Football, a Sterling effort, but Virgil got Dijk'd.

BigFatCoward

Ajax are very good.  They're usually a bit wasteful with their chances but obviously taking enough of them so far tonight.

They'll be a really difficult opponent in the final but I still prefer matching up against continental teams rather than domestic teams in the CL.  It just has greater novelty and interest.

Unrelated news: Chelsea's transfer ban for two windows has been upheld, so it will apply to this summer and the January window only.  But ironically they can still sign youth players even though this ban was a punishment for their abuses/exploitation of youth signings.

26 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Unrelated news: Chelsea's transfer ban for two windows has been upheld, so it will apply to this summer and the January window only.  But ironically they can still sign youth players even though this ban was a punishment for their abuses/exploitation of youth signings.

I wonder why their ban was not deferred though. Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona all appealed and had their respective bans deferred.

Bah, fuck's sake Ajax.

Really good effort from Spurs in the second half but it's a little disappointing to see a side as exciting as Ajax going out to Spurs basically lumping the ball repeatedly up to Llorente.

More reasons to prefer a European super league over playing Burnley, Brighton, etc each week.

Incredible result by Spurs.  They tried the Liverpool approach: start by amassing a three goal deficit, then turn everything upside down.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Bah, fuck's sake Ajax.

Really good effort from Spurs in the second half but it's a little disappointing to see a side as exciting as Ajax going out to Spurs basically lumping the ball repeatedly up to Llorente.

There's been talk that Kane could make the final. That would be another huge boost for Spurs. Aurier should be available soon as well. Not sure about Winks.

1 minute ago, Iskaral Pust said:

More reasons to prefer a European super league over playing Burnley, Brighton, etc each week.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have to worry about getting to games every other week. A European league would be awful.

Pool yesterday is, I think, mostly about Klopp. What he has managed to do with the team - and players - is amazing. And I hate him for it, clearly.

I'll have to admit I'm envious of Spurs as well. Poch hasn't been able to buy a player for two transfer windows, has injuries all over, and had several players playing at the WC till the very end - and now Spurs (SPURS!) are in a CL final. 

At least Everton aren't managed by Allardici anymore..

Just now, Consigliere said:

There's been talk that Kane could make the final. That would be another huge boost for Spurs. Aurier should be available soon as well. Not sure about Winks.

That was my concern.  The gap in time to the final is long enough to allow Spurs to regain some players.  And Kane would be very motivated to play that game and then rest in the summer.  Spurs XI is very good.  We can beat them but it's no foregone conclusion in a one-off match at a neutral venue.  They know us well enough to have a good plan to neutralize us.

Archived