What will be the final WTF moment?

Butterwell

2 hours ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Something to do with Daenerys. 

She's lost Jorah and in Epsiode 2 they shoehorned in a scene with Greyworm and Missandei talking about how they want to go back to Essos. Essentially no one wants her to be Queen apart from herself. Everyone will want Jon instead of her and he has the better claim. 

Does she kill Jon? Fly north and become the Nights Queen? I don't know, but I can't see the Jon and Danerys issue being resolved by talking, them getting married or Jon bending the knee.

Just - fucking - stop.
Seriously, these Daenerys crack-pot theories are getting out of hand. 
Daenerys had ample opportunities to kill Jon in this episode, but she didn't - on the contrary, she saved his life. 

And their entire issue will be resolved by marriage, that's the entire point. 

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

Beric's purpose this entire time being to keep Arya alive without knowing it was a pretty big WTF-moment for me, way bigger than Stannis burning Shrieen and Ho-ld-the-door-dor.

That's fine if it was for you, but this is not the third WTF moment. The Ds said they had Arya pegged to kill the NK for 3 years now in their outside the episode synopsis. But they said they knew the WTF moments when George talked to them much earlier on. And the third one is supposed to be at the end.

I think Beric being alive and brought back all those times for that moment was something the Ds created.

Although I do think Daenerys has had some inklings of 'mad queen' moments, there is only 3 episodes left.  She hasn't seemed 'mad' the last few episodes (I don't find her super pleasant, but not mad).  I have a hard time believing that she completely loses it in 3 episodes..

My guess is, its Jon kills Dany because she attacks Cersei's wildfire cache and burns down King's Landing. They said it happens at the very end and D&D wanted to be as far away from the internet as possible after the series finale. This could also fit with Emilia's comment where she seemed to dislike audiences having a lasting flavor of WHAT Daenerys is.

21 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Just - fucking - stop.
Seriously, these Daenerys crack-pot theories are getting out of hand. 
Daenerys had ample opportunities to kill Jon in this episode, but she didn't - on the contrary, she saved his life. 

And their entire issue will be resolved by marriage, that's the entire point. 

Every single named character wants Jon to be King and is the rightful heir. Daenerys entire story has been about her trying to be Queen. That's some serious conflict.

You have every right to disagree, but to claim the idea that Daenerys turning sour towards her allies is a crackpot theory is absurd. Do you really think the whole series is gonna end with them getting married? GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet. What is bittersweet about them getting married?

5 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

You have every right to disagree, but to claim the idea that Daenerys turning sour towards her allies is a crackpot theory is absurd.

Do you really think the whole series is gonna end with them getting married?

Moving the goalposts I see.

I didn't call the idea of "Daenerys turning sour towards her allies" a crackpot theory.
I called the idea of "Daenerys trying to kill Jon" a crackpot theory. 
The whole idea is ludicrous after the last episode.

I do think they might end up getting married, but I don't think they will end up married and co-ruling in perfect harmony. 
Them leaving the Iron Throne behind altogether, is much more plausible at this point. 

Moving the goalposts I see.

I didn't call the idea of "Daenerys turning sour towards her allies" a crackpot theory.
I called the idea of "Daenerys trying to kill Jon" a crackpot theory. 
The whole idea is ludicrous after the last episode.

I do think they might end up getting married, but I don't think they will end up married and co-ruling in perfect harmony. 
Them leaving the Iron Throne behind altogether, is much more plausible at this point. 

You singled out my two examples which I followed up by saying "I don't know" what will specifically happen. Why bother singling out those two points?

2 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Every single named character wants Jon to be King and is the rightful heir. Daenerys entire story has been about her trying to be Queen. That's some serious conflict.

This is an exaggeration. Every single named character? Daenerys entire storyline has been becoming who she thinks she was meant to be as the last in her line. But first and foremost she wants family. She thinks she's the last Targ and therefore the throne is hers by right but now that she's got Jon/Aegon it wouldn't be farfetched to see her give up the Throne if Jon even wants it. He's honorable and he's already bent the knee. Plus he saw her in battle and knows she'd fight to protect her people.

12 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

You have every right to disagree, but to claim the idea that Daenerys turning sour towards her allies is a crackpot theory is absurd. Do you really think the whole series is gonna end with them getting married? GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet. What is bittersweet about them getting married?

That could be the "sweet" part. Bitter could easily be Jaime killing Cersei or something along that line. They don't have to go hand in hand. 

Jon just an accessory for Dany's dreams I see. 

All he has ever wanted was to be Lord of Winterfell and be a Stark and lately all he wanted was to defeat the Night King. These are his dreams. Not to take a throne, marry his aunt, fly off on dragons, have pureblood incest babies, continue the Targaryen line or whatever else you're focusing on in Dany's head. Her wishes won't align they will CLASH with other characters.

