[spoilers] So, in the end, the PTWP...

Aerys Blackfyre

...was Arya!

...am I the only one who thinks that this doesn't make much sense? (even if I liked how the episode ended)

and btw, if Beric was kept alive for all this time because he needed to be there to protect her (and a similar thing happened to the Hound), then why did the Lord of Light ressurect Jon, since he did next to nothing to defeat the Night King?

let's discuss... 

whats the point? there is no point it looks like everything that's been foreshadowed and hinted at were all lies so the writers can laugh at us "its unexpected haha" real funny.  honestly this just completely ruined the story for me and what's the point of even watch the rest of the show now?

heck whats the point of Jon's story at all?

he spent 7 seasons trying his best to get people stop the WW for him to have little to nothing to do with stopping them. where does he go form here let alone where does the story go form here. this was meant to be a doomsday event and it get taken care of in one night (episode) and we've just meant to go back to caring about who sits on the throne again....

Jon might not have dealt the final blow to the NK, but he was the one that assembled everyone and rallied them. He convinced them all there was a great war to be had. Without Jon, the NK would have marched with no resistance. 

3 minutes ago, Snikt5 said:

Jon might not have dealt the final blow to the NK, but he was the one that assembled everyone and rallied them. He convinced them all there was a great war to be had. Without Jon, the NK would have marched with no resistance. 

This!

And Jon might be the one who unifies Westeros.

19 minutes ago, Dex drako said:

whats the point? there is no point it looks like everything that's been foreshadowed and hinted at were all lies so the writers can laugh at us "its unexpected haha" real funny.  honestly this just completely ruined the story for me and what's the point of even watch the rest of the show now?

heck whats the point of Jon's story at all?

he spent 7 seasons trying his best to get people stop the WW for him to have little to nothing to do with stopping them. where does he go form here let alone where does the story go form here. this was meant to be a doomsday event and it get taken care of in one night (episode) and we've just meant to go back to caring about who sits on the throne again....

He didn’t need to. His plan actually worked this time. 

1 minute ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

So in the end the prince/princess who was promised didn't actually matter to the show.

i guess the story didn`t actually matter to the show. Or the title either.

Or for Martin either, i guess we did had the answear in the first bookk "What do we say to the god of death?"

20 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

So in the end the prince/princess who was promised didn't actually matter to the show.

But they brought that profecy back last season! 

I Don t know how people can think this ep and season as a whole are good when they are making an awful job dealing with the core thematics of asoiaf and they don t answer any of the enigmas! 

25 minutes ago, Pacala said:

i guess the story didn`t actually matter to the show. Or the title either.

Or for Martin either, i guess we did had the answear in the first bookk "What do we say to the god of death?"

Stick them with the pointy end.  That's where the heart is etc.  Foreshadowed from the off by GRRM!

48 minutes ago, Snikt5 said:

Exactly. That is what Kings do. They organize and lead the battle.

Unless the prince that was promised actually has nothing to do with the great other and refers to something else entirely. 

That is the only thing I can think of to rationalize this choice, especially because they did emphasize the prince that was promised last season

Archived