"There is only One Thing We Say to Death"

Prince Jon

5 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

AA was not mentioned a single time in the show.

The Prince was mentioned a few times, mostly as Stannis and his Lightbringer.

Jon parentage is still important for the competition for the Iron throne, which is the main topic of "Game of Thrones". See the title. See the intro. It's all about the Iron Throne. It's a bit different from the books.

The prince that was promised was mentioned in several seasons since season 2. And it was mentioned in seasons 6 and 7... Are we suposed to Forget it? Or is arya the princess that was promised? Because it completly fits her story...

What competition? For the love of god! The parentage is important for personal reasons (for the starks and targaryens) and what it means for the fight against the others. Does anyone really think that after cersei jon and danny are going to fight for the throne? come on! This claim competition is the most useless angle of r+l=j at this point of the story.,.

Isn't the prophecy that "The Prince (or Princess) that was promised will bring the dawn"? 

Seriously, as far as vague prophecies go, this can mean literally anything or refer to anyone who survives long enough.
Tyrion outlives everyone and ends up on the throne and will ensure a just rule that see's the land prosper? Tyrion PtwP confirmed...

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Seriously, as far as vague prophecies go, this can mean literally anything or refer to anyone who survives long enough.
Tyrion outlives everyone and ends up on the throne and will ensure a just rule that see's the land prosper? Tyrion PtwP confirmed...

This makes no sense though. Wasn't PtwP an old Targaryen/Valyrian prophecy? Which would mean that the prophecy predates the stupid Iron Throne and therefore has nothing to do with who's sitting in it or who birngs prosperity to the land. The prophecy was always about The Long Night and who would save the world......which was very clearly never Arya

Not sure why people are taking the PtwP prophecy literally. could well mean anything, could well come to nothing in the books too.

as far as im aware AA isnt mentioned in the show at all is he?

People are determind that someone in the show MUST be AA/PtwP and its an obsession that i dont really get.

13 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

The prophecy was always about The Long Night and who would save the world......which was very clearly never Arya

I agree. On the DVD bonus material "Histories and Lore" Thoros of Myr recites the prophecy: 

According to prophecy, our champion will be reborn to wake dragons from stone and reforge the great sword Lightbringer that defeated the darkness those thousands of years ago. If the old tales are true, a terrible weapon forged with the lifeblood of a loving wife's heart. Part of me thinks man was well rid of it, but great power requires great sacrifice. That much, at least, the Lord of Light is clear on.

This can only mean Daenerys if taken literally. It might mean a lot, but "wake dragons from stone" is quite clear.

We will see whether the show will conclude this issue or not.

40 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think you missed the point of the whole series. 

So elucidate me, what is (in your opinion) the "whole point" of the TV show? I am curious. Put it in few word so I can understand it...

What is its name? Game of Thrones.
What do all but two main threads center around? The Iron Throne.

Again, the AA is not mentioned in the show at all. If you think so, please provide a reference. 

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

So elucidate me, what is (in your opinion) the "whole point" of the TV show? I am curious. Put it in few word so I can understand it...

Again, the AA is not mentioned in the show at all. If you think so, please provide a reference. 

I already told you the main theme of the series.  I already told you that prophecy on the great war has been part of the show since season 2, the WW since the first scene of the show, if they didn't mention AA, okay, I stand corrected on a detail, the show has still included WW and prophecy from the very beginning and totally destroyed that story in one episode.

Just now, the Greenleif Stark said:

Not that it matters much, but.......I'm pretty sure Mel mentions AA in one of the earlier seasons, check when she's burning bodies on Dragonstone for Stanis

I also thinks she does. But it doesn t matter because later on everybody just refers to the AA profecy as if it was the profecy about tptwp. And this profecy about defeating the darkness is mentioned A LOT in the show! 

What happened in the last ep simply doesn t make sense in the history of the show...

1 minute ago, divica said:

I also thinks she does. But it doesn t matter because later on everybody just refers to the AA profecy as if it was the profecy about tptwp. And this profecy about defeating the darkness is mentioned A LOT in the show! 

What happened in the last ep simply doesn t make sense in the history of the show...

Exactly

28 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

The whole point of the story, or what I was led to believe, was that the 'game of thrones' that all these characters play is a silly, trivial game and that there is a true threat that they must band together for.

Let's be clear why the show is called 'Game of Thrones': It is because 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is too long, and 'Game of Thrones' sounds cooler/less nerdy (and obviously it is the name of the first book, without the 'A' at the start). The name of the show is one of the decisions I think D&D got right, but now it seems they have decided that's what the story should actually be about which is a shame.

During the inside the episode I recall one of the Ds saying that "now they have concluded one of the main arcs". Excuse me, "one of"? That was THE arc, and if they don't see that then I don't know what they're seeing. Maybe there's more to it still, but I really don't think so.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Isn't the prophecy that "The Prince (or Princess) that was promised will bring the dawn"? 

The point is that Prophecies are always vague and open to interpretation.  They are things that people use to convince themselves they are doing the right thing.  We as fans use them to justify our belief that the person we want to win, is the one who will actually win.

Even after, we don't always know what they actually refer to.  Simple example (from a lousy movie) who is the last Jedi?

Could the spring be not the end of winter, but the start of a period of peace and prosperity?

Could the heart of the lover be not the one beating in her chest, but her children (Dragon) ?

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, Kajjo said:

Get a grip. Please no persponal agression. We want to have fun discussing the show. This is no pissing contest.

An the way the NK died is completely logical and no plot-hole. Read up, we explained it more than once now.

I'm out of likes, but I have enjoyed and for the most part agree with your posts on 8.3.  Thank you!

Archived