Potential relationship Sansa/Tyrion ?

On 5/2/2019 at 5:03 AM, MinscS2 said:

While a minor point, this isn't entirely true.

Polliver and his men clearly had the intention of raping Arya in S4 (without knowing that she was Arya Stark, but still) if the Hound had traded her for some chickens (and a way to leave the Inn without violence.) 
You can even see Arya momentarily being afraid that he might just do that.

Rorge also threatened to fuck her bloody with a stick. 

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Sansa has always been a character that I've felt "meh" about. I've never really disliked her, nor liked her. I've felt bad for her however, and wanted for her to have a happier life than she had during S1-S6.

Starting with S7 however, I noticed a trend that is seemingly being continued now in S8: Sansa is not a nice person.
She only cares about herself (herself also being her family/house) and her interest in the north's independence seems to boil down to her (or her family) having the power over it, and not someone else, be it Daenerys or Cersei. 
The way she willingly sacrificed Rickon without even trying to save him, and almost Jon & Co as well because of her being too proud to go  back to LF and ask for aid further proves his. (She might've had even darker ambitions, i.e. making sure all the male members = potential threats to her being the wardeness/lady of winterfell was wiped out, but I'm not gonna go quite so far.)

Once you start thinking about it, there are many similarities between S7-S8 Sansa and Cersei.
A different poster also pointed out something interesting: When has Sansa done anything of note that can be considered altruism? I.e. something good just for the sake of it, without having any ulterior motives?
Even Daenerys has acted altruistic on at least one occasion when she freed the Yunkai-slaves. She had no need for them, they don't benefit her in any way (quite the opposite), but she fought for and freed them anyway because it was the "right thing" to do.

Lastly, I'm gonna quote myself from a different topic, regarding Sansa being "clever".

She saved ser Dontos. 

IMO, Tyrian and Sansa will rule as King and Queen of Westeros in the end.

They are the smartest of the bunch and would make the best rulers of the realm. Both Arya and Jon acknowledge how smart Sansa is.  And it would be a sweet twist that the timid flower vase who was betrothed to pretty boy evil future King Joffre in the first season ends up as the wise worldly queen married to an intelligent compassionate king in the finale.  As each season goes by, she has become more hardened and cunning when necessary, while remaining true to her family, friends and people.

Tyrian is smart. He has made mistakes, but he is smart enough to acknowledge his shortcomings and to learn.  Both Varys and Jorah recognize Tyrian's value to the inexperienced Daenerys.  In the end, rather than be the man behind the throne, I think it would best if he be one of the two to sit on it.  I could only bring myself to read about half of the first book.  However there was only one image from both the book and the show which stuck in my mind and that was about a small man casting a big shadow, and that is Tyrian.

Tyrian and Sansa certainly admire and respect each other's intelligence and kindness, and there are signs of genuine affection in this last episode.  I am reminded of the talk that Catlyn Stark had with her son Rob about her marriage with Ned.  She said she and Ned did not love each other at first but built a great marriage over time.

I believe Tyrian and Sansa are still legally married because their marriage although not consumated was never formally annulled.  Sansa's marriage to Ramsey was therefore legally invalid and their so-called consumation was just out and out rape.

And they are the only major pairing who i believe can still have children to continue a royal dynasty into the future. I accept at face value that Daenerys cannot bear children. She has had relations with Daario and Jon and so far the rabbit hasn't died, unless the writers want to pull a bunny out of their hat in the end.

Those with blood claims don't necessarily make the best king or queen e.g. Aerys II (bad), Joffre (badder), Cersie (baddest).  And even the best and strongest soldier can make for a bad ruler, e.g. King Robert Baratheon (too lazy), Regent Ned Stark (not smart enough) or King of the North Jon (dumb and loveable as a golden retriever).  IMO, the narrative seems to point towards a declaration by the people of who would make the best ruler(s) for the seven kingdoms. The precedent was set when bastard Jon Snow was declared king of the north in the past.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, MinscS2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tyrion hasn't slept with a woman since he married Sansa right?

He was indeed sleeping with Shea, and if we are going by the books he slept with a bed servant in Pentos. Then vomited near her and had her again. It would be interesting to see them end up together, if only to prove the point of how far Sansa has come since her early days. However, I agree with the above statements that it would create too sticky of a situation between Dany, Sansa and the North and I think those contentions will be saved for Dany and Jon/Aegon. If there were another season to come, maybe. 

