Jump to content
Butterwell

What will be the final WTF moment?

Recommended Posts

Ooh, I've got a good one.

Who kills Cercei? Here's the WTF option:

Maggy the Frog's prophesy:

“You’ll be queen, for a time. Then comes another — younger, more beautiful — to cast you down and take all you hold dear,”

Not Arya, not Sansa, certainly not Dany. It is, of course, Ser Brienne (with a dash of lipstick)!

Cercei tries to kill Jaime and Brienne leaps to her sweetheart's defence.

And if you've got some objection to the person fitting the prophecy, Tormund would have a word ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CreptorStatus said:

Its almost certainly Jon killing Dany.

This of course, would have made alot more sense if he had to do it to imbue his sword into Lightbringer and defeat the NK.. but i digress.

If i had to guess, she'll take the throne but the people of Kings Landing won't accept her/bend the knee. She gets mad and starts doing her thing - burning all the dissidents who won't bow down, including all the civilians. Jon sees he has to stop her.

Id wager quite a bit something like this will happen. Especially considering Emilia's reaction to reading the last episode.

They wouldn't accept Daenerys yet they've happily lived in the real mad queens shadow for 2 seasons now, without a hint of revolt.
Sounds plausible...well, not really.

I expect the Red Keep, possibly all of King's Landing to go boom in episode 5. That's the final WTF-moment. 
Once Cersei realizes that the game is up and that there's no other way out, she'll do what the mad king tried to do 23 years prior - or she will try at the very least. Cersei going "If I can't have it then no one can" about the IT makes perfect sense, and would be quite bittersweet. Daenerys never gets to sit on the IT because it's blown to hell, and the big disaster that was averted 23 years ago still happened anyway.

And I wouldn't really trust anything the actors say, they've been known to, if not outright lie, then not quite tell the whole truth, and they are under obligations to shut up after all. And if that reaction from Emilia is the same I'm thinking about, then it can really mean anything, from joy to anger and sadness.

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I expect the Red Keep, possibly all of King's Landing to go boom in episode 5. That's the final WTF-moment. 
Once Cersei realizes that the game is up and that there's no other way out, she'll do what the mad king tried to do 23 years prior - or she will try at the very least. Cersei going "If I can't have it then no one can" about the IT makes perfect sense

Yes, that's what I've been suggesting - when she realises all is lost she decides to go full Aerys and "Burn Them All" with wildfire. In the same way Aerys was stopped, Jamie will have to put a sword in her back, although whether it is real Jaime or FM Arya is the open question. If the story has a 360 degree arc, it could mean a Baratheon then takes the IR - i.e. Gendry. Dany and her dragons will have to have met their tragic ends by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, House Cambodia said:

Yes, that's what I've been suggesting - when she realises all is lost she decides to go full Aerys and "Burn Them All" with wildfire. In the same way Aerys was stopped, Jamie will have to put a sword in her back, although whether it is real Jaime or FM Arya is the open question. If the story has a 360 degree arc, it could mean a Baratheon then takes the IR - i.e. Gendry. Dany and her dragons will have to have met their tragic ends by then.

I don't understand where all the "Gendry for king"-comments are coming from.
Gendry would make a horrible king, let alone the fact that he's shown no interest what so ever in it. 

And I genuinely can't see Daenerys dying before Cersei.
In fact, her surviving (and the way she survived) the long night makes me wonder if Daenerys won't actually survive this series after all.
I don't think both (or any) of her dragons will survive though, and I doubt that she and Jon will end up co-ruling happily ever after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

don't understand where all the "Gendry for king"-comments are coming from.
Gendry would make a horrible king, let alone the fact that he's shown no interest what so ever in it. 

Yeah, it's purely down to an absence of options, which tbf is how Cercei gave herself the gig.

After Dany's death (probably at the hand of Jon imo), Jon won't have the stomach for it. Sansa will insist on ruling the North only. That leaves who - Tyrion, Arya and Gendry, I think. I'd say it would be politically unwise for a Lannister to take the IR (I think Jamie will be dead and Tyrion will prefer to reprise his HotK role). Arya could settle down as Gendry's queen - he'll need people he knows around him such as her, Varys, maybe Bronn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given how many times Daenerys has saved Jon's life (3?), and given that Jon has yet to actually save Daenerys life, I'm very curious how the show will go down that path in a way that doesn't seem laughably forced - even if we don't take their prior "history" into consideration.

Seriously, episode 4 can't get here soon enough...

Edit: Another WTF-moment would be that Varys has been Cerseis spy the whole time. 
I'm still very interested in how Cersei knew that Jamie and Tyrion met in secret last season. 

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I don't understand where all the "Gendry for king"-comments are coming from.
Gendry would make a horrible king, let alone the fact that he's shown no interest what so ever in it. 

And I genuinely can't see Daenerys dying before Cersei.
In fact, her surviving (and the way she survived) the long night makes me wonder if Daenerys won't actually survive this series after all.
I don't think both (or any) of her dragons will survive though, and I doubt that she and Jon will end up co-ruling happily ever after.

so what are your predictions for jon and dany after ? both going separate ways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

so what are your predictions for jon and dany after ? both going separate ways?

I genuinely don't know. At this point it depends on whether she will reveal if she's pregnant in the next episode or not.

