Dolorous Edd's life was riddled with one miserable disappointment after another, only to die believing that the Great Battle for Winterfell had been lost to the White Walkers.

the red god

2 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Wasn't all that bad he became lord commander of the nights watch.... many of the other men would never achieve that title.

He gets to be remembered as the Lord Commander that allowed the Wall to fall and the army of the dead to get through and assault the North.  :lol:

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"
"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"
"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

R.i.p

1 minute ago, briantw said:

He gets to be remembered as the Lord Commander that allowed the Wall to fall and the army of the dead to get through and assault the North.  :lol:

A don't think anyone will put too much blame on him lol! no other LC would have prevented it... Dragon n that...

He did make it back to Winterfell to give them a heads up that the WW were closer than expected... so I guess he gave them a bit of a edge to win... 

16 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

A don't think anyone will put too much blame on him lol! no other LC would have prevented it... Dragon n that...

Well, remember Westeros is a culture that remembers the man who singlehandedly saved a city of 500.000 people from a mad tyrant as the "vile Kingslayer"

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Well, remember Westeros is a culture that remembers the man who singlehandedly saved a city of 500.000 people from a mad tyrant as the "vile Kingslayer"

True but that was one mans choice... and he could have chosen to not to have slayed the king... Ed didn't really have a choice not to lose the wall.. as his plans for protecting it didn't include an Icey Dragon.. Had it been Mormont/Snow or any other LC they wouldn't have been prepared for it either... 

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Ed didn't really have a choice not to lose the wall.. as his plans for protecting it didn't include an Icey Dragon.

A good Lord Commander prepares for every eventuality.  

Just now, briantw said:

Lol okay.....I guess if he had the powers Bran had to know the dragon had been killed and turned I would agree with you... but as this was simple ed... I think he can be forgiven for not setting traps for every possible mystical event.... if a UFO landed I guess it would be his fault for not setting the laser canons up to combat this..

8 minutes ago, briantw said:

the lannisters had to drop gold on having an anti-dragon defense artillery invented because no such technology had ever existed. there was no necessity for it because air attacks, like dragons, were nonexistent. not to mention that the crows consisted of expendable outlaws and degenerates. i'd be hard pressed to believe that they were provided the best accommodations that money could buy.

Archived