What Surprised you, What did Not

Hippocras

How badly directed it was. The Wights one minute being super fast killing machines then changing to Walking Dead, slow dumb zombies when required by the plot, 

Jon being made to look pretty useless.

Them not using the WWs at all, not a single battle with anyone of them other than NK on the dragons.

How most characters died about fifteen times then still survived. Sam mainly but also Brienne, Jaime, Podrick, Grey Worm were all pulled down with four plus wights on top of them only to be fine the next scene they featured in with no explanation.

How easy the Dothraki were massacred.

Throwing Ghost in for ten seconds and then never seeing him again.

Jorah surviving what should have been the impossible just so they could kill him later.

biggest surprises:

- no major character died. I really thought someone (Jon, Tyrion, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Jaime) would. I suppose that you can count Theon as a semi-major character but he was toast in the moment he decided to defend Bran.

- too few deaths. I expected more deaths than these five (not counting the NK)

- Grey Worm didn't die. He was on the top of my predictions of deaths in this episode. 

- (kinda) Arya killed the NK. I really thought it would be Jaime. 

- Bronn didn't show up in the middle of the battle to save the day

no surprises:

- the dead Starks revived

- Theon died.

- D&D got rid of all the Dothraki and Unsullied.

- dragon fire didn't kill the NK

I'll add biggest disappointments:

- the war against the NK is appently done in one battle

- no one had to fight with any "used-to-be-friend" wight. Lyanna and Edd were wighted but no one fought them. It would be cool if for example Sansa had to face someone of her ancestors in the crypts (like Ned the Headless). I was half-expecting that wight LF would try to kill Sansa. ;) 

- Jon senting Ghost to the first line and didn't even say goodbye to him or anything. I guess that a dragon is a more cool pet then a direwolf.

- Mel the mighty fire witch being basically useless. I expected more. And no, encouraging Arya to do a ninja thing isn't "more".

- the lighted stone balls (how exactly to you set a stone ball on fire btw?) didn't hit the dothraki. ;) 

"Yes, without the dragon queen there would be no problem at all. We'd all be dead already."

Not a major surprise, but Missandei standing up for her queen in front of Sansa surprised me none the less.

Surprise:

Jon basically doing nothing

Dany fighting with a sword

Arya being "Azor Ahai" kind of

Jon abandoning Sam to his fate

Lyanna slaying a giant

No Surprise:

Melisandre being boss

Sam being useless in battle

Jorah dying

Theon dying

Bran being no help

6 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Jon basically doing nothing

He rides the dragon and is part of killing Viserion off and at least holding Viserion off of the Godswood.

He than fights himself into Winterfell but doesn't get through the courtyard. Can happen. Is even realistically. 

Just now, Kajjo said:

Yeah, great surprise. The bets were very high against him. I didn't believe he would survive at all.

Was there actually a shot near the end confirming him alive? I feel like I really can’t say if several characters survived or not...we last saw them fighting.

7 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Was there actually a shot near the end confirming him alive? I feel like I really can’t say if several characters survived or not...we last saw them fighting.

Not 100% clear shot, but say 95%. One Unsullied without a helm, holding a spear on the right side below Tormund and Gendry. I bet it's Grey Worm. For sure we will only know in E4.

Archived