[spoilers] So, in the end, the PTWP...

Aerys Blackfyre

3 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:
  • Azor Ahai 2.0 might be more than one person.
  • Lightbringer might be more than one thing.
  • Bringing the dawn might be more than one event.

It's not over..... 

It's over. People paid money to see Transformers 2,3,4,5... GOT is now at that level and masses are still cheering. it's over. Dany says it in the trailer for this episode: The Great War is over. On to the drunk megalomaniac Cersei and her evil Popeye the sailor.

It is over.  Lightbringer, AA, the prince that was promised.  It's done.  The show forgot about it.  The most we will get is Dr. Branhatten giving us 2 or 3 lines that can try to fig leaf over the massive story the short night threw over a cliff by having Arya and Arya alone kill the NK.

47 minutes ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

BTW, IMHO the whole Melissandre/blue eyes speech is just a coincidence that they tried to exploit to make us believe that they planned the NK scene a long time ago... in fact, this was the original line from season 4, and as you can read, the sentence ends with green eyes, the emphasis is on that (the blue eyes IMHO are just a reference to Polliver or Trant, or someone with blue eyes that Arya killed during her journey):

“I see a darkness in you, and in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyeseyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again.”

they wanted to produce a hold-the-door-like effect, with the only difference that the Hodor scene was actually planned very carefully by GRRM, while the whole Arya/Mel scene was just a failed attempt of sensationalism

Doesn't Cersei have green eyes ?

But it's funny how they took that quote and rearranged the order to suit their situation. What an epic fail. Reminds me of my fav comedy, where after many many seasons of greatness they don't know how to properly write and create something great and just rely on callbacks even if they don't warrant it just to seem like they're clever, when in reality, it's lazy shallow writing.

18 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Doesn't Cersei have green eyes ?

But it's funny how they took that quote and rearranged the order to suit their situation. What an epic fail. Reminds me of my fav comedy, where after many many seasons of greatness they don't know how to properly write and create something great and just rely on callbacks even if they don't warrant it just to seem like they're clever, when in reality, it's lazy shallow writing.

Cersei in the book has green eyes, but the actress who plays her has blue eyes.

Yes they are clearly trying to go the Cersei has green eyes way, which is rather pathetic since the quote originally was referring to Arya’s becoming a faceless man, not Arya’s badass female character killing spree. Oh well. 

People often refers to Arya's training as an excuse to defend the incredible stealthy skills but if we rewatch the show for a bit we'll see that her training couldn't have lasted more than 1 year. People are trying to convince themselves that 1 year of training is enough not just to kill the NK the why she did, but to draw a battle against Brienne. Throwing knives (like she did in the forge, even though she never actually used knives on her training), be a god at running (even though her training never even touched on the running and get faster). She trained with Syrio for 2 weeks TOPS and even then she wasted more time wandering in the riverlands with the Hound than she did actual training. She learned to play ROLES not to be an EPIC ASSASSIN WHO CAN DESAPPEAR.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, Red Dragon10 said:

I don't have a problem with Arya being the one to kill the NK.  I just have a problem with the way it was filmed/done, and I hope there is a bit of explanation or something later.  I'm not sure how she got past all the dead, the WW, and then came flying through the air at the NK.  As we saw in the library, yes she has stealth, but she isn't invisible.  I just don't understand how it happened that she could get in close enough to kill him...that's the only problem I have with it. 

After rewatching this scene and the episode numerous times, I've concluded that arrogance actually killed the NK.

He knew Arya was there and coming for him, but he simply didn't care.  He just nonchalantly turned around and caught her mid jump.  The Theon scene set this up perfectly.  All the WW's and wights just stood aside as Theon charged and the NK just let him attack.  This is exactly what he did with Arya.

Bran had said in the previous episode that nobody had ever tried to use dragon fire to kill the NK, but he just stood there and let Dany try to roast him.

He knew Jon was running up behind him and didn't seem to really care.

The NK was an arrogant prick and his over confidence got him killed.

