Speculation based on poetry: The Bittersweet Ending

Dragons 7th Eye

Speculation: Humanity lives, Cersei rules; our heroes are dead and nobody remembers the Great War - because laying dead at the gates of King's Landing The North remembers, no more.

There will be legends of A Queen of fire and Bran the Seer and Jon the Dummy (I couldn't resist) but they are just legends. 6/7 Kingdoms know that they are just stories and the Wildlings up North where the Seventh Kingdom once was are just wildlings.

A thousand years later they will still be telling the stories about "8000 years ago" when The God of Winter attacked a stronghold in the Northern Wastes, but in the end Winter fell.

The End.

1 minute ago, LadyNoOne said:

She has only left two dragons

Well, all along the dragons were supposed to be decisive. They still are. Dragons can will a war against the Golden Company easily, see the battle against the Lannister army.

The better question would be what tricks Qyburn and the Golden Company have to make the battle more difficult than they expect it to be. Qyburn already demonstrated he can bring a dragon down. We will see.

The war against Cersei will be difficult, too. Killing Cersei or the Mountain will be important scenes.

5 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Well, all along the dragons were supposed to be decisive. They still are. Dragons can will a war against the Golden Company easily, see the battle against the Lannister army.

The better question would be what tricks Qyburn and the Golden Company have to make the battle more difficult than they expect it to be. Qyburn already demonstrated he can bring a dragon down. We will see.

The war against Cersei will be difficult, too. Killing Cersei or the Mountain will be important scenes.

I was a bit disappointed with Qyburn's machine... Of course dragons are vulnerable, they lay below the the Sept (when there was one)... They live and they die... A large bolt.. Hmmm.

I think we all know who will kill the mountain.  It is the man who promised that he was coming for him.  Cersei won't stand a chance after that.

P.S. @ Kajjo  If you feel like it, I had a couple of questions posted about E03.  The name of the thread is just "E03 Questions".  I'd very much appreciate your insights.  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, LadyNoOne said:

I think we all know who will kill the mountain.  It is the man who promised that he was coming for him.  Cersei won't stand a chance after that.

I hope it will be The Hound. 

Long time I was sure it will be Arya, because she is described like Oberyn "quick as a snake". 

Now that Arya killed the Nightking I don't think she will kill the Mountain, too. So the chances for the Hound just increased.

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Long time I was sure it will be Arya, because she is described like Oberyn "quick as a snake". 

Now that Arya killed the Nightking I don't think she will kill the Mountain, too. So the chances for the Hound just increased.

Oh I def meant the Hound.  Yes, he promised his brother he was coming for him in the S7 finale (in so many words)...

4 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Speculation: Humanity lives, Cersei rules; our heroes are dead and nobody remembers the Great War - because laying dead at the gates of King's Landing The North remembers, no more.

This isn't what I'd call "bittersweet".
This is something I'd call "really fucking tragic".

47 minutes ago, LadyNoOne said:

I was a bit disappointed with Qyburn's machine... Of course dragons are vulnerable, they lay below the the Sept (when there was one)... They live and they die... A large bolt.. Hmmm.

P.S. @ Kajjo  If you feel like it, I had a couple of questions posted about E03.  The name of the thread is just "E03 Questions".  I'd very much appreciate your insights.  Thanks. 

Kajjo, I had this P.S. for you in my original post which I edited... Would you mind taking a look at the couple of questions there?  Since it was an edit, I figured you did not see the request.  If not, no biggie.  Thanks!

BTW, I think that "new" song they have about Jenny and her Ghosts reminds me of Brianne and her Ball that was set up by her father.  I hope that she and Jaime realize they are in love, and act on that.  It is clear he has realized it won't work with Cersei, and moved on in that... bittersweet way. 

4 hours ago, Kajjo said:

The Hound died...

4 hours ago, Kajjo said:

All they'd really have to do is make a fake play for somewhere that would involve the Golden Company getting on Eurons boats then use the two dragons to do what Visenya did to the Arryn Fleet and Dany did to the army in Mereen, the ships full of men wouldn't be able to defend against the dragons very well at sea.

9 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

All they'd really have to do is make a fake play for somewhere that would involve the Golden Company getting on Eurons boats then use the two dragons to do what Visenya did to the Arryn Fleet and Dany did to the army in Mereen, the ships full of men wouldn't be able to defend against the dragons very well at sea.

Or something simpler: Euron only asked in the S7 finale if the dead could "swim".  He did NOT ask he they could walk underwater, which they can do since they pulled up Rhaegal using chains, walking him up from the lake.  Those folks don't need to breathe, remember. 

5 minutes ago, LadyNoOne said:

Or something simpler: Euron only asked in the S7 finale if the dead could "swim".  He did NOT ask he they could walk underwater, which they can do since they pulled up Rhaegal using chains, walking him up from the lake.  Those folks don't need to breathe, remember. 

I was referring to the Golden Company and Cerseis army that they now need to fight, the dead are defeated, the war with Cersei is coming.

Yes, but the only remains to fight are Dany's two dragons...  There may be a new machine for the dragons, but I doubt it will be successful.  A blockade, as originally proposed could work.   Let us face it, though.  This last battle was the toughest yet.  It is going to take people time to process.

Archived