E03 Questions

LadyNoOne

Hi,

I seem to have so many questions regarding the Long Night...

1. Especially since the Red Woman ignited the weapons of the Dothraki, why did they perish so quickly?  I recall Jaime remarking that they fought for sport, and that he'd seen nothing like them before.  So, with this added advantage, why did it take them all less than 15 seconds to die???

2. Many of the scenes were shot so dark that it was difficult to see what was happening exactly.  There was a point when Dany landed Drogon (I believe after trying to burn the NK -- and now we know that dragon fire doesn't work for that either), and the dead started attacking Drogon.  I saw that Dany tried to fly him to safety, but fell to the ground because he was thrashing about so much due to the dead.  Was Drogon ever able to get away?  It seemed so..

3.  Jon also was downed , and I wasn't sure what happened to Viserion.... This was before Jon charged the NK, and then the NK just started raising all the dead in between them to stop his advance.  Did Viserion  get away?

I have more questions.  Thanks for help.  Hope all enjoyed.

Cheers,

1) Well, it was a stupid move to charge like that. They couldn't even see the enemy yet. I'm pretty sure D&D just wanted a visually appealing scene with all the lights going off.

2) Drogon is fine; We see him joining Daenerys at the end, when she cries for dead Jorah. We didn't see Rhaegal, but I think he was alive in the preview for the next episode.

3) Viserion died like all the wights/white walkers when the NK got stabbed.

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

And Rhaegal? 

Did Jon manage to get him killed or was he just forgotten halfway through like ghost? 

I think he's alive, but just because he's in the next episode preview, I think (I added that to my previous message). It was difficult to understand within this episode, the same as for Ghost.

Just now, LadyOlenna said:

I think he's alive, but just because he's in the next episode preview, I think (I added that to my previous message). It was difficult to understand within this episode, the same as for Ghost.

Thank you. 

I didn’t watch the preview. 

Well im not even thinking about ghost. Jon doesn’t either, and what is ghost to me? 

13 hours ago, LadyNoOne said:

1. Especially since the Red Woman ignited the weapons of the Dothraki, why did they perish so quickly?  I recall Jaime remarking that they fought for sport, and that he'd seen nothing like them before.  So, with this added advantage, why did it take them all less than 15 seconds to die???

They probably destroyed tens of thousands of wights, but ultimately got swallowed up by the incredible mass of the army of the dead. I do wish their contribution had been given at least a throw away line or two. 

1 hour ago, LyanSnow said:

They probably destroyed tens of thousands of wights, but ultimately got swallowed up by the incredible mass of the army of the dead. I do wish their contribution had been given at least a throw away line or two. 

No lines were needed IMO. All that needed to be said was said by the expressions on everyone's faces, esp Jon and Dany.

I believe Rhaegal was seriously wounded in his fight with Viseyrion, so he's probably off licking his wounds.

14 hours ago, LadyNoOne said:

Hi,

I seem to have so many questions regarding the Long Night...

2. Many of the scenes were shot so dark that it was difficult to see what was happening exactly.  There was a point when Dany landed Drogon (I believe after trying to burn the NK -- and now we know that dragon fire doesn't work for that either), and the dead started attacking Drogon.  I saw that Dany tried to fly him to safety, but fell to the ground because he was thrashing about so much due to the dead.  Was Drogon ever able to get away?  It seemed so..

3.  Jon also was downed , and I wasn't sure what happened to Viserion.... This was before Jon charged the NK, and then the NK just started raising all the dead in between them to stop his advance.  Did Viserion  get away?

I have more questions.  Thanks for help.  Hope all enjoyed.

Cheers,

1.  Because D&D wanted it to happen.  That's the only explanation you will have.  A better question is why was the entire army waiting outside the castle, and why did the Dothraki attack the wights when they couldn't even see them.

2. Yes he appears in the episode 4 preview, but his wings seem to be half eaten?  I could be wrong but that's what it looked like.

3. Yes Jon's dragon (I'm guessing you mean Rhaegal) is alive too.

You're welcome, and no I didn't enjoy this episode at all.  F*** D&D

On 4/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, LadyNoOne said:

First of all, that was a bad strategy and a bad plot. I liked the idea of the lights going out, but blindly charging into nothingness was dumb.

On the other hand they probably killed very, very many wights. A horse charging, arakhs ablaze will have cost them dearly, probably 10-20 wights per rider. They lost anyway because of the sheer numbers of the wights.

You have watched as the wights almost succeeded in getting Drogon, the biggest dragon. Sheer numbers. They will have grabbed the horses, making them fall, and torn everything apart.

Further, it lasts longer than 15 seconds. We just saw flash moments of it. The riders needed quite a time to reach, the battle was longer. It was condensed for the watchers.

There was a point when Dany landed Drogon

She wanted to get Jon to ride with her, to save him. But Jon was off to run to kill the Nightking himself, now knowing he was immune to dragon fire. Daenerys could not have done anything against the NK and Jon wanted to get him.

Was Drogon ever able to get away?  It seemed so..

We saw him fly away and later land near Daenerys after the Jorah death scene, covering Daenerys with his wings, taking part in her sorrow. Drogon might be wounded, but he can fly and land.

Jon also was downed , and I wasn't sure what happened to Viserion.... This was before Jon charged the NK, and then the NK just started raising all the dead in between them to stop his advance. 

Viserion was a wight. He crumbled to bones and dust in the moment the Nightking was killed by Arya. All the White Walkers shattered into incy shards, all wights including Viserion crumbled to dust. Jon had just good luck. Viserion is dead and dust.

Jon dragon Rhaegal survived severely wounded. We will see how well he is in the next episode.

The Dothraki weapons were lit, so they could show a scene from above of them charging in the dark.

It didn't work because the advantage the Dothraki have over most everyone is that that scare the living hell out of them by charging, and that is irrelevant here. Outnumbered 20 to one by the dead, they were predictably overwhelmed.

Archived