GOT Podcasts for Deep-Dive Book Readers?

Spaßvogel

Are there any podcasts out there that cover GoT (The Show) but with hosts who are actually well versed in the books and lore?  I have been stuck on some long drives recently and tried a couple GoT podcasts out, but the hosts either had never read the books or spent a good amount of time openly mocking the books.  Of the four I've tried out so far (they were all on Stitcher, btw) the hosts seemed to be primarily fawning sycophants which made for tough listening because they could find no wrong or even worse, wished that the show had gone even further in the wrong direction. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for all the replies.  I will give each a try.  I tend to listen to lots of podcasts during commutes. 

The ones I tried so far were:  Cast of Kings (I was familiar with both hosts from their other media, but ultimately found their discussions unfulfilling.  The Variety author seems unwilling to jeopardize her access to cast and crew and Dave Chen has never read the books).  Second was Podcast Winterfell which had zero book content in the episode I listened to and two hosts who could find no wrong.   Everything was the best and greatest ever.  Sigh.  The other two I'm not even going to mention because I don't want to chance driving any traffic their way.  They were that bad.  Stitcher even had a whole category just for "Winter Is Here" shows. 

2 hours ago, Spaßvogel said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I will give each a try.  I tend to listen to lots of podcasts during commutes. 

The ones I tried so far were:  Cast of Kings (I was familiar with both hosts from their other media, but ultimately found their discussions unfulfilling.  The Variety author seems unwilling to jeopardize her access to cast and crew and Dave Chen has never read the books).  Second was Podcast Winterfell which had zero book content in the episode I listened to and two hosts who could find no wrong.   Everything was the best and greatest ever.  Sigh.  The other two I'm not even going to mention because I don't want to chance driving any traffic their way.  They were that bad.  Stitcher even had a whole category just for "Winter Is Here" shows. 

Besides those mentioned, try Not a Podcast.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

A Podcast of Ice and Fire, they've been around for a while and they aren't sycophants. 

Another one I liked.  Not sure why I hadn't listened before.  I was aware of that one from this forum, but somehow it slipped through the memory holes. 

Archived