What will be the final WTF moment?

Butterwell

8 hours ago, joaozinm said:

I don't think anyone killing cersei or Cersei killing anyone can be considered a WTF moment.

Ahaaa, BUT ..... Jaime puts his sword through her womb, thus killing her and their unborn incest-baby. Tell me that's not a major WTF!!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, MinscS2 said:

Moving the goalposts I see.

I didn't call the idea of "Daenerys turning sour towards her allies" a crackpot theory.
I called the idea of "Daenerys trying to kill Jon" a crackpot theory. 
The whole idea is ludicrous after the last episode.

I do think they might end up getting married, but I don't think they will end up married and co-ruling in perfect harmony. 
Them leaving the Iron Throne behind altogether, is much more plausible at this point. 

I hope this is right - but dany killing jon - going mad. I think this is what they want us to see, but I cant see dany doing this cos she is having a tantrum. she is a dragon, she is emotional, passionate, but killing jon. nope. If she is having a baby as we are led to believe or hinted at, then she is gonna survive. I was hoping to jon would be in the WTF moment, so his reveal to the world is AWESOME and giving him so credence at this point. I mean his riding dragons has been completely underplayed.  I am not sure if they will get married but dany with have a choice - throne of family it seems.

2 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I think the throne is gonna get nuked.

Like literally. Bran is going to bring a nuclear weapon in from some future time and drop it on the IT and everyone will be like WTF!

I think episode 803 was the WTF moment - with the response it is getting.

6 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Ahaaa, BUT ..... Jaime puts his sword through her womb, thus killing her and their unborn incest-baby. Tell me that's not a major WTF!!!!!

At this point we just expect Cersei to die before the show ends. The most likely candidates are Jaime, tyrion and Arya because of the valonqar thing.

We also have Jon, Sansa and Dany.

Só i think its just a matter of who. I would like If It were Jaime but i dont think its a Twist compared to hold the Door, for example.

I think Bran has to be involved in the final WTF moment.  Anything related to Jon/Dany, Cersei/Euron/Jamie or basically any other character doesn’t feel like it could shock me.

I’m hoping for something that gives a purpose to the Night King story line as at present it’s lacking.  Maybe the Night King was determined to kill Bran for a good reason rather than just wanting an “ever lasting long night”.

2 minutes ago, Hold_the_door said:

I’m hoping for something that gives a purpose to the Night King story line as at present it’s lacking.  Maybe the Night King was determined to kill Bran for a good reason rather than just wanting an “ever lasting long night”.

I agree. The demise of the NK after 8 years of build up was just so naff, I want there to be more to it. Whilst I can't see it happening, what I'd like to see is the posse heading south leaving just Sansa and Bran behind (with maybe the likes of Tormundlurking around), and Bran suddenly awakening as the NK, the NK having warged into him just before his death. That would be proper WTF!

28 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

At this point we just expect Cersei to die before the show ends. The most likely candidates are Jaime, tyrion and Arya because of the valonqar thing.

We also have Jon, Sansa and Dany.

Só i think its just a matter of who. I would like If It were Jaime but i dont think its a Twist compared to hold the Door, for example.

Killing a baby in the womb, as Robert proposed to do to Dany is not a twist? Why is no one discussing it then?

35 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Killing a baby in the womb, as Robert proposed to do to Dany is not a twist? Why is no one discussing it then?

Well, she is the main villain now. We expect her to die and there are some contenders to delivery the final blow, Jaime is one of them.

I don't think anyone will care about the bastard inside ver belly.

First she is a villain while Dany was nota.

Second nobody cared, even Jaime, about Joffrey or tommen's death

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't think it qualifies as a twist or a wtf moment because we've already seen a pregnant Talisa get stabbed in the womb during the Red Wedding. Have to up the ante now.

I'm not sure how Shireen's burning qualifies as a 'wtf' moment.  That's one of the few things I was positive was going to happen before I even looked up online theories.  To be fair, D&D didn't have ADWD yet when they heard the 3 big surprises, right?  I guess ADWD is a big part of what made it obvious.

Hodor was definitely a surprise.  Honestly, I laughed when I saw it because it was so badly handled in the show.  The premise is devastatingly sad though.  I wish the show had left the books to deliver that gut punch.

At this point, I'm skeptical that there will even be a third.  D&D are pretty notorious for how little they actually know about the books, so it could easily be something obvious amongst theorists or something that has become obvious since they had it revealed to them.

Its almost certainly Jon killing Dany.

This of course, would have made alot more sense if he had to do it to imbue his sword into Lightbringer and defeat the NK.. but i digress.

If i had to guess, she'll take the throne but the people of Kings Landing won't accept her/bend the knee. She gets mad and starts doing her thing - burning all the dissidents who won't bow down, including all the civilians. Jon sees he has to stop her.

Id wager quite a bit something like this will happen. Especially considering Emilia's reaction to reading the last episode.

4 minutes ago, CreptorStatus said:

Its almost certainly Jon killing Dany.

This of course, would have made alot more sense if he had to do it to imbue his sword into Lightbringer and defeat the NK.. but i digress.

If i had to guess, she'll take the throne but the people of Kings Landing won't accept her/bend the knee. She gets mad and starts doing her thing - burning all the dissidents who won't bow down, including all the civilians. Jon sees he has to stop her.