45 minutes ago, Vuron said:

After rewatching this scene and the episode numerous times, I've concluded that arrogance actually killed the NK.

He knew Arya was there and coming for him, but he simply didn't care.  He just nonchalantly turned around and caught her mid jump.  The Theon scene set this up perfectly.  All the WW's and wights just stood aside as Theon charged and the NK just let him attack.  This is exactly what he did with Arya.

Bran had said in the previous episode that nobody had ever tried to use dragon fire to kill the NK, but he just stood there and let Dany try to roast him.

He knew Jon was running up behind him and didn't seem to really care.

The NK was an arrogant prick and his over confidence got him killed.

I think you're right, but to be fair, the NK had earned his arrogance as it hadn't let him down until that point!

2 hours ago, a girl knows nothing said:

I hate that stupid smirk he gives after Dany tries this on him. He was so much creepier emotionless. 

I don't know - it was still pretty creepy.... 

In my (comedy default) mind his narrative was, "Ah. I see you didn't watch Hardhome." 

On 5/1/2019 at 2:09 PM, Ser Loras The Gay said:

People often refers to Arya's training as an excuse to defend the incredible stealthy skills but if we rewatch the show for a bit we'll see that her training couldn't have lasted more than 1 year. People are trying to convince themselves that 1 year of training is enough not just to kill the NK the why she did, but to draw a battle against Brienne. Throwing knives (like she did in the forge, even though she never actually used knives on her training), be a god at running (even though her training never even touched on the running and get faster). She trained with Syrio for 2 weeks TOPS and even then she wasted more time wandering in the riverlands with the Hound than she did actual training. She learned to play ROLES not to be an EPIC ASSASSIN WHO CAN DESAPPEAR.

I don't think we know how long it was, but it could be over a year. It's been 7 years since she left Winterfell. It's plausible that 2+ were in Bravos. Further, Arya has been practicing her stealth for a lot longer than that.  She was chasing cats in Kings Landing in AGOT. 

But more importantly, the way she killed the Night King wasn't particularly spectacular. Hiding in a court yard and running past stationary people who don't know you are there is not difficult.  The wights and white walkers aren't super human fast (they are rather slow).  Even all pro linebackers couldn't catch someone running full blast if they were turned the wrong way and had no notice. Hasn't anyone played Kill the Carrier? Open field tackles are hard as hell. 

Jon being able to run through Winterfell that was overrun with wights was way more absurd IMO. 

I was super into it because I wasn't expecting it, and I appreciate the swerve of the big bad threat is over and now we're back to the politics. But looking back now it was definitely a WTF moment. This dude, as soon as he touched Bran or a baby marked them or turned them, yet nothing happened to Arya? Ok sure he wasn't expecting it and didnt think she'd do anything, but the stealth I cant buy really. 

I also think the NK isn't gone, at least the idea of a NK. I feel like its one of those things that never goes away. Darkness doesn't just end and never comes back. Wasn't the NK made 8,000 yrs ago? So after 8,000 years this is how it happens? I feel like we're going to see something on the island near KL, where there still may be Children of the Forest. I think another NK or NQ will be made, and maybe it's actually Jon. If hes TPTWP, but in another way. Rather than Ice its someone made of Fire

• 2 months later...

The way I see it Arya fits the AA prophecy even in the show.

She is reborn amist salt and smoke-> the whole boy-girl thing and the different names (reborn) and the saltpans location

1st try water-> kills polliver with needle (all men are made of water)

2nd try trapped lion's heart-> kills raugh with needle (who was trapped and the Hound shows her where the heart is)

3nd try his wife-> kills the waif with needle (we don't really see it, so I'm just guessing).

This works for me. And I think it will be the same with the books only killing different people, maybe Dareon was the first. I coudn't really tell if it was needle that she used.

That I don't get is why she used the dagger and not needle..

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Ice Queen said:

How did Arya know she had to stab him EXACTLY where the dragonglass was when the Children created him?

The Hound taught her where the heart is. She stabbed him where the heart is, which just so happens to be where the Children stabbed him to create him.

Archived