[spoilers] So, in the end, the PTWP...

Aerys Blackfyre

4 hours ago, Dex drako said:

heck whats the point of Jon's story at all?

4 hours ago, Snikt5 said:

Jon might not have dealt the final blow to the NK, but he was the one that assembled everyone and rallied them. He convinced them all there was a great war to be had. Without Jon, the NK would have marched with no resistance. 

In many ways this is the next step in Jons arc: Going from a do'er to a ruler. If he had been Neds bastard son, he would have completed his heroic epic by becoming King in the North, but as the son of Rhaegar, he must go South and take the Iron Throne. Even though he as pledged himself to his aunt, who is also his lover, and who also needs to go South and take the Iron Throne to complete her heroic epic.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but as a show-watcher (not a book-reader) I'm pretty pleased that (as far as we can tell right now at least), the whole AA+Nissa Nissa/PtwP prohpecy was thrown in the trash bin.

Seriously, it doesn't get more cliche or trope than having vague prophecies about an underdog chosen one who will rally the realm and vanquish evil.

People on this forum love to complain about how predictable everything on the show is, and Jon killing the NK would be the most predictable ending there is. 

At least Arya killing the NK was somewhat unexpected.
Jon still did his part by rallying the "armies of men". Without Jon, Arya would've never been able to kill the NK.

44 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but as a show-watcher (not a book-reader) I'm pretty pleased that (as far as we can tell right now at least), the whole AA+Nissa Nissa/PtwP prohpecy was thrown in the trash bin.

Seriously, it doesn't get more cliche or trope than having vague prophecies about an underdog chosen one who will rally the realm and vanquish evil.

People on this forum love to complain about how predictable everything on the show is, and Jon killing the NK would be the most predictable ending there is. 

At least Arya killing the NK was somewhat unexpected.
Jon still did his part by rallying the "armies of men". Without Jon, Arya would've never been able to kill the NK.

Sorry, but "unexpected" =/= "good" in the least, and "predictable"=/="bad". As someone in another thread said, the NK stumbling, accidentally falling against a Valyrian steel weapon and dying,  would have been highly unexpected, yet only a little worse that what actually happened. It's easy to produce shock value when nothing makes sense. We had two characters who were contenders for being TPWWP, and have been built up for that. This kind of "unexpected" is instatisfying, frustrating, and completely anti-climatic. 

1 hour ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Why is everyone calling Night King Lich King? I feel like I’ve been left out of an inside joke.

It is from the game Warcraft 3. The Lich King controls the undead, without him they run amuck (they still operate though not like NK). The theory was that there should always be a Lich King to control the undead, in the game World of Warcraft another person replaces him.

3 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Arya is the greatest assassin they had, why people have problem with this? Jon already killed 2 WW, he doesn't need to kill every WW out there, Arya is a Faceless man, she is more suitable for assasinating someone.

I don't have a problem with Arya being the one to kill the NK.  I just have a problem with the way it was filmed/done, and I hope there is a bit of explanation or something later.  I'm not sure how she got past all the dead, the WW, and then came flying through the air at the NK.  As we saw in the library, yes she has stealth, but she isn't invisible.  I just don't understand how it happened that she could get in close enough to kill him...that's the only problem I have with it. 

3 minutes ago, tallTale said:

If Jon and/or his dragon weren't the ones to kill the NK, honestly R'hllor bringing Jon back from the dead makes little sense .

It makes as much sense as R'hllor bringing back Beric.

Without Beric, Arya would've died either in S2-S3 or during the battle.
Without Jon, there would be no massive army there to buy time, so Arya would've died as well.

Remove either Beric or Jon, and the NK would've won today.

13 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I don't have a problem with Arya being the one to kill the NK.  I just have a problem with the way it was filmed/done, and I hope there is a bit of explanation or something later.  I'm not sure how she got past all the dead, the WW, and then came flying through the air at the NK.  As we saw in the library, yes she has stealth, but she isn't invisible.  I just don't understand how it happened that she could get in close enough to kill him...that's the only problem I have with it. 

Sam survived this through luck;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yoS3LFIFM

Stealth works.

Just now, Aerys Blackfyre said:

yes, but the same could be said about so many other characters

Well, did these characters die? 

Honestly, I'm not gonna defend this to tooth and nail, as it does feel a bit hollow. 
I don't expect it to go down this way in the books (well, we can safely say that it won't.)

2 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

Sam survived this through luck;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yoS3LFIFM

Stealth works.

LOL..are you kidding?  

It doesn't make a lot of sense that Sam survived, but I guess you could say that the WW just couldn't be bothered.  Arya somehow had a Quicksilver moment of moving faster than light, to get by the wights and WW at a very critical moment, and surprise the NK.  

I don't see any issue with Arya appearing from nowhere and jumping that far, we are talking about a girl who can change her face after all.

What actually confuses me is the fact that in the beginning of the show, Melissandre supported Stannis as she thought he was the one chosen to bring light to the world and bla bla. But when she meets Arya, it seems as she sees in her that she'd be the one to kill the NK... So, why would she still support Stannis until his death?

4 minutes ago, AGS Martell said:

I don't see any issue with Arya appearing from nowhere and jumping that far, we are talking about a girl who can change her face after all.

What actually confuses me is the fact that in the beginning of the show, Melissandre supported Stannis as she thought he was the one chosen to bring light to the world and bla bla. But when she meets Arya, it seems as she sees in her that she'd be the one to kill the NK... So, why would she still support Stannis until his death?

I don't think her visions are very clear.  She obviously didn't actually see Arya killing the NK.  Just that she would be a killer who would close many colours of eyes.  But then later on I guess it became more clear that the blue eyes were actually the blue of the NK. *shrug* I don't know.  

rewatching the show, IS it possible that Arya was "wind-walking" or "used "Misty-Step" to get past the WW?

They show a breeze the moves the hair of the WW right before the shot of the NK reaching for his blade. This is how I think the Show explains how Arya made it past, but to my knowledge while Arya is very stealthy, she is not invisible or has the ability to "wind-step"

Archived