There HAS to be some kind of unexpected twist/turn

nborders

Next episode, setting pieces for The Battle of King's Landing, then an episode of said battle, and an aftermath plus who sits on what chairs etc.

I would love a big twist and there might be one. But I think it is almost wishful thinking at this point. So many of us called the cheesy ending of the army of the dead, with just differing characters being the ones offing with the NK. It will be cheesy in the end. I predict the last episode is the damn Targ wedding to be honest. With luck at least someone will die..

Well GRRM told them of three big twists, and one happens at the end apparently. The popular theory is Tyrion's betrayal. That is probably what it will be, and hopefully it makes some sense, but I don't have high hopes.

I would guess that this next episode is just setting up for Cersei. Then I assume a battle with Cersei, then the fallout/end.

23 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I think it has something to do with Euron and the mythos of the Drowned God.

It'll be interesting to see how D&D pull it off after approaching the entire Greyjoy family so lazily for the past 3-4 seasons.

If not Euron, it's either going to be Daenerys or Tyrion.

I don't think it will be Euron. He's not important enough in the Ds world for something like that.

At this point it will either be Tyrion betraying Dany or Jon sacrificing Dany while their Magic Incest Baby is cooing in the background.

2 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I don't think it will be Euron. He's not important enough in the Ds world for something like that.

At this point it will either be Tyrion betraying Dany or Jon sacrificing Dany while their Magic Incest Baby is cooing in the background.

I just see the incest baby punishing its way out of Dany's stomach like the Stark wights did in the crypts of Winterfell.

At this point it seems it will be all about Dany wanting to attack KL and maybe Jon not wanting to, wanting to sue for peace instead, and probably Cersei rigging King’s Landing to blow up if the city is attacked by dragons. So Dany will have to be stopped by Jon or Tyrion or Varys or whatever.

Lord of Light, Three Eyed Raven, that stuff is over with I think.

1 hour ago, Bran Snow said:

I just see the incest baby punishing its way out of Dany's stomach like the Stark wights did in the crypts of Winterfell.

You mean just like how incest babies Ned Stark and Cersei Lannister punished their way out of their own mothers?

Let’s see potential soap opera issues;

johns psychological problems “I am not a bastard, I m not a bastard” who am I? 

Sansa’s ruling problems while she tries to push Dany out of the window “I don’t want her here! No, I am the lady of winterfell”

cerseis f....... problems “you are better from Robert but not Jamie improve yourself”

Brans existential problems. “Who I am now the NK is dead?” 

Danys royal problems; “I am the Queen! I am the Queen. Repeat after me...”. 

And so on... 

We just had 2 full episodes (S8E1 and S8E2) which where basically just people talking and preparing for a battle.

Now with 3 episodes left, they not only have to talk and prepare for a (new) battle, they will have to show said battle, deal with all the drama that entails, the aftermath of both battles, and then ultimately wrap the entire saga up in a hopefully satisfying manner.

There's just no time for a hidden or sudden plot-twist.
What's already shown on the table is something that already requires 3 episodes to chew trough. 
If we only had 2 episodes left, I'd be genuinely worried, but with 3 episodes they might make it work.

6 minutes ago, longest night said:

Who is the most unexpected person to be on the throne? That will be the person that's on the throne. Why? Because it's unexpected.

TBF that's how the actual event its based on went down with a new lineage. Though Henry VII did have a claim to the throne, it was seen as so weak it wasn't worth bringing up due to it all being through women and not the Kings. Only problem is, theres nobody who can realistically come in and take it who isn't from one of the main families - Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Targ anyway. 

I think itll be Danny and Jon on the throne with some sort of twist thrown in to shock.

1 minute ago, chatty83 said:

TBF that's how the actual event its based on went down with a new lineage. Though Henry VII did have a claim to the throne, it was seen as so weak it wasn't worth bringing up due to it all being through women and not the Kings. Only problem is, theres nobody who can realistically come in and take it who isn't from one of the main families - Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Targ anyway. 

I think itll be Danny and Jon on the throne with some sort of twist thrown in to shock.

All those are too expected, you need to go big or go home.

3 minutes ago, longest night said:

All those are too expected, you need to go big or go home.

Robyn Arryn? (Everybody forgot about him by now)

Bronn? (He hasn't had a point in the story since season 3)

The Bad Pussy? (We never saw her die)

Archived