. Its Jon that is keeping her together.

We do know that Gendry is with Stoneheart at the inn. There is even a little Arya-alike there.

The common room was crawling with children. Brienne tried to count them, but they would not stand still even for an instant, so she counted some of them twice or thrice and others not at all, until she finally gave it up. They had pushed the tables together in three long rows, and the older boys were wrestling benches from the back. Older here meant ten or twelve. Gendry was the closest thing to a man grown, but it was Willow shouting all the orders, as if she were a queen in her castle and the other children were no more than servants.

If she were highborn, command would come naturally to her, and deference to them. Brienne wondered whether Willow might be more than she appeared. The girl was too young and too plain to be Sansa Stark, but she was of the right age to be the younger sister, and even Lady Catelyn had said that Arya lacked her sister's beauty. Brown hair, brown eyes, skinny . . . could it be? Arya Stark's hair was brown, she recalled, but Brienne was not sure of the color of her eyes. Brown and brown, was that it? Could it be that she did not die at Saltpans after all?

Outside, a rain began to fall. Inside, the fire crackled, and the common room was filled by the sounds of chewing, and Willow smacking children with her spoon. "One day that little girl will make some man a frightful wife," Ser Hyle observed. "That poor 'prentice boy, most like."

One of many characters who supplant her identity as Arya loses hers. The others being Jeyne Poole as Lady Arya and Alys Karstark in Mel's mistaken vision to Jon. Arya has to reclaim her identity. 

Then there is this from Jaime

"Not all," said Jaime. "Lord Eddard's daughters live. One has just been wed. The other …" Brienne, where are you? Have you found her? "… if the gods are good, she'll forget she was a Stark. She'll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall."

He thinks Arya has been wed and Sansa is on the run but Sansa is the one wed and Arya who knows the blacksmith and the fat faced inkeep.

So we can't say the clues aren't there if it happens

Archived