Death scene: Lyanna Mormont

Kajjo

5 hours ago, Kajjo said:

She dies with 13 years. Some time has passed since her first scene.

Secondly, she is the Lady and decide on her own, whether it sensible or not.

Why so? She had the same knowledge as most others.

That makes her equally underage in game of thrones context as well. And just because she is a Lady she can’t do whatever she wants. She can be ordered around by Sansa, whose castle she is at, Jon who is warden of the North and Daenerys who is the North’s current queen. 

And no, let’s not compare her knowledge about the zombies to that of Sam or Jon or Edd or Tormund who fought them multiple times, not even to that of The Hound or Beric or Gendry or Gilly or Daenerys who all have first hand knowledge of this what these creatures are like and how they fight. Lyanna heard things about them. She had never seen one, she had never fought one.

And, 13 year olds (who are also the last heir to their house) still have no business in a battle, not strategically, not morally not in any way. when Arya or Sansa or Joffrey or Tommen were 13, they all had grownups around to keep an eye on them and protect them and they couldn’t do whatever the hell they wanted to endanger themselves. These are important offsprings of noble families, and children. Also who the hell would give any role in that battle to a complete novice?

Like do you send the fresh grad to negotiate with your most important client because they are so goddamn sassy and they want to do? No, you don’t. 

I agree to disagree, but I absolutely cannot be convinced that it makes any sense or is in any way acceptable that Lyanna was fighting in the middle of that battle. 

On 4/30/2019 at 8:42 PM, Ser Sinister said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I felt like that whole Lyanna scene was nothing more than fan service. As I mentioned in the Rant and Rave thread, you had this undead giant bust into the castle, using his arms as battering rams and scattering fully armored men left and right. If I'm not mistaken, this also initially included Lyanna.

Then miraculously, she's there before him. The giant picks her up, and the sound of cracking bones is heard. I guess that made the undead giant hungry, because instead of just hurling her over the castle walls (or just ignoring her altogether), he decides to eat her. Absolutely ridiculous, but that's just my opinion...

I fully agree with you. I'm glad people liked it but I was laughing during that whole thing. Would have been cool if Lyanna had spit her blood in his face, like a F you moment before she died showing how badass she is in her final moment, but the giant pulling her up to his eye so she could kill him, one of the dumbest moments in the episode. How does a 10 year old even have the power to shove that in there after the giant slapping her away and breaking most of her bones ? And why would a giant pick her up instead of stomping her, or worse, why would the giant bring her all the way up close to his eye ? It was so ridiculous. I can't believe people liked that. She should've been dead the moment the giant swatted her away. Even a grown up wouldn't outlive that.

I thought it was well done. I always liked her character and the actress did a great job and I hope she is in more stuff in the future. T\

I liked how she didn't turn into a super ninja or something though. She led her troops in battle which back in the time of noble warriors was done (though the kid was usually way in the back) since bloodlines mattered so much. However the "big kill" we see her do was more about sacrifice then anything else. You can either take it that she stoo up to the giant because she wasn't gonna die cowering. Or and this is how I want to think of it as is that she knew she was gonna die and decided that she should let the giant pick her up like that so she could get close enough to really kill it.

Either way I thought she had one of the best deaths we have seen on the show recently.  It's sad that house mormont is dead now though. It was one of the few noble houses we have seen on the show that was actually acted noble for the most part. When jorah took slaves they disowned him completly and his own father cursed his name. The mormonts kept their oaths to house stark and always kept to their values. (again jorah is the exception and even he comes around)

Archived