I doubt they'll end up co-ruling in harmony, but I also seriously doubt that either of them will have to have the other killed at this point.
I'm not feeling the Jon vs. Daenerys-vibe at all. Too few episodes left to develop this potential conflict. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep and it seems like the pregnancy thing is on the back burner. it could go they commit themselves to each other so the audience worries like hell about the pair of them and the drama...but kit has said interviews the incest thing is a big thing for jon...so we could have a break in the relationship via jon, dany is pissed - more fuel to the mad queen thing - and the he finds out e6 and they are brought back together. I don't think we will get the dany vs jon either and I don't want that either. e4 cant come quick enough for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yep and it seems like the pregnancy thing is on the back burner.

It should be though, given how little time has passed in the show since they went north. 

Time basically stood still between E1 and E3, so whatever time has passed since they "sailed together" is how long it takes to sail to White Harbor and then ride to Winterfell (Team Targaryen), or how long it takes to urgently ride from King's Landing to Winterfell (Jamie).

So it's basically only been a few weeks. Daenerys shouldn't be able to tell herself yet, so in a way I'm glad that they haven't revealed it yet (assuming that she is pregnant in the first place of course.)

If we finally get some downtime in E4, then it might be revealed, at least to the audience from Daenerys own perspective. 
If we get some downtime and nothing is revealed at all however, then sadly I think it's just a red herring.

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes it would be sad.  jon/dany and baby would be nice for them, for the sacrifices they have made, still it seems to be heading for a sad ending - that is not bittersweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The final wtf moment you ask. 

Flash forward 10 years: The Iron Throne is ruled by queen Sansa, her guard is Arya, her hand Tyrion, members of the court are Jaime and Brienne’s daughter Tormunda, Arya and Gendry’s daughter Sansa, Missandei and Greyworm’s adopted daughter Khaleesi. Since Sansa never get married or had an heir (she is just above all that shit), the next in line for the throne is the daughter of the late Jon and Dany, Aegon. Yes, her name is Aegon too, it’s up to you to decide why, but the solution is not it made creative sense to me and I wanted to name her that. Also Yara and Alys Karstark’s daughter named Lyannamormont Greyjoy is there. No, Cersei didn’t die, she is confined to a castle where she drinks wine and smirks all day. There’ll be a spin-off show about how she gets out and goes to war against Princess Aegon to reclaim the Iron Throne. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 6:33 PM, MinscS2 said:

Beric's purpose this entire time being to keep Arya alive without knowing it was a pretty big WTF-moment for me, way bigger than Stannis burning Shrieen and Ho-ld-the-door-dor.

Beric is dead in the books for good, gave up his last life to resurrect Catelyn Tully. So Beric can't be a WTF moment from George whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Beric is dead in the books for good, gave up his last life to resurrect Catelyn Tully. So Beric can't be a WTF moment from George whatsoever.

Would be cool if Lady Stoneheart's mission is to keep Arya alive though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wingednosering said:

D&D are pretty notorious for how little they actually know about the books, so it could easily be something obvious amongst theorists or something that has become obvious since they had it revealed to them.

This... It's a WTF moment for them to find out Sam's a POV in the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, no-lifer theorists like ourselves who spend hours debating and reading about theories consider most things that the average viewer (and D&D) would consider "WTF" or surprising to be "predictable".
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Would be cool if Lady Stoneheart's mission is to keep Arya alive though.

She's been searching hard for Arya and set up an orphanage in the last public place where Arya was seen (the inn where she kills Lannister soldiers together with Sandor). Even sparrows take orphans they come across to the orphans' inn. And Gendry who spent most time with her in the RL is stationed there to recognize her whenever she happens to show up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory, based on several related leaks lol.

Frikidoctor says Arya still has a "big destiny", other leaks say Jon will kill Dany, Jon will "finally see Arya". Both those supposedly happen in throne room.

So my theory is: Arya kills Dany for whatever reason. Maybe she sees her as a threat to Sansa or Jon. She wears Dany's face. Jon has decided Dany must die, possibly for same reasons as Arya. He comes upon "Dany" in throne room, not knowing it's truly Arya. They share a tender moment and he stabs her, with that look of anguish on his face that we've all come to know and love lol. Upon her death, Arya becomes Arya, Jon "finally sees" her. Unable to accept what has happened, he leaves for destination unknown. Kingdom now ruled by council. The end.

Ok, farfetched, I know. But.... That would certainly be a wtf moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TNTW said:

My theory, based on several related leaks lol.

Frikidoctor says Arya still has a "big destiny", other leaks say Jon will kill Dany, Jon will "finally see Arya". Both those supposedly happen in throne room.

So my theory is: Arya kills Dany for whatever reason. Maybe she sees her as a threat to Sansa or Jon. She wears Dany's face. Jon has decided Dany must die, possibly for same reasons as Arya. He comes upon "Dany" in throne room, not knowing it's truly Arya. They share a tender moment and he stabs her, with that look of anguish on his face that we've all come to know and love lol. Upon her death, Arya becomes Arya, Jon "finally sees" her. Unable to accept what has happened, he leaves for destination unknown. Kingdom now ruled by council. The end.

Ok, farfetched, I know. But.... That would certainly be a wtf moment!

Aye, that would be a proper WTF. I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×