1 minute ago, DanyDayne said:

This is an exaggeration. Every single named character? Daenerys entire storyline has been becoming who she thinks she was meant to be as the last in her line. But first and foremost she wants family. She thinks she's the last Targ and therefore the throne is hers by right but now that she's got Jon/Aegon it wouldn't be farfetched to see her give up the Throne if Jon even wants it. He's honorable and he's already bent the knee. Plus he saw her in battle and knows she'd fight to protect her people.

I'm very much looking forward to see how her character will develop in the next episode.
In the span of a handful of days, she's lost her entire army, her claim to the throne, her oldest friend and probably Rhaegal too (either he's dead or he's bound with Jon at this point.)

Daenerys sacrificed almost everything, all of her power (with the exception of Drogon) in order to save the north. 
...and we still have people like @Rose of Red Lake continuously making crackpot theories about Daenerys turning into the mad queen 2.0, when she no longer has the power necessary. 

I'm very much looking forward to see how her character will develop in the next episode.
In the span of a handful of days, she's lost her entire army, her claim to the throne, her oldest friend and probably Rhaegal too (either he's dead or he's bound with Jon at this point.)

Daenerys sacrificed almost everything, all of her power (with the exception of Drogon) in order to save the north. 
...and we still have people like @Rose of Red Lake continuously making crackpot theories about Daenerys turning into the mad queen 2.0, when she no longer has the power necessary. 

Your theories about Jon and Dany marriage sound just as crackpot. At least I'm thinking of a shocking twist here and something in line with what Game of Thrones does - gives you exactly what you don't want. You're still hanging on the uwuw romantic ship in love train. I'm thiinking of something in line with the three treasons that she's prophesied to have, Dance 2.0 parallels, Robert's Rebellion parallels. Also something in line with Jon being dark after his resurrection which GRRM said has to happen to characters who come back from the dead. Did you notice he didn't give one fuck about Dany in that battle? She's giving everything to him and he doesn't even care about her life. Nice. 

I can see Daenerys genuinely thinking she's saved Westeros and demands everyone 'bend the knee', 'bend the knee'. It will cause serious tension and Sansa has called it right in pointing it out to Tyrion. I think she will alienate everyone - especially as almost all her earlier supporters (Unsulllied and Dothraki) are dead.

She got to have her baby first though, and he'll be the one who ends up on the Throne.

Daenerys more than proved herself this episode tbh. I won't spend this week defending her to people that refuse to see since it's their choice. She's made mistakes, she's been corrected, she's grown just like any other character. She's far from perfect but she wants to be a good queen. Unlike the REAL Mad Queen Cersei, she put her own life on the line to defend the living. All she has left is Missandei, Jon and her Dragons. But people will still say she's going to go crazy and "burn them all". 

Which brings me to the wtf moment. I can see Cersei doing this. She won't hand over her power so easily. Same way she destroyed the Sept and everyone in it is the same way she'd probably destroy KL before surrendering. Jaime has to kill her like he did Aerys and puts Aerys' daughter/grandson on the throne in her place. Bittersweet.

2 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Your theories about Jon and Dany marriage sound just as crackpot. 

How so? Just because you don't want it to happen means it's a crackpot theory.
There's been several hints in the show of this happening. Doesn't mean it *will* happen, but if it does, it won't come out of the blue. 

At least I'm thinking of a shocking twist here and something in line with what Game of Thrones does -

"Shocking twist"...
Would be nice to read one of your shocking twists for once that doesn't include Daenerys going berserk.

You're also giving the writing too much credit. There hasn't really been any major shocking twists in this show for a few seasons now. 

You're still hanging on the uwuw romantic ship in love train.

I mean, they are, or at least where a couple on the show.
They kissed, they had sex, they where clearly in love at one point. 
I don't need to hang on to something that's clearly happening on the show.

What happens next is anyones guess, but you need to have a severe anti-Dany bias to think that she would attack Jon after this episode. 

I'm thiinking of something in line with the three treasons that she's prophesied to have, Dance 2.0 parallels, Robert's Rebellion parallels. 

This is the show, not the books. Don't use the books as a source.
The three treason's have never been mentioned in the show, and now when way more prominent prophecies like AA/tPtwP seems thrown out the window, this doesn't seem very likely.

Also something in line with Jon being dark after his resurrection which GRRM said has to happen to characters who come back from the dead.
Did you notice he didn't give one fuck about Dany in that battle? She's giving everything to him and he doesn't even care about her life. Nice. 

I'm not following you here. Jon was resurrected before he met Daenerys in S7.
Any potential change in character would've happened in S6, not now mid S8, and would be a part of Jon's character that she's familiar with. 

Lastly, you're outright wrong.
He clearly still cares about her (or did you miss when he called out to her mid-fight), but they're in the middle of a battle. Not shouting "I love yoooouuuuu" when wights are about to rip your face of does not equal "not giving a fuck".

Archived