Id wager quite a bit something like this will happen. Especially considering Emilia's reaction to reading the last episode.

I sincerely hope not. They certainly don't have enough time to set this all up & make it flow & seem believable. (Not that it has stopped them in the past) But what makes you think this? What foreshadowing or clues to this ending have you seen? 

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I sincerely hope not. They certainly don't have enough time to set this all up & make it flow & seem believable. (Not that it has stopped them in the past) But what makes you think this? What foreshadowing or clues to this ending have you seen? 

I don't think they need to set this up too much. She's already burned plenty of people for not "bending the knee," including Sam's family.

Story/prophecy wise why Jon killing Dany could still work - if Dany is going to be a crappy evil ruler, burning people up like the other Targ kings, Jon offing of her would just be another part of the Azor Ahai/ PTWP prophecy. Jon has lead everyone in the battle against the WW. Maybe his last battle is getting rid of the monarchy/saving the people from another crazy Targ tyrant. But D&D don't really care about all that..

Outside the story: there is a recent article where D&D talking about the big WTF moments GRRM gave them. They say the first two were the Shireen sacrifice and Hodor "hold the door." The last one they say “… is from the very end…” So direct quote, we havent seen the last big shock. I can't think of anything that would truly be shocking besides Dany dying. Perhaps Cersei winning would be shocking, or Jon dying, or Bran going back and changing time or something stupid. But i think Dany death is certainly the most likely.

And to add on to that, Emilia gave an interview where she talks about when she learned the ultimate fate of her character. She "aimlessly" walked around for hours, depressed, crying, drinking wine. She also states she cried during filming her final scenes and felt a decent amount of fear.

SO, who knows but i am going with Dany being a goner. I can't imagine Jon not being the one to slay her.

BONUS: some people who live in Dubrovnik said during the filming of Kings Landing this season there was loads of dead, charred bodies in the Kings Landing streets with Jon/Tyrion being filmed walking through it. Which also leads me to my hypothetical scenario of Dany burning civilians.

Clarke recently mentioned that Episode 5 is bigger than the Battle of Winterfell - I assume she means in terms of massive events, not necessarily budget or battle scenes. Combining that with her quotes about the very end stunning her, and Coster-Waldau saying how sad the end is, has me thinking that Daenerys assumes the Iron Throne in Episode 5 with some serious carnage, leaving Jon to confront a very Targaryen-ish Aunty and cry hard when he kills her in the final episode.

I'm not sure why I am commenting on actors' quotes - as vague as they may be. It's a slippery slope toward reading those evil spoiler reports that some of you no doubt have peeked at. And thank you for not referring to them whatsoever. If this show is going to surprise me at all in the next three weekends, I should completely divest myself from reading any interviews or articles and go in blind.

That said, it's been so shockingly dumbed down and illogical that I hardly give a shit anymore.

38 minutes ago, CreptorStatus said:

I don't think they need to set this up too much. She's already burned plenty of people for not "bending the knee," including Sam's family.

I think Sam's family are the only people she burned for not bending the knee. 

39 minutes ago, CreptorStatus said:

Story/prophecy wise why Jon killing Dany could still work - if Dany is going to be a crappy evil ruler, burning people up like the other Targ kings, Jon offing of her would just be another part of the Azor Ahai/ PTWP prophecy. Jon has lead everyone in the battle against the WW. Maybe his last battle is getting rid of the monarchy/saving the people from another crazy Targ tyrant. But D&D don't really care about all that.

I disagree. Azor Ahai/PTWP prophecy doesn't really have anything to do with killing a crazy Targ ruler. But also I don't really see how they could make the plunge from Daenerys, the way she is now, to mad, sadistic, burn people for no reason like Aerys in only 3 episodes. Not well anyway. 

41 minutes ago, CreptorStatus said:

Outside the story: there is a recent article where D&D talking about the big WTF moments GRRM gave them. They say the first two were the Shireen sacrifice and Hodor "hold the door." The last one they say “… is from the very end…” So direct quote, we havent seen the last big shock. I can't think of anything that would truly be shocking besides Dany dying. Perhaps Cersei winning would be shocking, or Jon dying, or Bran going back and changing time or something stupid. But i think Dany death is certainly the most likely

I'm in agreement that there is another WTF moment in the story I just don't think Dany dying is anymore or less likely than Jon dying, or any other character dying. What I'm asking is how did you reach the specific conclusion that Jon will kill Dany or that Dany dying is the most likely? 

43 minutes ago, CreptorStatus said:

BONUS: some people who live in Dubrovnik said during the filming of Kings Landing this season there was loads of dead, charred bodies in the Kings Landing streets with Jon/Tyrion being filmed walking through it. Which also leads me to my hypothetical scenario of Dany burning civilians.

I see how this may lead you to the conclusion Dany will burn people but again I sincerely hope not. D&D don't have the time or the intelligence to set this up to be a good transition & it will come off as cheap & out of character I think. I suppose we will see soon though. 

Like the battle of black water cersei was prepared to take her own life instead of being defeated. She blew up the Sept of Baelor for revenge. I think if she is losing she going to blow up the whole of Kings Landing and take everybody with her, now that would be something she would do, finishing off what the mad king almost did. 

plus it kinda fits with dannys vision of the throne room the ceiling being caved in and abandonned, seens as danny can survive fire she could be the only surviver.

Archived