Where Was Lord Yohn Royce?

L’Age d’or

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

How do you use cavalry effectively when on the defense, and against an enemy such as the AotD though?
The simple answer is: you don't. 

Mount of, form defensive ranks with all the other infantry and hope that your formation doesn't break. 

Ride down undead that make it through your giant fire moat. If they are going to form defensive ranks as infantry, I would recommend using polearms or spears.

8 minutes ago, longest night said:

There shouldn't be too little room to maneuver. The moat shouldn't be that close to walls so there is so little time to react.

But it was. There's what, 25-50 meters between the moat and the walls, at best: http://images2.imagebam.com/24/48/b1/bfdfd11209160434.png

How do you get a cavalry force, let alone one counting ~2000 to maneuver around in that small area, in a way that isn't outright detrimental?
The place would be clogged up by wights and other knights in 5 seconds. 

They probably (and rightly so in my opinion) expected their infantry to do most the heavy lifting anyway.
Better to plan the defenses around the infantry holding a defensive formation and then regrouping inside the keep, than to plan around heavy cavalry that most likely wouldn't work (for a prolonged period of time) anyway.

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

But it was. There's what, 25-50 meters between the moat and the walls, at best: http://images2.imagebam.com/24/48/b1/bfdfd11209160434.png

How do you get a cavalry force, let alone one counting ~2000 to maneuver around in that small area, in a way that isn't outright detrimental?
The place would be clogged up by wights and other knights in 5 seconds. 

They probably (and rightly so in my opinion) expected their infantry to do most the heavy lifting anyway.
Better to plan around the infantry holding a defensive formation, then rallying inside the keep, than to plan around heavy infantry that most likely wouldn't work (for a prolonged period of time) anyway.

We are talking about what-ifs. I don't care what they expected, whoever came up with their tactics was a complete imbecile.

Archived