If Jesus Christ was as dependable as r'hillor I would be a Christian.

Fox Mulder

Well, I really like the interpretation of the Many-faced god. All different religions are really just a variety of lores, pictures and imaginations. There is only Death. There are NO GODS, just Life and Death. 

The difference in our phantasy world, however, is that MAGIC EXISTS. Magic really happens, like shadow birth, resurrections, flaming swords, setting arakhs ablaze, dragons are fire made flesh, the White Walkers, raising the dead, visions in fire, prophecies and so on. 

I am very sure all of this Melisandre plot is not meant as proof for the Lord of Light as opposed to other gods, it just means that magic exists. And it does in Game of Thrones.

To your initial posting: If something works out, you don't have to believe, so know and see. Religions suck because they don't deliver. No offense meant.

10 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Jesus is God. Part of the trinity that is God. It’s crazy that people know more about R’hllor than Jesus. Lol

Probably because ASOIAF/GoT is actually interesting to me.  xD

I don't know shit about Jesus because I'm 22, and the last time I thought about Jesus was about 9 years ago in school, and I barely remember any of the important things I learnt in school. 

9 hours ago, Fox Mulder said:

Seriously ladies and gentlemen props to the fire god he always comes through!

No offense to Christians same goes for any earth religion if they were this consistent.

I would still refuse. 

2 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Jesus is God. Part of the trinity that is God. It’s crazy that people know more about R’hllor than Jesus. Lol

Both are stories. Fantasy stories. Just one is more interesting than the other.

31 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

I’m not here to argue religion. I will, however, argue that one of the stories is over 2000 years old and the other is, what, 20? It’s funny that some of you have figurative theses on ASOFAI and remedial knowledge of Christianity.

2 hours ago, Nakraal said:

And another big version of the 2000 old story was rendered 600 years later. Who knows how long GoT will live.

1 hour ago, Tianzi said:

But I guess the show's equivalent of Christianity was the faith of the Seven.

Pretty much.

The Faith of the Seven are seven aspects (Father, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Warrior, Smith, Stranger) of the same, one god, just as in Christianity, the holy trinity are three aspects (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) of the same, one god.

Coincidentally, both religions seems to be pure poppycock.
We've seen (potential) acts of faith/magic from other deities in Planetos, but we've yet to see The Seven actually do ...well...anything.

9 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

I’m not here to argue religion. I will, however, argue that one of the stories is over 2000 years old and the other is, what, 20? It’s funny that some of you have figurative theses on ASOFAI and remedial knowledge of Christianity.

As I said, some people find one story more interesting than the other. The cosmogony of the Greek mythology is even older. Does one have to know it better than let's say the cosmology of Lord of the Rings? Does this mean for you that he is flawed? Or in any case more flawed?

9 hours ago, Nakraal said:

As I said, some people find one story more interesting than the other. The cosmogony of the Greek mythology is even older. Does one have to know it better than let's say the cosmology of Lord of the Rings? Does this mean for you that he is flawed? Or in any case more flawed?

I don’t even understand the question. Do you use words like cosmogony all the time? I had to google it. Lol. You don’t have to be a scholar in Ancient Greek mythology to understand the basics of Christianity assuming you are not living in Communist China. I would guess you have been exposed to the religion if you have been exposed to LOTR and ASOIAF. There are far more Christians in the Western world than GOT fans. To not understand the fundamental concept of the trinity of God and to have doctorate level expertise of ASOIAF is what I find puzzling. Despite yours and others insisting that all religion is fake and foolish, Christianity is alive and practiced by millions in the real world right this very instance. It is not a dead religion like the gods of Olympus, or Rome. It does not require study of ancient text to understand. Just a simple conversation with your neighbor would suffice. I’m sorry for sounding critical, but it may be time to explore the world outside of GOT for some just to gain a bit of perspective. 

19 hours ago, Nakraal said:

I would argue that one has a much more interesting beginning and first couple of acts, but the other has a far superior ending. I'll take Revelations as some dope dark fantasy over the crap GoTs has turned into any day of the week.

2 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

I don’t even understand the question. Do you use words like cosmogony all the time? I had to google it. Lol. You don’t have to be a scholar in Ancient Greek mythology to understand the basics of Christianity assuming you are not living in Communist China. I would guess you have been exposed to the religion if you have been exposed to LOTR and ASOIAF. There are far more Christians in the Western world than GOT fans. To not understand the fundamental concept of the trinity of God and to have doctorate level expertise of ASOIAF is what I find puzzling. Despite yours and others insisting that all religion is fake and foolish, Christianity is alive and practiced by millions in the real world right this very instance. It is not a dead religion like the gods of Olympus, or Rome. It does not require study of ancient text to understand. Just a simple conversation with your neighbor would suffice. I’m sorry for sounding critical, but it may be time to explore the world outside of GOT for some just to gain a bit of perspective. 

Ah, I thought you weren't here to argue religion.

Regarding the rest:

I am not arguing that most people in the Western civilization know more about Asoiaf lore than christian lore.

I am arguing that you shouldn't have a problem with people in the Western civilization because they know more about Asoiaf lore than christian lore.

Archived