Crasters babies

LadyBlackwater

51 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Likely yes, but they would all be dead now.

And it is wight, not white. I don't think the NK is racist and only surrounds himself with whites. ;)

Hahahahahahaha wow that was terrible I didn’t mean to do that! Thank you! Yes, definitely dead now lol I was just hoping that the showing of taking the babies and turning them into wights (nailed it) would have some point in the season. Oh well. Thanks for answering anyways!!!

They are not wights, or at least they are some kind of superior wight cause they can make wights themselves.  They are the White Walkers.

I don't think we should totally discount them from the show.  The original Night King story in the books is about a regeneration of Others after their defeat, in the same way Dan y birthing dragons is a regeneration story after dragons are seemingly extinct.  To rebirth a new origin Other, you likely just need someone with the right potent bloodline, an ice witch, some sacrifices and obsidian.  Not saying it's gonna happen, but we still need a pay off on the baby switch.  

There obviously is a story behind the Others in the books but it doesn't look like we'll see any of that on the show. They gave us some kind of "explanation" when they showed the children of the forest creating the Night King, and that's it. I guess the weirdness of the seasons won't be addressed either.

A big question that I have.

Sure, the wights would die when a wight walker is killed, because they are controlled puppets.

But why would the Wight Walkers be killed when the night king is killed? They were living babies before they were converted.

This is what happens when you have zero interest in writing a script.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, robasp2 said:

But why would the Wight Walkers be killed when the night king is killed? They were living babies before they were converted.

Well he still made them, as in he turned them from human babies into ice demons who can walk through fire and can't be killed by regular steel. They're not human anymore, and clearly were tapped into the same power as the NK, so when he shattered so did they.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:28 PM, Lady Barbrey said:

They are not wights, or at least they are some kind of superior wight cause they can make wights themselves.  They are the White Walkers.

I don't think we should totally discount them from the show.  The original Night King story in the books is about a regeneration of Others after their defeat, in the same way Dan y birthing dragons is a regeneration story after dragons are seemingly extinct.  To rebirth a new origin Other, you likely just need someone with the right potent bloodline, an ice witch, some sacrifices and obsidian.  Not saying it's gonna happen, but we still need a pay off on the baby switch.  

Which baby switch are you referring to here?

I think Craster's sons, like a lot else, was something the show introduced and then just forgot about it, never going back to it. Craster said he had 90 sons, but there were never that many White Walkers on-screen at any point, usually only a dozen. 

12 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

I think Craster's sons, like a lot else, was something the show introduced and then just forgot about it, never going back to it. Craster said he had 90 sons, but there were never that many White Walkers on-screen at any point, usually only a dozen. 

That’s my take as well. And wasn’t it 99? Cuz... it’s so more melodramatic and “meaningful”... “who will be the 100th?” Roll drum... and... nothing comes of any of it, of course! :lol:

Maybe there were only 10 or so left because when the Others (wink wink) saw the scripts for s8 they ran away. :

Archived