Jump to content
Butterwell

What will be the final WTF moment?

Recommended Posts

I honestly thought that the final WTF moment as told to D&D by GRRM would be something to defeat or end the WW threat. Possibly something to do with Bran and what he is capable of but Bran seems to just stare ominously, quote back other character’s dialogue with the best dramatic timing and loading up Jon’s Ancestry.com page.

No, it can’t be Arya killing the NK as he doesn’t exist in the books. So what could it be? I am at a loss, there is not much plot left for a WTF moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyrion killing Cersei, or better, Jaime (if he survived) killing Cersei.

Or maybe Daenerys winning the Iron Throne and giving it to Jon. None of this mad queen nonsense the haters are desperate for. She should remember the house of the undying where the Throne room is covered in Snow. A sign that the throne is Jon Snow's and what she really wants is a family/to go home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I am confused as to what it will be since the apparently the big bad of the show is now Cersei and all the prophecies appear to be a bunch of nothing.

So I think it will be something to do with Jon and Dany's baby and maybe Jon sacrificing Dany.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to do with Daenerys. 

She's lost Jorah and in Epsiode 2 they shoehorned in a scene with Greyworm and Missandei talking about how they want to go back to Essos. Essentially no one wants her to be Queen apart from herself. Everyone will want Jon instead of her and he has the better claim. 

 

Does she kill Jon? Fly north and become the Nights Queen? I don't know, but I can't see the Jon and Danerys issue being resolved by talking, them getting married or Jon bending the knee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Jon bending the knee.

But he did already. There should be no conflict. He knows nothing but just gives shit up. He has done twice already. When he joined the night's watch and when he bent the knee to Dany. He should just do it a 3rd time and be done with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shameeka said:

Bran becomes the new Night King?

Euron becoming the new Night King after Qyburn figures out how the walkers were created?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

But he did already. There should be no conflict. He knows nothing but just gives shit up. He has done twice already. When he joined the night's watch and when he bent the knee to Dany. He should just do it a 3rd time and be done with it. 

Yeah, but a lot of things have changed since then. I can agree that Jon couldn't give a damn about being King, but if Daenerys does something that makes him doubt her ability as a leader he might contend with her.  All it will take is a scene where everyone backs Jon to be King and Daenerys goes haywire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Yeah, but a lot of things have changed since then. I can agree that Jon couldn't give a damn about being King, but if Daenerys does something that makes him doubt her ability as a leader he might contend with her.  All it will take is a scene where everyone backs Jon to be King and Daenerys goes haywire. 

If Jon makes it he will be a Consort. A Prince Consort or King Consort. I don't think he will be a ruler. I just dont see any real conflict coming between them. He gives a good speech and he can fight but he isnt a ruler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

If Jon makes it he will be a Consort. A Prince Consort or King Consort. I don't think he will be a ruler. I just dont see any real conflict coming between them. He gives a good speech and he can fight but he isnt a ruler. 

True, but I feel like he's never had much of a chance to be shown as a ruler and I feel like the message that is trying to be made is that rulers who don't want to be rulers are good rulers. Contrast that with Daenerys who wants to be Queen because??? 

 

Daenerys whole schtick is that she wants to be Queen to liberate the people and do good, but what happens when the people don't actually want her to be Queen? I saw someone make a good point about Ep2. There's a scene with Bran and Tyrion which just cuts out. Then the episode ends with Tyrion drinking alongside Tormund, Jaime, Brienne, Pod and Davos. The point is that most likely Bran told Tyrion about Jon and Tyrion then told all of them. Outside of Greyworm and Missandei (who want to back to Essos) every named character will want Jon to be King.

 

So, yeah. I do agree that if it were up to Jon alone he wouldn't care, but if loads of people back him and then Daenerys does something crazy like threaten to burn them alive, it might change his attitude. I suppose all we can do is wait and see though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei's pregnancy will hit a complication. She knew she had a quota, 3 kids and no more, to get around this she had Qyburn reimpregnate her with triplet clones of them. Naturally this will end in tears, deformed babies with purple heads bursting out Aliens style. Tommen to choke her as well for the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ser Sinister said:

Cersei looks out over the walls of the Red Keep at all of the dead and dying. She sips her wine with a wry grin and cradles Euron Jr. with her other arm.

Fade to black...

It wouldn't be surprising since she's more dangerous than NK and his all army of death. I bet she will kill more characters. But this is GoT after all.

 

3 hours ago, DanyDayne said:

Tyrion killing Cersei, or better, Jaime (if he survived) killing Cersei.

Or maybe Daenerys winning the Iron Throne and giving it to Jon. None of this mad queen nonsense the haters are desperate for. She should remember the house of the undying where the Throne room is covered in Snow. A sign that the throne is Jon Snow's and what she really wants is a family/to go home. 


For some fans of GoT, the hatred for Dany is visceral. Well, she has nuclear weapons, she's a tyrant, she will burn everything and she will reign over a land of ash. Just to remember one of their theories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to involve Dany. Emilia Clarke was quoted as saying the ending completely shocked her and she had to walk around for hours to come to terms with what the script read. If it was simply something as dumb as Qyburn making Euron the Night King, it wouldn't affect Emilia the same way. She has not given positive reactions to this season in all the interviews she's done, so it has to be something bad. She either turns mad or Jon kills her or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperMario said:

It has to involve Dany. Emilia Clarke was quoted as saying the ending completely shocked her and she had to walk around for hours to come to terms with what the script read. If it was simply something as dumb as Qyburn making Euron the Night King, it wouldn't affect Emilia the same way. She has not given positive reactions to this season in all the interviews she's done, so it has to be something bad. She either turns mad or Jon kills her or both.

I agree with you, it has to involve her. I also wonder if it won't be just one thing. If it is, Tyrion betrays her, she goes mad and Jon kills her. It's like a chain of events...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

I agree with you, it has to involve her. I also wonder if it won't be just one thing. If it is, Tyrion betrays her, she goes mad and Jon kills her. It's like a chain of events...

Yep. Good points. It could be reversed too. Dany starts to go mad first and Tyrion senses it and betrays her. She arrests him and dragon breaths him to death. Jon is forced to kill her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperMario said:

Yep. Good points. It could be reversed too. Dany starts to go mad first and Tyrion senses it and betrays her. She arrests him and dragon breaths him to death. Jon is forced to kill her.

That would make much more sense than my chain. Because if Tyrion betrayed her already, then he is playing the audience and not just the characters on screen. But if he betrays her soonish because she starts to go mad... that makes sense. I hope your scenario pans out over mine ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beric's purpose this entire time being to keep Arya alive without knowing it was a pretty big WTF-moment for me, way bigger than Stannis burning Shrieen and Ho-ld-the-door-dor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×