Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Great Unwashed

Avengers Endgame- SPOILERS II

Haha me and my friend were talking about that. If you were snapped on a plane and then you come back...do you come back on the plane or like in the air where you snapped? People be falling from the sky.

So, I wasn’t a big fan of this one(not because it was a bad movie but because I knew it was the end for my favorite characters and I’m not ready to let them go)I thought this movie was well written and clever. I LOVED the focus on the original 6 Avengers. I liked the focus on their pain and loss. 

I didn’t like the 5yr time jump or anyone’s ending in this movie. I just thought some of the changes were jarring and I don’t like huge changes. I liked Captain Marvel’s haircut and that final battle is until Tony’s :-( is my favorite scene in a movie ever. 

Again this movie was great but it wasn’t for me. The first Avengers will always be my favorite or the bunch. 

Considering how all-powerful the stones are, seems pretty easy for Hulk to have wished for everyone who was snapped or who died as a result of the snap to come back. No idea if that's what he actually did though.

Also, I guess we have to assume that everyone at Peter Parker's school got snapped. Statistically that must've happened to at least one school in the world.

6 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

So, I wasn’t a big fan of this one(not because it was a bad movie but because I knew it was the end for my favorite characters and I’m not ready to let them go)I thought this movie was well written and clever. I LOVED the focus on the original 6 Avengers. I liked the focus on their pain and loss. 

I didn’t like the 5yr time jump or anyone’s ending in this movie. I just thought some of the changes were jarring and I don’t like huge changes. I liked Captain Marvel’s haircut and that final battle is until Tony’s :-( is my favorite scene in a movie ever. 

Again this movie was great but it wasn’t for me. The first Avengers will always be my favorite or the bunch. 

Part of the journey is the end.

18 minutes ago, Fez said:

Also, I guess we have to assume that everyone at Peter Parker's school got snapped. Statistically that must've happened to at least one school in the world.

Are all the extras from Homecoming returning, not just a handful of named characters?

Didn’t Terrence Howard drop out of Iron Man 2 because they offered him a revenue deal instead of a flat fee?  Got to be a bummer.

8 minutes ago, john said:

Didn’t Terrence Howard drop out of Iron Man 2 because they offered him a revenue deal instead of a flat fee?  Got to be a bummer.

I thought it was more to do with him being paid more than anyone else in the first film and that recasting him let them spend the money elsewhere. Ok some digging doesn't confirm he got paid more than RDJR in IM1 but that his salary was definitely cut in order to give RDJR more.

Did the Hulk Snap also revert the entire universe worth of Thanos' Snap? What about the planets that inevitably suffered a catastrophic war, wiping out every shred of sentient life in a terrifying wave of catastrophic WMD's? Did the Snapped sentient aliens and little cute fuzzy wuzzy pets of theirs just poof back onto their flaming shell of a dead world? How about the planets, which through the wonders of random population halving, witnessed a majority of the terrorists/evil folk/people that man-spread on subways get wiped out, causing their civilization to flourish to wonderful heights in that five years? Now, poof, all the douchebags are back, sucks to be y'all!

The more you think about the absurdity of Snapping back everything after a gap, the more impossibilities pop up. I agree with what many have said, that they'll probably sweep it all away in 5 minutes of Far From Home with a "People came back and we're better now! Oh yeah some people are older but shh, it's fine, moving along! Hey look, aren't Tom Holland and Zendaya just adorbs?!"

It's rather interesting that these two major nerd-culture events within days of each-other brought two major franchises to a triumphant finale, but ended up both just making less and less sense the more you try to figure them out. Ah, well. Hollywood!

26 minutes ago, red snow said:

I thought it was more to do with him being paid more than anyone else in the first film and that recasting him let them spend the money elsewhere. Ok some digging doesn't confirm he got paid more than RDJR in IM1 but that his salary was definitely cut in order to give RDJR more.

Years of drug abuse really paid off for RDJ if that’s the reason he started off on a low fee and negotiated up.  But reading some of these articles about how much money he’s making, it’s also incredible how profitable he is for Marvel.  Up until Black Panther and Captain Marvel, almost everything he was in was just bigger box office than everything he wasn’t in.  Homecoming made more than Winter Soldier, Strange or Ragnarok

50 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

The more you think about the absurdity of Snapping back everything after a gap, the more impossibilities pop up.

