Potential relationship Sansa/Tyrion ?

26 minutes ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

Nothing is meaningless in this show. That was the most sincere interest Sansa has shown in a man since she had a crush on Sir Loris.

I guess Tyrion may finally listen to Poppa Tywin and father those "children named Lannister:.

I think for Sansa it is essential that she trusts a man before she would even consider a romantic or marital relationship.  And she is trusting Tyrion now much more than she ever did in King's Landing.  So...maybe.  Though I think that Tyrion's destiny, if he lives, is in the South and Sansa's is in the North.  We'll see...

I've thought for a long time that they would be a good couple, and would like to see them together. If they had the same political goals, they'd likely do very well. 

But some GOT Youtubers I watch suggested that Sansa is going to manipulate Tyrion, and planted the seeds there. 

Now, obviously, she realized they were all likely to die, but one of the lessons Littlefinger taught her was to prepare for any eventuality.

She might have been preparing for the possibility that they'd live, in which case her goal would remain independence for the North. 

I've also always thought they could make a good match of it if you exclude all eternal factors. In King's Landing this was obviously not possible. In the books, I haven't discounted them reuniting since their marriage is taken more seriously, but it was always a long shot to me. Right now I can't see this actually becoming a thing, but we don't know how all the pieces are going to land. Lady Sansa in the North and Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the Queen in the south - once the table is flipped, however - who knows.

To be clear - I don't think it's a love match, but more of a match of equals and partnership that could grow into deeper fondness. Perhaps love, but that's a ways off for them and beyond the scope of the near future.

58 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Sansa has learned to see beyond good looks and pretty words to the man beneath. As she says to him, he was the best of them all. 

Why is it important for Sansa to do this and not Tyrion (who at least in the books is ruthlessly dismissive of any woman who's not beautiful)?

Anyways, no I don't think it will happen.

Tyrion murders women he sleeps with. Women would be afraid to be with a man like that--they would fear for their lives. We know they softened Tyrion a lot on the show. This relationship is going nowhere. She was forcibly married to him against her will and she cant marry a Lannister and expect her people to be fine with it. I think these Theon, Tyrion scenes are to remind viewers of how unrealistic it is that Sansa has never been in love or been loved, meanwhile Dany is and thinks she has every man in the world falling for her.

4 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I know its most likely two people realizing this is the end for us and just holding hands/looking scared etc... but I got vibes when he kissed her hand like there was a little bit more there anyone else feeling this ?

I have a friend who is certain of this and was texting me non stop last night "Seeeeeee I told you about them, they will be together!". 

I don't buy it. BUT I also think in terms of "once the realm is secure how will the landscape by"? Such as, Sansa is the claim to Winterfell, Tyrion, very likely will be of Lannister and The Rock. I would be hard pressed to think that what likely would be the Warden of the West and Warden of the North would be united....it would essentially halve the kingdom in terms of ruling power under 1 person. 

I admit, this is not necessarily the best way to look at it. But there has to be a FEW people around to rebuild this place, so I look for what I perceive as possible matches that would help balance out the realm. 

29 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

I can see this. Especially how they were when they were hiding behind the crypt. I def. thought they were going to kiss. 

Bahahaha..what?!  Children are being ripped apart by the undead, people screaming....lets kiss?! 

3 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Bahahaha..what?!  Children are being ripped apart by the undead, people screaming....lets kiss?! 

Its romantic.....kind of.....in a SAW type of way.....

Tyrion said this in the books:  "I want her, he realized. I want Winterfell, yes, but I want her as well, child or woman or whatever she is. I want to comfort her. I want to hear her laugh. I want her to come to me willingly, to bring me her joys and her sorrows and her lust." -From Chapter 32

With those words, I believed that, at some point, Sansa would eventually come willingly to Tyrion and watching the S8 ep3. interaction between them,  I remembered what Tyrion said and thought maybe this is actually going to happen.  I would actually like this to develop but we'll see.  

1 minute ago, Lynn-Ann said:

Tyrion said this in the books:  "I want her, he realized. I want Winterfell, yes, but I want her as well, child or woman or whatever she is. I want to comfort her. I want to hear her laugh. I want her to come to me willingly, to bring me her joys and her sorrows and her lust." -From Chapter 32

With those words, I believed that, at some point, Sansa would eventually come willingly to Tyrion and watching the S8 ep3. interaction between them,  I remembered what Tyrion said and thought maybe this is actually going to happen.  I would actually like this to develop but we'll see.  

I don't think anyone questions TYRION'S willingness in this relationship.....

I am a Sansa/Tyrion shipper but I don't want them to end up together on the show. Mainly because the show will botch it so bad with sudden escalation with little to no build up. No gradual exchange of sentiment and two characters growing into each other. Just some witty flirtation remarks and before you know it BAM! sex scene. It's what they did with Jon/Dany (I was neutral about this ship until D & D made me hate it) and Gendry/Arya (I liked this ship, still do but how the show treated this ship is rushed and unnecessary and I'm saying that in a nice way) I'd rather have no ship than a bad ship, especially if it means Sansa suddenly being all apologetic and say - I don't know - that she should have let Tyrion consummate their marriage back then. Now that I think about it, I'm afraid that's how the show will deal with it. They do seem to excel at making our worst nightmares come true.

I read the interactions between Tyrion and Sansa as fuel for a future conflict between Sansa and Dany (and Dany and Tyrion). Dany would view any potential relationship between Tyrion and Sansa as a massive threat to Tyrion's loyalty to her, and without Jorah there to keep her grounded I worry about what that might mean. This feeling was compounded by Missandei's reaction to Sansa's "dragon queen" comment, which I have no doubt will make its way back to Dany.

Archived