What will be the final WTF moment?

Butterwell

It's pretty clear to me that Dany and Jon aren't exactly comfortable with the Jon/Targaryen reveal, but there's been no signs that it's a major problem yet, either.

Clearly they're in love, which was why the earlier dragon-riding scene was included.

Cersei isn't enough of a threat to cause a major problem between them, and three episodes of falling action with no threat to all of humanity doesn't add up.

Which leaves...Bran has now lost control of himself and is turning into the major villain at the end, which has already basically been setup.  So nothing more would be required except one confirmation scene.

This would lead to Dany and Jon, married and in love, having defeated Cersei, having to sacrifice themselves to save the world, and a shitload of other major characters dying.

So the final WTF moment is Dany and Jon sacrificing themselves to save the world from 3 Eyed Night King Bran.

51 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon just an accessory for Dany's dreams I see. 

All he has ever wanted was to be Lord of Winterfell and be a Stark and lately all he wanted was to defeat the Night King. These are his dreams. Not to take a throne, marry his aunt, fly off on dragons, have pureblood incest babies, continue the Targaryen line or whatever else you're focusing on in Dany's head. Her wishes won't align they will CLASH with other characters. 

He loves his aunt, so he will be happy to marry her. So hayters will have to suffer)

23 minutes ago, Genius said:

So the final WTF moment is Dany and Jon sacrificing themselves to save the world from 3 Eyed Night King Bran.

The death of Jon or Dany cannot be WTF moment. WTF moment is such a moment was impossible to predict. No one expected to see the burning Shireen or the loop of time with Hodor. Anyone can die in the final - this is not incredible. Bran = Night King - it is really sounds like a wtf moment.

53 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Daenerys more than proved herself this episode tbh. I won't spend this week defending her to people that refuse to see since it's their choice. She's made mistakes, she's been corrected, she's grown just like any other character. She's far from perfect but she wants to be a good queen. Unlike the REAL Mad Queen Cersei, she put her own life on the line to defend the living. All she has left is Missandei, Jon and her Dragons. But people will still say she's going to go crazy and "burn them all". 

Which brings me to the wtf moment. I can see Cersei doing this. She won't hand over her power so easily. Same way she destroyed the Sept and everyone in it is the same way she'd probably destroy KL before surrendering. Jaime has to kill her like he did Aerys and puts Aerys' daughter/grandson on the throne in her place. Bittersweet.

I pretty much agree with this, Dany has painted herself pretty well in the last episode, without her armies they'd have been overwhelmed even quicker, I can see the North and Sansa having a new found respect for her to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Ilissa said:

The death of Jon or Dany cannot be WTF moment. WTF moment is such a moment was impossible to predict. No one expected to see the burning Shireen or the loop of time with Hodor. Anyone can die in the final - this is not incredible. Bran = Night King - it is really sounds like a wtf moment.

Well yeah, that's part of it.

I came out of the episode kind of expecting it almost, but looking at the reaction, at this point it would be a huge WTF to almost everyone if there was any threat past Cersei.

Bran is very likely the most powerful person left in the world by far, so maybe they just all shrug their shoulders at that?  But I'd much prefer 3 Eyed Night King Bran to Let's All Go Kill Cersei.

5 minutes ago, Genius said:

Bran is very likely the most powerful person left in the world by far, so maybe they just all shrug their shoulders at that?  But I'd much prefer 3 Eyed Night King Bran to Let's All Go Kill Cersei.

Maybe this happens in the end. After everything is sorted we see Bran sitting alone, then suddenly he stands and his eyes glow ice blue lol. That would maybe explain the staring contest between him and the NK. 

I still think that Dany will die and that it will happen by Jon's hand, so I'm going with that. No idea why Jon will kill her though. I thought that he'd do it to make that Nissa Nissa thing to kill the NK  but the NK is apparently dead, so...

Do we know if Cersei still produces Wildfire and stores it below Kingslanding?

Would fit into D&D writing style, you get attacked by a necromancer -> you hide everyone in the crypts.

You get attacked by a Dragon-Queen you hoard Wildfire in your basement.

The end maybe that Dany is the actual reason why the Wildfire gets ignited, without her knowing it is there.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, Genius said:

It's pretty clear to me that Dany and Jon aren't exactly comfortable with the Jon/Targaryen reveal, but there's been no signs that it's a major problem yet, either.

Clearly they're in love, which was why the earlier dragon-riding scene was included.

Cersei isn't enough of a threat to cause a major problem between them, and three episodes of falling action with no threat to all of humanity doesn't add up.

Which leaves...Bran has now lost control of himself and is turning into the major villain at the end, which has already basically been setup.  So nothing more would be required except one confirmation scene.

This would lead to Dany and Jon, married and in love, having defeated Cersei, having to sacrifice themselves to save the world, and a shitload of other major characters dying.

major villain set up? how? when? where?

