"The Moon is an egg Khaleesi" Dany is knocked up folks...

gregg22

Of all the throwbacks to lines from previous seasons, the scene with Dany and Jon on the dragons with the moon can only be alluding to this one. You'll recall that in  Season 1  Dany's handmaiden tells her that the moon is an egg, and there were originally two, and when it cracked open it spawned a thousand dragons. Throughout the series the moon has always been associated with the womb, with terms like "moons blood" and "moon tea".

It was only a few episodes ago in the Dragonpit when tried to offer her hope that she could have children again. Im sure there are more layer to this and more hints. This one from D&D was glaringly obvious to me.

Dany has something cookin in there...it is known.

You underestimate how much they care about lore. While I think it's likely she's pregnant / can get pregnant - I call bullshit on an intentional reference. I say it's more of 'oh - this will look cool!'.

10 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

You underestimate how much they care about lore. While I think it's likely she's pregnant / can get pregnant - I call bullshit on an intentional reference. I say it's more of 'oh - this will look cool!'.

Underestimate or overestimate?   I think you meant to say the latter?

Yeah, looking cool would be their preference. 

18 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Giving them too much credit eh? Could be..

4 hours ago, gregg22 said:

Of all the throwbacks to lines from previous seasons, the scene with Dany and Jon on the dragons with the moon can only be alluding to this one. You'll recall that in  Season 1  Dany's handmaiden tells her that the moon is an egg, and there were originally two, and when it cracked open it spawned a thousand dragons. Throughout the series the moon has always been associated with the womb, with terms like "moons blood" and "moon tea".

It was only a few episodes ago in the Dragonpit when tried to offer her hope that she could have children again. Im sure there are more layer to this and more hints. This one from D&D was glaringly obvious to me.

Too much credit here.

If anything (and probably not) this particular dragon scene might have alluded to the Battle above the God's Eye in some weird way (Bran being the god in this case). They already used this battle reference in a weird way back when Jon and friends were stuck on the ice island last season. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

In the books, it seems that the "moon is an egg" story helps to tell the tale about Rhaegar, Elia, and Lyanna (the second moon that births Jon). So twice in one episode we get a 'dance of dragons'. But again, the show is very different and rejects and twists all lore. Show Tormund's tale about his affair with a giantess... just :rolleyes::bang:

I can see where you are coming from, but best not to try and line up the two stories or you'll drive yourself crazy.

6 hours ago, gregg22 said:

Ya, some how the Targ swimmers are so much better than everyone elses that it obviously trumps the non-fertile womb.  I honestly hate to say it, but I think she will be pregnant by story end.....which absolutely infuriates me. 

14 hours ago, gregg22 said:

Throughout the series the moon has always been associated with the womb, with terms like "moons blood" and "moon tea".

Throughout the series?! Really? I don't remember moon tea mentioned at all. Even the first bleeding was not called that moon blood. 

Do you gave any references in which scenes moon and womb were associated in the show (not the books)?

14 hours ago, gregg22 said:

on the dragons with the moon can only be alluding to this one. You'll recall that in  Season 1  Dany's handmaiden tells her that the moon is an egg

I remember. But I really did not get that connection. It was just a night. A moon is nothing special at nights...

But again, of course the speculation about Daenery being pregnant are not new.

Archived