The dangers of overthinking.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

The constant attacks against Brie Larson is so disgusting. I loved Captain Marvel and was excited to see her movies and the character  hopefully improve in the future, but I’m to the point where I wish Brie would quit the MCU. 

Im so sick of the misogyny and internalized misogyny regarding this character. The body shaming and hate videos for clicks is horrible. I’m just sick of it so much. 

I think I get what you're trying to say and I'm not interpreting what you said in a negative light, but you realise that even if Brie quit as a "you guys don't deserve me" move then it just means that the sexist assholes win and will double down in the future right?

6 minutes ago, karaddin said:

you realise that even if Brie quit as a "you guys don't deserve me" move then it just means that the sexist assholes win and will double down in the future right?

Yuup.  Much better to say fuck off and make a bunch of money.

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Haha me and my friend were talking about that. If you were snapped on a plane and then you come back...do you come back on the plane or like in the air where you snapped? People be falling from the sky.

It was pointed out in the previous thread that the earth moves ... so obviously the second snap accounted for things like that, as otherwise everyone would be stuck in space.  

7 hours ago, Fez said:

..... Also, I guess we have to assume that everyone at Peter Parker's school got snapped. Statistically that must've happened to at least one school in the world.

Why? If half his class has changed due to the Snap (so half are now in Uni, half were 5 years behind originally), does it matter?  It's really only 4-5 key kids who had to also be snapped for the movies.  

That Hawkeye's family and everyone of the GOTG beside Rocket got snapped, it is not too much of a stretch that Peter and his group got snapped out.

I do want little more on the galatic implications of Thanos's action even now it is reversed.  I mean it is probable a whole planet got wiped out while one was not affected at all.

It will be interesting for those who got snapped were the older sibling and are now the younger one.

I thought the endings for Iron Man and Captain America were very well done overall. I will like if Thor is in a good amount of the next GOTG but split off from them. Will love if they are willing to give another Solo Hulk a go with his current form and explore it some more. Kind of wait and see on Hawkeye since it appears it will be a DP series. Do not want him to just be a mentor to his daughter and explore what the five years and Natasha's sacrifice affects on him. Finally, I get people thought Black Widow got short shrift with mourning her death, though I think her character did not lead to her much of circle of family and friends. I really do not need the Black Widow movie to be a full prequel and think something within the five year gap will work. Do not have very deep comic knowledge, read that there is another Black Widow (Blonde apparantly) and something on training a protege that will continue on can be a great send off for her.

1 hour ago, ants said:

Why? If half his class has changed due to the Snap (so half are now in Uni, half were 5 years behind originally), does it matter?  It's really only 4-5 key kids who had to also be snapped for the movies.

I'm pretty sure anytime I was under fellowship, I was effectively "snapped."  That's the great thing about grad school - you can snap for awhile and it will still count as progress.

1 hour ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

That Hawkeye's family and everyone of the GOTG beside Rocket got snapped, it is not too much of a stretch that Peter and his group got snapped out.

I do want little more on the galatic implications of Thanos's action even now it is reversed.  I mean it is probable a whole planet got wiped out while one was not affected at all.

It will be interesting for those who got snapped were the older sibling and are now the younger one.

I thought the endings for Iron Man and Captain America were very well done overall. I will like if Thor is in a good amount of the next GOTG but split off from them. Will love if they are willing to give another Solo Hulk a go with his current form and explore it some more. Kind of wait and see on Hawkeye since it appears it will be a DP series. Do not want him to just be a mentor to his daughter and explore what the five years and Natasha's sacrifice affects on him. Finally, I get people thought Black Widow got short shrift with mourning her death, though I think her character did not lead to her much of circle of family and friends. I really do not need the Black Widow movie to be a full prequel and think something within the five year gap will work. Do not have very deep comic knowledge, read that there is another Black Widow (Blonde apparantly) and something on training a protege that will continue on can be a great send off for her.

Hulk is getting a TV show with She Hulk. Marvel won't make solo Hulk films cause Universal has the distribution rights or some bullshit.

9 hours ago, Fez said:

I don't think statistics has your back on that. If a high school has 500 students on average (which is actually an underestimate), then the odds that every single one got snapped (or didn't get snapped) is 0.5^500, or 3x10^-151. It's almost completely impossible for that to have happened.