I think Urine will turn on Cersei and assume control of the Golden Company. Because secret Eastern connections and blah, blah. Arya will do more badass things. Jon or Danny or both will have to die. As will one or both dragons. Jaime better kill Cersei. Tyrion will end up on top because fuck everything. 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:41 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I pretty much agree with this, Dany has painted herself pretty well in the last episode, without her armies they'd have been overwhelmed even quicker, I can see the North and Sansa having a new found respect for her to be honest.

What was Sansa ever going to do, anyway? Jon and Danny were in lurv. She might could very well have his boat baby. 

Let's say Danny completely effed up in battle--like her Dothraki did--Jon would say to Sansa, "Hey, cuz. Chill. My auntie ain't goin nowhere. And she's your auntie-by-marriage, too. Or wait, how does that work? My brain hurts."

Branbot casually mentions the fact that before he died Ned Stark warged into a pigeon flying overhead. Said pigeon shits on Cersei- blinded she falls own the stairs and dies. D and D reveal they were planning it since Series 1 and congratulate themselves on their brilliance and the fact that nobody saw it coming. 

I've long had the idea that whatever has caused  recent magical events--Dragons, Jon's resurrection, perhaps Danaerys being alive after the fire that created the dragons--will go away. I wondered if it might be necessary to make it go away to stop NK (obviously not the case). And that the result would be, perhaps Jon's death, perhaps him only being able to survive above the wall like Benjen. Perhaps the same for Dany. And that would indeed be bittersweet, to win but to lose the magic that allows Dany's dragons and Jon's life among other things.

So it is not necessary to kill NK, but I still wonder--what made this magic come and what might make it go away? Could killing NK itself start that process? (As an aside, this speculation is based in part on book material concerning suppression of magic by Maesters--the world they're building has no room for dragons--maybe they have a good reason for it?) 

So maybe part of the resolution of this story is that magic goes away. The comet is gone. And the implications of that may be tragic.

Some thoughts: 

1) Dany and Arya haven't met yet - what if they finally meet, and Dany gets upset about the North calling Arya the hero for killing the NK, and proclaim her QITN, Arya and Dany  have death threat exchanges, and Dany plans to have Arya assassinated - I think that would tear up a lot of fans, having to pick sides.

2) Jon learns about Arya killing the NK, and finds her knapsack of faces, and has a heart attack and die.

3) Bronn actually does come north and kills both Tyrion and Jaimie, then goes back, kills Euron, marries Cersei, and is consort to the queen.

4) Jon agres to keep parentage quiet, but Sam talks to Sansa and Arya, Sansa tells Tyrion, who switches sides. Varys finds out, and tyrion frames Varys as the spie.  Dany burns Varys alive, and the north is horrified.  Dany plots to have Jon killed, so he can't be supported over her for the throne.  Gold Cloaks learn of Jon and leave Cersie for Jon.  Dany sleeps with Euron to get Iron born. Dance of Dragons 2.0

5) Qyburn resurrects Rhaegar, who refuses (again ) to marry Cersei, but does marry Dany, to rule 7k.

4 minutes ago, willowbark said:

3) Bronn actually does come north and kills both Tyrion and Jaimie, then goes back, kills Euron, marries Cersei, and is consort to the queen.

Not sure if these were serious but Bronn's actor and Lena Headey won't be in a scene together.

Maybe Bran will lead someone to their death 'For the greater good', resulting in someone killing him in a fit of rage when he tells them? I honestly don't know at this point.

2 minutes ago, Radish Knight said:

Not sure if these were serious but Bronn's actor and Lena Headey won't be in a scene together.

Maybe Bran will lead someone to their death 'For the greater good', resulting in someone killing him in a fit of rage when he tells them? I honestly don't know at this point.

I wasn't serious, but shows can also find a way to film without the actors being together( hobbits and gandalf, for example)

On 4/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, Genius said:

As much as I don't like the Jaime/Cersei relationship, the Jon and Dany romance was the most predictable and contrived nonsense that has ever appeared in this show. Cliche even.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ilissa said:

The burning of Shireen wasn't that unbelievable. All the talk of king's blood, human sacrifices to the red god, the ever-increasing instability of followers of the red god, etc. It was always headed in that direction. I was actually more surprised by the revelation that Littlefinger and Lysa Arryn were the ones who killed Jon Arryn and started the War of the Five Kings than I was about Shireen dying. Not to say I wasn't horrified but...yeah.

There's probably a lot more to the whole "Shireen burns WTF" moment than what we are led to believe based on the TV show. Like I don't believe that Stannis will have his daughter and sole heir (and the only person you can say that he loves) burned alive just for better weather conditions when they aren't really all that bad. Plus, Stannis doesn't even really believe in R'hllor like that so it makes even less sense. I don't know...if Stannis is responsible for the death of his daughter and princess, he's going to have to be in a very, very dark place first.

Loop of time with Hodor? Now that was impossible to foresee.

While all these Daenerys-breaks-bad theories are fine, I think that that is something D&D would do. Not GRRM. No, the final WTF moment is all GRRM and it has has something to do with Euron.

Archived