There HAS to be some kind of unexpected twist/turn

nborders

On 4/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Deminelle said:

I had a thought Bronn could actually kill Jaime. Would be silly enough after he saved him earlier. Then Brienne kills Bronn, Tyrion goes after Cersei.

My ideas usually are wrong though...

If Bronn does shoot Jamie, I'll put my money on Podrick taking down Bronn.  :)

We have heard Bronn tell Jamie "only I get to kill ya", so maybe that does happen.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:52 AM, nborders said:

There just has to be. There’s three 80 minute episodes left which means there’s four hours of story left to tell, with only Ceresi left to deal with.

I'm not convinced there are any "twists" left. I expect this season is pure follow-through, wrapping up loose ends and coupling off all the main characters into neat ships.

If there are twists remaining, these would be my favorite:

• There was that unusual casting call for a young boy who dominates his scenes, and whoever that was supposed to be, it's likely we haven't seen him yet. Speculation is, that Rhaego wasn't stillborn at all. If so, and if he's still alive, Cercei has aligned herself with a number of Eastern powers which could have conceivably gotten ahold of him, such as the Iron Bank or the Golden Company. If Cercei has him, that alone would prevent Dany from just torching the Red Keep with her dragons, and provide some drama to fill up an episode or two.
  • Arya died in Braavos and the Waif has been using her face ever since. There have been a number of scenes this season where she appears to be trying to figure out why Jon survived being stabbed, asking Jon about it directly, and also a scene between her and Beric Dondarrion where she learns he can't be resurrected without Boros. The twist then, would come when she kills Jon: she hasn't done it yet because she has to make sure he can't come back. Now that Melisandre is dead, she has the chance.
  • Qyburn's research into necromancy and obvious fascination with the wight lead to him learning how the CotF made the Night King, and he discovers how to do it himself. He performs the ceremony on Cercei, and she becomes a new Night King. She's beaten, but not destroyed, and she flees North of the wall, and the cycle continues.

But again, I'm not expecting any of that.

3 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

I'm not convinced there are any "twists" left. I expect this season is pure follow-through, wrapping up loose ends and coupling off all the main characters into neat ships.

Agree.

I think if there are remaining twists: 

-The Golden company aligning under Dany would be great.

-Dario being an insider in the Golden Company would be cool.

-Bron informing on Cersei would be expected

-Dorne? The Riverlands? The 2nd Sons? There HAS to be remaining forces that will auto align with Dany and Jon. I highly doubt Dany and Jon will break in any way save a death of either. 

-Sansa getting the Axe would be a shock, but the comment in front of Messandi was dumb. 

-I believe Arya will actually kill Cersei ('green eyes')

I'm positive we will know whatever we need to by the end of this weeks episode.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:21 AM, CrypticWeirwood said:
  1. Screwing Cersei: Jaime, Robert, Lancel.
  2. Shooting down a dragon: Bronn, Night King.

Pretty sure Drogon is going to get killed. Who knows, maybe that is the way to get Dany to allow Jon to be the king w/o a huge fight about it. Jon would have the sole surviving dragon, and the rightful Targ claim to the throne....He won't want it (More a reason he should have it) and he will try to allow Dany to be Queen...But damn people...Just get married and share it for F*CKs SAKE!

On 4/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, TheWolfOfCambridge said:

Bran is going to have more visions.

Maybe into the True Parentage of Tyrion? Tyrion's Reveal as a Targaryen. 

Perhaps a reveal of where Bran was warging during the battle.

Bran has such potential to close up some of these loose ends, I hope the writers use him to bring the last shocks on this story.

I hope he does provide some kind of wow insight into something... otherwise what’s the point of there being a memory of all humanity’s history if it’s stuck inside a dude who just stares at a tree? 

29 minutes ago, A man has no name said:

.... Jon would have the sole surviving dragon....

Er.. I think Dany considers them all hers. She let him ride it, she didn’t give it to him :) though it’s be fun if Rhaegal doesn’t let Dany ride him coz hes decided he’s bonded to Jon 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:31 AM, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

I’m thinking Euron kills a dragon, or he does something.  I remember reading that the actor said that he would be hated this season.  He also said that he does two things that only a few people have done on the show.

I hope he gets pushed out of a window :)

I'm still waiting on what ever happened to Craster's Sons. The big bad Night King whom we wanted 8 season to see fight dies in 1 episode. We see the Night King turn them into presumably a White Walker, but they were alive when he did this and  not dead. I haven't seen anything as of late that fully explained what became of those babies. I don't think they aged quickly and became his lieutenants lol. i think that's how the long night always continues with a new Night King 1000 or so years later.

1 hour ago, Stryder the Blackheart said:

I'm still waiting on what ever happened to Craster's Sons. The big bad Night King whom we wanted 8 season to see fight dies in 1 episode. We see the Night King turn them into presumably a White Walker, but they were alive when he did this and  not dead. I haven't seen anything as of late that fully explained what became of those babies. I don't think they aged quickly and became his lieutenants lol. i think that's how the long night always continues with a new Night King 1000 or so years later.

You must've not been watching the same show as the rest of us. The NK creates White Walkers from Craster's Sons.

As we can see from the last episode, all White Walkers are destroyed instantly once the NK dies.

So yes, that answers what happened to Craster's Sons.

2 hours ago, Figdoni said:

I hope he does provide some kind of wow insight into something... otherwise what’s the point of there being a memory of all humanity’s history if it’s stuck inside a dude who just stares at a tree? 

I hope so too but I think Bran is only still here because he was in the books written by GRRM and D&D kept to the books for the first 4ish seasons. I think if they could they would go back and not even include Brans storyline at all.

There is a pretty good chance of a unexpected twist/turn coming up. The reason for it is the simple fact that if there wasn't a twist coming up, why not end with the defeat of the Others? D&D could've written it so Cersei was defeated before the batte in the North. Leaving three 80 minute episodes to just defeat Cersei seems bizarre to say the least.

13 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

There is a pretty good chance of a unexpected twist/turn coming up. The reason for it is the simple fact that if there wasn't a twist coming up, why not end with the defeat of the Others? D&D could've written it so Cersei was defeated before the batte in the North. Leaving three 80 minute episodes to just defeat Cersei seems bizarre to say the least.

Cersei AND Daenerys. Let us not forget they've been trying to have Dany a mad queen in the making since EP1 in favor of Jon, isolating her and now also killing off almost all of her original army. There it goes the 'twist'.

1 minute ago, Steelborn said:

Cersei AND Daenerys. Let us not forget they've been trying to have Dany a mad queen in the making since EP1 in favor of Jon, isolating her and now also killing off almost all of her original army. There it goes the 'twist'.

That is what I am hoping for/expect. It seems like they have been pushing the "mad queen" agenda with Daenerys.

I think they could take out Cersei and when it comes to who gets to sit on the Iron Throne all of the remaining characters back Jon to be King and that pushes Dany over the edge.

5 hours ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

Plus there has to be something big that The Mountain does.  I remember that the actor said that he neeeded a stunt double for the first time this season.

Fights Sandor and fatally wounds him, then gets killed by Arya.  (which would be in keeping for the rest of the unbelievable stuff this season)

On 5/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, MinscS2 said:

The fact that they are mentioned to "never have broken a contract" is typical GoT:ineese for "they will break a contract", in the same way that "I wish you good fortune" is GoT:ineese for "get fucked". 

If we get a 5 minute scene of Tyrion or Varys explaining the entire history of the Golden Company at the beginning of the next episode...

Archived