20 hours ago, Mystical said:

Not really. As Sansa seemed to be the only one all Season who thought there would be an after. But their whole conversation made no sense whatsoever because it completely ignores what actually happened in earlier Seasons. So Sansa moving the pieces around for 'after the AotD fight' would at least be interesting. Not that I think that was actually what was happening.

Again, this part of the conversation also made no sense. Just like the rest of it. If they had Sansa say that a marriage to Tyrion wouldn't have worked because he always has divided loyalties, that's actually continuity and therefor a valid point. But it made no sense to mention Dany because she never would have been a factor in their marriage. Their marriage never would have worked for a hundred reasons, none of which have anything to do with Dany. So this was completely out of context and it completely ignored the history of these 2 characters. What she said simply made no sense and served no other purpose than making Sansa look like a bitch, something D&D specialize in.

Yes, I think it’s a shame we can’t anymore  judge a character’s intentions based on the script as it is rather inconsistent and rarely pays off what has been said or done. 

Sansa could really mean business aka thinking how to get Tyrion by her side or just be bad writing without any meaning behind it. 

If this were any other show, I'd be saying they were definitely endgame. You don't throw in impassioned hand kisses between characters with a lot of history with three episodes left to go unless it's going somewhere. Because it's GOT, that "somewhere" might be horrible betrayal, but usually this kind of thing means that the writers are trying to make an endgame pairing plausible late in the game.

And I also think that under the circumstances, there was no doubt that Sansa was sincere in her feelings. They both believed they were going to die. Sansa had no reason to manipulate Tyrion by stringing him along with comments calculated to get him to turn on Dany, because she genuinely thought she'd be dead soon. She believed she would be shortly killed by wights when she was making heart eyes at Tyrion. Why bother at that point unless she truly felt that way? No one's that committed to a bit, and as this episode reminded us with Tyrion and Sansa's silent conversation earlier in the episode when Sansa came down to the crypts and he read her expression--when Sansa tried to stayed stoic to prevent people from panicking but couldn't do so with Tyrion--Tyrion knows her too well for her to be able to play him that way, anyway. He can (and did, twice in this episode!) read her like a book. He knew everyone was screwed when she arrived in the crypt from the look on her face, and he knew she was proposing to go down fighting (rather than a suicide pact as Twitter fandom seemed to think).

I will never stop laughing if Sansa and Tyrion are endgame. I had to listen to SanSan shippers for years trying to write off the lack of SanSan in the show as D&D "saving the best for last" and claiming that once Sandor and Sansa reunited that they would have a passionate love affair. And in the first three episodes, Sandor and Sansa have had not a single interaction, while Sansa and Tyrion have had a huge moment with a long, heartfelt stare and a passionate, incredibly romantic hand kiss that puts any other romantic interaction in the show to shame (Jonerys and Braime could never).

So yeah, it looks like D&D may well have been saving the best for last, but it was Sansa/Tyrion all along, not SanSan. Ha!

On 5/1/2019 at 7:24 PM, Ice Queen said:

Sansa's been polite to everyone? Really? She scorned Jon because he was a bastard and went out of her way to point out that he was only a HALF brother. She looked down on Theon because he was just a hostage. She told Ayra she hated her. She was rotten to Septa Mordane. She cringed at the thought of marrying Willas Tyrell because of his crippled leg. She was revolted by Tyrion and the Hound. She denigrated Jeyne Poole for having crush on Beric because she was only a steward's daughter.

What women has Tyrion treated badly because of her looks? Penny? To say it was because of her looks is a real stretch. So back that up, please. 

You say there's nothing wrong with Sansa wanting a handsome man for a husband. But there's something wrong with Tyrion for wanting attractive women? Seriously? You're the one promoting the double standard here.

People, men and women both, like attractive members of whichever sex they're attracted to. It's been a fact of life since we climbed down from the trees and it's never going to change. It took Sansa a while to realize that all that glitters is not gold. It's part of growing up.

So let's leave the MeToo movement out of this. It has no place in this discussion.

Wow... she called him her *half* brother. How horrible! :rolleyes: She said something mean to Arya! *gasp* Jk that's what sisters do as kids (it's not like Arya never said mean stuff back). Sansa was a bit of a snob? So what? So are all the Stark kids at first (including Jon and Arya). Tyrion still hasn't gotten over being a snob as an adult.

You have major issues whenever Sansa thinks something even half-way not flattering about someone for a moment(even when she's being pressured to marry them). I wonder what you thought when Sansa tried to force herself to think of Tyrion as handsome on their wedding night? Did you think a forced child-bride, a prisoner of war, should be trying to do that? I think she should have been way madder.

