Flashback R+L=J

Nami

1 hour ago, longest night said:

At this point, who cares? The main reason for R+L=J to exist was the fact he was the prince that was promised.

yeah, but now they're gonna use that for the right of succession to the throne drama

I think you're all totally underestimating the threat from Cersei.
There's been a lot of misdirection, with viewers being led to believe that the real big threat was coming from the North. (In spite of the fact that the Night King doesn't even exist in the books)
I think Cersei will turn out to be the bigger threat of the two, and thats why she's been left til last. The army of the dead was just a warm up for the explosive ending.

Jon can still be the Prince that Was Promised.
Prophecy says the PTWP has a song... a song of Ice and Fire...
The ice was the threat to the North... the fire is the threat to the South, in the form of Wildfire most likely... (and an outside chance that Dany will go full-on Mad Queen in her increasing lust for the throne to represent the dragonfire he has to defeat... but maybe its a combo of both...)
The 'song of ice and fire' isn't his lineage, or genetics... its the threats that he brings people through, and how he will be remembered... All Westerosi history is written about, and sung about... and his history will be written/sung about as one of Ice and Fire.

22 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Agreed, D&D really missed the point R+L=J

Do you have a book as a source material, that they did miss the point though? Or did they just missed the fan theories? Because as someone who has read the books several times, I don't know if they missed the point. Why? Because there is nothing in the books up until now, that makes me think that way. There is no NK in the books (yet), and even if there is a leader of the Others, the prophecy of neither PtwP nor Azor Ahai nor the Last Hero states a damn that he will kill this guy. 

Azor Ahai prophecy: 

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

The PtwP:

We know from the woods witch that he will be born from the direct line from Aerys II and Rhaella. But we have no idea what he is gonna do specifically. If you know it, please post the source material, because as a many time reader, I can only speculate up until now. 

The Last Hero:

His story is told from Old Naan in the books. She doesn't finish the story as far as I know. Again, no Idea what he has done, and if he will be reborn and if so what he will do.

Is Arya one of those people? She definitively is not tPtwP since she is not born from the line of Aerys II and Rhaella. She is not Azor Ahai (yet) in the books, because the prophecy doesn't point out anything up until now from her journey. Last Hero? That is off the books, since we don't know much about this guy, do we?

But all of this doesn't matter. Because non of any of these stories or prophecies are specific. None of these are manuals what the said person will do specifically. Also knowing GRRM way of telling prophecies, there won't be a final saviour of his story. He states that in every interview that he gives. He doesn't like the story of the hero who saves the day. Therefore, you won't have the books ending with one guy being Azor Ahai and killing the Others. You won't have the books ending with someone saying "Look, it's Azor Ahai". The prophecies are vague, and they will stay vague even after the book series ends. Even after reading the end of ADOS, you won't know if the prophecies came true, or to whom they are refering to. There will be double meanings to it, and multiple characters could be fitting this prophecy.

In the show, since they introduced the NK, someone had to kill him. And they didn't wanted it to be Jon or Daenerys, since that would be (for the show) too much of a cliché. It is that simple actually.

2 hours ago, T and A said:

And they didn't wanted it to be Jon or  Daenerys, since that would be (for the show) too much of a cliché. It is that simple actually.

Am I the only one that finds this, ironic ? Considering Arya is the one that has the most important kills of them all. COMBINED. LMFAO.

This subject is closed as far as Jon goes, I think. The only questions will be if/when outsiders, like Cersei, dispute it. 

Obviously, we know there is proof though.

38 minutes ago, Wik said:

This subject is closed as far as Jon goes, I think. The only questions will be if/when outsiders, like Cersei, dispute it. 

Obviously, we know there is proof though.

It should be disputed. I dont think Dany or Tryion would be wrong to be like they may have loved each other but their marriage is not valid. "Sorry Jon you are still a bastard but I am glad you know who your mom is."

1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

It should be disputed. I dont think Dany or Tryion would be wrong to be like they may have loved each other but their marriage is not valid. "Sorry Jon you are still a bastard but I am glad you know who your mom is."

Ya, if everyone (except Cersei) was like "Oh ya ok cool, np, you're a Targ and heir" I would scratch my head......

1 minute ago, Wik said:

Ya, if everyone (except Cersei) was like "Oh ya ok cool, np, you're a Targ and heir" I would scratch my head......

Not to mention he gave up his claim when he became a brother of the night's watch and he bent the knee. There should be no conflict between him and Dany except for him not wanting to do his aunt. 

2 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Not to mention he gave up his claim when he became a brother of the night's watch and he bent the knee. There should be no conflict between him and Dany except for him not wanting to do his aunt. 

Well, if he starts getting stingy with the D all of a sudden, she might act up......

Archived