Dothraki and Unsullied

darmody

15 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It did look cool.  I give them that.  But, sacrificing logic and the entire Dothraki people for a cool shot is bad writing. 

I also thought that Mel's role was cool, even though, again, a little dialogue would have gone a long way. 

Jorah has never met her, has he? So, some crazy woman rolls up out of nowhere and demands to touch the Dothraki, right before the battle?  Hmm, seems dodgy, maybe ask a couple of questions there, but Jorah is just okay, same with the Dothraki dude, not even a 2 line exchange where she can throw around some  Essos mythos that the Dothraki will respond to, nope, nothing.  Then, the stupid fire pit won't light and Grey Worm just FUCKING LOOKS AT HER, and he knows...and out she goes surrounded by Unsullied, which again, looked cool, but is not remotely realistic.  And I can forgive some of this, but when it ends up a giant mountain of implausibility on top of implausibility on top of story destroying decisions. . Yeah, naw, hate watching it is for the final 3

:agree:

15 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It would also have been nice if in the 2 pre battle episodes we got a short scene with the Dothraki out in their tents, maybe talking about their own culture's take on the NK mythology or a Dosh Khaleen or something, to remind us that these people have a specific set of attitudes toward war and battle....  It could have been done in 3 minutes.  It might even have have given a little bit of context for the suicide charge.

I would say the same should have been done for the Unsullied but they really are a faceless robot army, so GW is all that is needed there I guess.

Good points.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Actually all they had to do was throw a dragon glass tipped spear at the giant, or use a dragon glass tipped arrow and he dies.

Same with the NK, Arya's little demonstration of knife throwing could have been foreshadowing if she had done it to kill the NK. Throw the dagger at him from behind  and it's over.

Infinitely preferable.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:27 AM, Runaway Penguin said:

It was a brilliant plan devised by General Ser Anthon Sesil Hogmaney of house Melchett.

Like the Charge of the Light Brigade, it was a victory for common sense.

10 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

The plan was outlined in episode 2.

Statement was more a joke but the plan (a table showing positions and putting Bran in the Godswood with 20 Ironborn to protect him) was also a joke.

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Actually all they had to do was throw a dragon glass tipped spear at the giant, or use a dragon glass tipped arrow and he dies.

The giant had 2 arrows in him when he picked up Lyanna.  They were stuck in his 'coat'.  So archers were shooting at it.  A spear may have the same issue.  Plus, the people on hand were the Bear Islanders.  Who had no spears.

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Same with the NK, Arya's little demonstration of knife throwing could have been foreshadowing if she had done it to kill the NK. Throw the dagger at him from behind  and it's over.

Arya may use this skill later.  We don't know that yet.

12 hours ago, King Perkis said:

Statement was more a joke but the plan (a table showing positions and putting Bran in the Godswood with 20 Ironborn to protect him) was also a joke.

Ah.  I missed the joke.  :blush: 

The plan did work though - Dany got a good blast of dragonfire on the NK.  That was the plan. 

Archived