There HAS to be some kind of unexpected twist/turn

nborders

It looks to me like D&D have agreed with GRRM to take a distinctly different path from this point and not spoil certain book plots.

Looks very likely that book Cersei and Jammie were Targ bastards, Tyrion's condition was due to Tywin's attempt to abort another bastard but he was Tywin's only legit child. But that sort of twist would add nothing to the show at this point for lack of background treatment and Brann can't see it unless it happened close to a Weirwood tree.

Before looking for plot twists, how many people survived the AoD attack? The Twist might well be that there are barely a hundred people left to fight off an army of 20,000 with big holes in the castle walls.

So, if D&D f**k off all the story behind Jon, making Arya to kill NK only  because nobody expect that, then they can make that Arya to kill The Queen Cersei (green eyes), the possible future King Jon, (brown eyes) and then unfold the red carpet for the smartest person she knows. I think nobody expect that. Oh well, maybe it was a foreshadow that Arya will  kill Jon in ep.1.

I think Dany will go mad.

To start with, show!Dany is way more... intense when it comes to the Iron Throne. She had these moments of unnatural fixation on her goal. It'll then come to the second Dance with Dragons Jon vs Dany drama.

6 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Well GRRM told them of three big twists, and one happens at the end apparently. The popular theory is Tyrion's betrayal. That is probably what it will be, and hopefully it makes some sense, but I don't have high hopes.

I would guess that this next episode is just setting up for Cersei. Then I assume a battle with Cersei, then the fallout/end.

Maybe it's one of the betrayals left for Dany that was said to her in The House of the Undying?
Maybe Jon will betray her. She still has that "betrayal for love" and the one "for blood", so which one is gonna be?

I wonder of Qyburn's apparent ability to reanimate the dead will ever have any relevance to the plot? I'm guessing not.

Episode 6 will be an epic battle for the throne between Missandei and Hot Pie- just for the sake of being unexpected. 

OK, the big twist is that Jon marries both Dany and Sansa. One is Queen in the South, the other is Queen in the North. And he moves to Bear Island since all the Mormonts are dead. just kidding

Actually I think it be that another someone is revealed to be a Targ. I hope it's Jaime and Cersei.

No need for a great twist. Just another episode of boring buildup and fake tension coupled with some aftermath Winterfell stuff. Followed by another battle episode with no big surprises. Followed by the wrap-up episode.

1 hour ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

Actually I think it be that another someone is revealed to be a Targ. I hope it's Jaime and Cersei.

You  have to admit that there would be a certain symmetry (in an distasteful way) in making both brothers to have committed parricide. :P

10 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

Let's see if the theory that Euron invokes a kraken in the sea is true and that is why they have been saving in budget.

To what end? Get rid of Danny's fleet, which now numbers three ships?

13 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I think it has something to do with Euron and the mythos of the Drowned God.

It'll be interesting to see how D&D pull it off after approaching the entire Greyjoy family so lazily for the past 3-4 seasons.

If not Euron, it's either going to be Daenerys or Tyrion.

D&D don't give a fuck about the Drowned God. Euron is just a tool for their plot to have a bad guy.

2 hours ago, D2procon said:

What are chances that they dedicate just 30 minutes from remaining episodes to go back in time and provide context of the whole night king and white walker purpose in a way that will make us understand the confusion

Zero percent. D&D were done with this show two seasons ago when Disney put checks in front of them for Star Wars and they then proceeded to lick those checks off of Disney's smelly unwashed feet.

Archived