Speculation for fun: How will Arya be rewarded?

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yes, marry him. I'm not sure whether marriage does matter to her, and I agree no would be able to or even want to force her into a marriage. But marriage is important in their society, so it would make things easier for them. 

*shrug* We'll see. 

I suppose. It just doesn't seem very Arya to me, and it feels very fairy tale. 

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a reach, but I think Arya will be rewarded with becoming Commander of the Northern forces.

What do I base this on? The direwolves.

I believe that each of the Starks are destined to become the names of their direwolves.  In the case of Arya, she has named her direwolf Nymeria.  Nymeria was well known for commanding her armies on the battlefield.  (I won't get into the other direwolves names and Stark's fate as that would be off-topic, but I feel like each direwolf's name will fit with each Stark's destiny.) 

I doubt she cares for reward... I doubt it'll even cross Danaerys mind to treat her differently than anyone else who was busy sticking dead wights with the pointy end, and giving their lives in the process...
She happened to be the one to land the final death blow, but it was hardly a singlehanded defeat. Without everyone else's input, especially those that died helping her, she'd have died like Lyanna Mormont... probably by the same giant. 

I think the biggest reward for her will be the people she admires looking at her like she's the most badass thing they've ever seen. Especially Jon who seems to still have no clue of the extent of her skills... Maybe he'll involve her more in the strategy planning to take out Cersei... and Sansa too, who after her speech in the Crypt about being useless I suspect will play a big role proving otherwise... she seems to know Cersei possibly better than anyone

4 hours ago, Figdoni said:

She happened to be the one to land the final death blow, but it was hardly a singlehanded defeat. Without everyone else's input, especially those that died helping her, she'd have died like Lyanna Mormont... probably by the same giant.

If she did not land the final blow - and let's not pretend there were any meaningful blows before it, Dracarys did f all except make NK smile - when she did, they would all including Dany and both Lyannas be marching South. Of course Jon wouldn't be because he would be pile of ash.

People play down the fact that while it was stupid from the writers to have her save the day literally at the last second, that is what she did.

Also, while I agree with apparently everyone that she won't be asking for a reward, I am quite perplexed with the concensus that she doesn't merit one, or that "Gendry" or "family" are her rewards. Apparently I seem to view this thing quite differently from everyone else.

28 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Also, while I agree with apparently everyone that she won't be asking for a reward, I am quite perplexed with the concensus that she doesn't merit one, or that "Gendry" or "family" are her rewards. Apparently I seem to view this thing quite differently from everyone else.

Once Arya finds out that she is pregnant to Gendry, her hormones dictate the rest. She starts nesting. It will be all about the family. Men often underestimate the power of women's hormonal changes. ;) 

We shouldn't see the effects quite yet, unless it will be months before they attack Cersei. 

18 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a reach, but I think Arya will be rewarded with becoming Commander of the Northern forces.

I believe that each of the Starks are destined to become the names of their direwolves.  In the case of Arya, she has named her direwolf Nymeria.  Nymeria was well known for commanding her armies on the battlefield.  (I won't get into the other direwolves names and Stark's fate as that would be off-topic, but I feel like each direwolf's name will fit with each Stark's destiny.) 

Well they all already hasve to an extent but what does Rickons mean, hes a messy little animal?

18 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

Actually, Nymeria is best known as a queen who led a bunch of refugees to new lands.

If Nymeria's name foreshadows anything it is that Arya will become queen of the strays, ie, all the leaderless people needing a new home because theirs has been destroyed.

1 hour ago, chatty83 said:

Well they all already hasve to an extent but what does Rickons mean, hes a messy little animal?

Haha!

A shaggy dog is a term used when there's no resolution - essentially a meaningless story.  From Wikipedia: "A shaggy dog story is an extremely long-winded anecdote characterized by extensive narration of typically irrelevant incidents and terminated by an anticlimax."  This is Rickon.

1 hour ago, Hippocras said:

Actually, Nymeria is best known as a queen who led a bunch of refugees to new lands.

If Nymeria's name foreshadows anything it is that Arya will become queen of the strays, ie, all the leaderless people needing a new home because theirs has been destroyed.

I read a theory very similar to this on how it ends and its was probably more disappointing than The Long Night.

Archived