There HAS to be some kind of unexpected twist/turn

nborders

41 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

If we look at the other two 'Holy Shit' moments we have a girl being burned alive and a boy whose future is taken from him.  We have kings blood and nobody blood.  Shireen dies ultimately for Stannis's political desires.  Hodor's body size and strength is used by Bran in order to let Bran escape.  

Both are harmed by selfish desires from others.
Both are younger persons.
Both seem to be faultless.  
Both love or consider a friend the person who harms them.
Both are clearly used by capable, clear-eyed persons who should know better.

Anybody see a pattern?

What sucks is that GRRM said book Stannis would never burn Shireen.

3 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

If we look at the other two 'Holy Shit' moments we have a girl being burned alive and a boy whose future is taken from him.  We have kings blood and nobody blood.  Shireen dies ultimately for Stannis's political desires.  Hodor's body size and strength is used by Bran in order to let Bran escape.  

Both are harmed by selfish desires from others.
Both are younger persons.
Both seem to be faultless.  
Both love or consider a friend the person who harms them.
Both are clearly used by capable, clear-eyed persons who should know better.

Anybody see a pattern?

You forgot "Both twists are ultimately pointless".

Hodor would've still be a big, friendly simpleton that would've followed Bran north. The revelation that Bran caused him to be a simpleton in the first place was surprising, but ultimately didn't matter. The story and what transpired would've still been the same without this revelation.

Stannis was already suffering from low morale, bad weather and desertions. Ramsays 20-good-men had already sabotaged the camp made sure retreat wasn't an option. Stannis burning Shireen was, as with Hodor, a shocking revelation, but again, ultimately didn't matter. Stannis would've still lost that battle and the story and what transpired would've still been the same without this revelation. 

So if the third "WTF"-moment follows the same formula, it will indeed be something eyebrow-raising, but ultimately something that doesn't change or affect the story regardless if it happens or not. 

52 minutes ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

He also said that he does two things that only a few people have done on the show.

He was completely full of shit before season 7 aired, claiming Euron was going to make Ramsay Bolton look like a little boy.. all we got was a prancing pirate. 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:38 AM, Hippocras said:

I don't see Dany's story that way really. Without the deaths of her son and husband, her dragons would not have hatched. I rather suspect she knows that. She burned the witch alive in that fire with the dragon eggs because she knew that only death can pay for life.

She has shown VERY strong interest in learning how Jon was brought back to life. She wants to know how to do it.

:agree: she will likely become pregnant or already is

On 5/1/2019 at 10:24 AM, chatty83 said:

I don't think the overall twist was particularly bad or that anyone is massively bothered about Arya doing the deed. It makes Jons story utterly pointless but other than that she makes as much sense as anyone else but the direction of it was terrible, they basically told you it was gonna be Arya twenty minutes before it happened and it killed any suspense of what was about to happen just so Melisandre could have a cool line to say. It would have made more sense for her to be there and say it afterwards but they wanted to kill her off instead so essentially ruined their own twist for no reason. Was pretty baffling.

they ruined all Melissandre's scenes from previous seasons too...

4 hours ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

I’m thinking Euron kills a dragon, or he does something.  I remember reading that the actor said that he would be hated this season.  He also said that he does two things that only a few people have done on the show.

1. Screwing Cersei: Jaime, Robert, Lancel.
  2. Shooting down a dragon: Bronn, Night King.

Maybe Qyburn has something up his sleeves. I mean he resurrected the Mountain and designed the Scorpion. Both being crucial for Cersei to have some Power. She should give him even more Freedom to "make new things" whatever that would be.

I guess next Episode will be the North having trouble to be motivated to march into another war.

But we should get some scenes in Kingslanding and with Melisandre and NK dead Qyburn is one of the most "magic" characters out there after 3-eyed-Raven Bran.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but weren't the Golden Company founded by exiled Targaryens who have been planning for years to return to Westeros to reclaim their lands? I have a feeling they will decide to side with the cousin who has dragons. 

On 4/30/2019 at 1:01 PM, maiden of tarth said:

Was Arya killing the NK one of the three twists? How many of the three twists have we had? Is the Arya one the only one that has been revealed? 

Nope, as there is no NK in the books.

31 minutes ago, jgriffaz said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but weren't the Golden Company founded by exiled Targaryens who have been planning for years to return to Westeros to reclaim their lands? I have a feeling they will decide to side with the cousin who has dragons. 

It has been mentioned, and plenty of people believe that they will switch sides.

The fact that they are mentioned to "never have broken a contract" is typical GoT:ineese for "they will break a contract", in the same way that "I wish you good fortune" is GoT:ineese for "get fucked".

18 hours ago, jgriffaz said:

Ah, those crazy Targaryens.  They are behind everything, everywhere.  What you are saying is true, but just once wouldn't it be nice to blame or attribute another family! Tons or rain - those Greyjoys are at it again.  Big dogs - the Starks do the dog thing better than anyone. But no, always those cray Targs.

18 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

It has been mentioned, and plenty of people believe that they will switch sides.

The fact that they are mentioned to "never have broken a contract" is typical GoT:ineese for "they will break a contract", in the same way that "I wish you good fortune" is GoT:ineese for "get fucked".

It is a bit of a complex issue really. In the show the Golden Company history has never come up. In the books yes, they are exiles, but linked to a bastard branch of Targs that caused lots of rebellions and wars, so never historically friends with the royal branch of Targaryens at all - rather they were always trying to replace them. This is why it is hard to say how they might feel about Dany and AeJon. If they keep their historical grudge they would rather fight for anyone BUT Targaryens, yet in the books the assumption is they will fight for Aegon the Slighted (by the show) which is the main reason many book readers believe Aegon is a Blackfyre.

1 minute ago, Hippocras said:

It is a bit of a complex issue really. In the show the Golden Company history has never come up. In the books yes,[...]

Which would make it the ultimate "WTF!?"-moment for non-book readers.
(Once again book-readers get shit on, but it would hardly be the first time.)

Maybe Aegon and/or Daenerys promises to lift their exile if they switch sides. 
Or maybe they will fight for Cersei and it's yet again all a red herring. We'll see...

30 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Which would make it the ultimate "WTF!?"-moment for non-book readers.
(Once again book-readers get shit on, but it would hardly be the first time.)

Maybe Aegon and/or Daenerys promises to lift their exile if they switch sides. 
Or maybe they will fight for Cersei and it's yet again all a red herring. We'll see...

I think they will flip if Euron does, not for any reasons of their own in the show. But Euron may well flip. His original plan was Dany, not Cersei, she is clearly very beautiful which fits his dick-led ambitions in life, and he was super enthusiastic about Dany's dragons. The show also made a point of saying a few men were missing from the company and those might have headed for a chat with Dany.

I sincerely hope that we are not done with the White Walkers yet. I mean those mythical creatures and the prophesies and the stroies are just done and done with like that? It would be just plain boring to watch the politics and strategy game over the throne to continue with the drunken Cersei as the big villain. This is just the worst imaginable ending arrrgghhh.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, loverofcats said:

So, if D&D f**k off all the story behind Jon, making Arya to kill NK only  because nobody expect that,

I wouldn't say nobody expected.  I expected that, before season 8 started.

Arya's Big Deed was setup and foreshadowed in the previous 2 seasons, at least.  All one had to do was look at the evidence.

Archived