There is nothing wrong with anyone (man or woman) wanting to be in a romantic relationship with someone they are attracted to.

I'm pointing out that Tyrion judges women (not just ones he's involved in romantic relationships with) by their looks far more than Sansa judges men for theirs. Off the top of my head, in addition to Penny... I can also think of lollys stokeworth. Can you think of any example of Tyrion respecting and treating well a woman he doesn't find attractive?

If you don't want to be called out on your double standards and issues with women/femininity, maybe don't be so obvious about them.

10 hours ago, Newstar said:

If this were any other show, I'd be saying they were definitely endgame. You don't throw in impassioned hand kisses between characters with a lot of history with three episodes left to go unless it's going somewhere. Because it's GOT, that "somewhere" might be horrible betrayal, but usually this kind of thing means that the writers are trying to make an endgame pairing plausible late in the game.

And I also think that under the circumstances, there was no doubt that Sansa was sincere in her feelings. They both believed they were going to die. Sansa had no reason to manipulate Tyrion by stringing him along with comments calculated to get him to turn on Dany, because she genuinely thought she'd be dead soon. She believed she would be shortly killed by wights when she was making heart eyes at Tyrion. Why bother at that point unless she truly felt that way? No one's that committed to a bit, and as this episode reminded us with Tyrion and Sansa's silent conversation earlier in the episode when Sansa came down to the crypts and he read her expression--when Sansa tried to stayed stoic to prevent people from panicking but couldn't do so with Tyrion--Tyrion knows her too well for her to be able to play him that way, anyway. He can (and did, twice in this episode!) read her like a book. He knew everyone was screwed when she arrived in the crypt from the look on her face, and he knew she was proposing to go down fighting (rather than a suicide pact as Twitter fandom seemed to think).

I will never stop laughing if Sansa and Tyrion are endgame. I had to listen to SanSan shippers for years trying to write off the lack of SanSan in the show as D&D "saving the best for last" and claiming that once Sandor and Sansa reunited that they would have a passionate love affair. And in the first three episodes, Sandor and Sansa have had not a single interaction, while Sansa and Tyrion have had a huge moment with a long, heartfelt stare and a passionate, incredibly romantic hand kiss that puts any other romantic interaction in the show to shame (Jonerys and Braime could never).

So yeah, it looks like D&D may well have been saving the best for last, but it was Sansa/Tyrion all along, not SanSan. Ha!

That kiss on the hand was not "romantic" at all.

12 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

That kiss on the hand was not "romantic" at all.

Lol. 

Jorah also kissed Dany's hand in 7x05, but hand kissing is totally not romantic. Gotcha.

One thing I know is that the reasons given in the episode for their incompatibility are silly. There's animosity between Northerners and Danny, but Sansa doesn't even know about Jon's parentage. And marriages are meant to reconcile such differences, anyway. If Jon becomes Warden of the North it would be good for the Stark family to be married to the someone who might become Warden of the West. 

10 hours ago, darmody said:

One thing I know is that the reasons given in the episode for their incompatibility are silly. There's animosity between Northerners and Danny, but Sansa doesn't even know about Jon's parentage. And marriages are meant to reconcile such differences, anyway. If Jon becomes Warden of the North it would be good for the Stark family to be married to the someone who might become Warden of the West. 

After Sansa was in the show forced to marry two enemies of her family, I can buy that lacking 100% loyalty to her and her alone would be a huge dealbreaker. It also makes a lot of sense to me that for TV Sansa, after everything she has been through, the only thing that truly matters to her in a husband anymore is absolute loyalty. 

I find it hilarious that most posters on these boards has taken it as gospel truth for years that Sansa would never ever ever in a million years want to be with Tyrion because he's a dwarf and a Lannister and too ugly for her and such, and it's now show canon that Sansa doesn't care about any of that anymore and only objects to his loyalty to Dany. Again, ha! 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

Nothing is meaningless in this show.

There's plenty that's meaningless.

Nothing is subtle in this show.

Yes, they're putting all the main characters into neat little "ships". Because of course they are.

20 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

There's plenty that's meaningless.

Nothing is subtle in this show.

Yes, they're putting all the main characters into neat little "ships". Because of course they are.

It costs far too much production money for wasted screen time. If it doesn't overtly contribute to the obvious storyline, then it subtly contributes. Everything means something because nothing on screen is wasted, even if its sole purpose is to arouse and entertain.  

Archived