Maybe the Children of the Forest (and Bran) are evil?

Darkoak

Cracked pot theory time - the children of the forest are evil and hate humanity.  When they created a champion to use against the humans (the night king) he turned against the children instead.  Him and  his army of dead have been eradicating the children ever since.  This lead the children to create a new champion, the three eyed raven.  Now that Bran has used everyone to kill the night king, he will turn on them in the end after Cersei is delt with.

What a twist that would be!

6 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Well it would certainly explain why Bran didn't fucking do anything all episode. 

Seriously. There was no plan for when the NK actually got to Bran? Bran's arms still work, freaking stab him or something. Not wait for a Deus Ex Arya.

Yeah, that would almost be the only twist that could be left that doesn't make the entire white walker plot an entire waste of time. If it turns out in hindsight that in some weird way the NK was actually the good guy and the CTOF and the Three Eyed Raven the evil ones, it would kind of be an acceptably dramatic and epic ending.

5 hours ago, Darkoak said:

Cracked pot theory time - the children of the forest are evil and hate humanity.  When they created a champion to use against the humans (the night king) he turned against the children instead.  Him and  his army of dead have been eradicating the children ever since.  This lead the children to create a new champion, the three eyed raven.  Now that Bran has used everyone to kill the night king, he will turn on them in the end after Cersei is delt with.

I thought alot of this was actually true.....Well up to the point where you talk about the 3ER. After that it's cray cray. But everything before, I thought was absolutely true....am I zooted or something? :dunno::lmao:

I think the Children thought initially that this was a good idea. They couldn’t beat the Andals back. But it didn’t work. An explanation for that, for Craster, for the drawings and body part designs, all that, would be VERY GOOD STORYTELLING. 

I believe that the Children now regret their decision. And in the books, they still are alive deep in the Isle of Faces near Harrenhal at the God’s Eye. 

While they are wrapping up the political drama, it would be good to see them turn to the religious aspects briefly. What about the Seven, are they dead and gone? How to deal with leftover Bran? What do the old gods say about this? Is R’hllor still active? 

6 hours ago, Darkoak said:

I think most of what you say is pretty reasonable and maybe even mostly true. The children were only thinking of themselves when they created the night king. It certainly shows that those with supernatural powers are no better than humans in their intentions even though they are often worshiped as gods.

I agree, I just posted this. 

I don't know what Bran was doing all episode, but whatever it was, it was pretty evil shit. I never believed the theory about Bran being the Night King, but do you know who Bran is? He is the GREAT OTHER. Melisandre saw Bloodraven as the servent of the great other in the books, a servent to Bran. Why was the Night King trying to kill Bran? To end the long night, bring balance to the seasons, so he could finally live in peace. The Night King wasn't 100% evil, just did terrible things for the good of the world. Melisandre unfortunately fucked up again, and believed the Night King was the threat, and not Bran. This works in that Arya is not Azor Ahai or the PTWP, that person is still to reveal themselves

6 hours ago, Darkoak said:

Your theory is nice but I highly doubt it. There is not so much sophistication to this show. Most of the fans theories are better than the material we get thus don’t get your hopes high you will be disappointed. 

Archived