Speculation for fun: How will Arya be rewarded?

7 minutes ago, A Time for Starks said:

Haha!

A shaggy dog is a term used when there's no resolution - essentially a meaningless story.  From Wikipedia: "A shaggy dog story is an extremely long-winded anecdote characterized by extensive narration of typically irrelevant incidents and terminated by an anticlimax."  This is Rickon.

thats also the last two books!

Why would she be rewarded? In this show, it’s likely that nobody will even know Arya killed the night king. His fall will be quietly accepted without questions or discussion because we have more important things to worry about: Cersei. 

2 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Actually, Nymeria is best known as a queen who led a bunch of refugees to new lands.

If Nymeria's name foreshadows anything it is that Arya will become queen of the strays, ie, all the leaderless people needing a new home because theirs has been destroyed.

This is certainly true of Nymeria as well.

Do you buy the Direwolf = Stark destiny theory?  I ask because I wonder what your thoughts are on how this aspect (Nymeria leading refugees to foreign lands) would fit into Arya's story with only three episodes remaining?  Perhaps it plays into Arya asking "What's west of Westeros?"

29 minutes ago, A Time for Starks said:

Do you buy the Direwolf = Stark destiny theory?  I ask because I wonder what your thoughts are on how this aspect (Nymeria leading refugees to foreign lands) would fit into Arya's story with only three episodes remaining?  Perhaps it plays into Arya asking "What's west of Westeros?"

I have a very large number of conflicting theories in my head that would be satisfying ends done right, and I am generally content to sit back and wait to find out which ones if any come true. Arya becoming a queen of the strays is certainly one of them and frankly preferable for me to the notion of Jon becoming King and living happily ever after hurrah hurrah. Jon is of course very heroic, but has generally shown himself to be a fairly shitty king.

42 minutes ago, A Time for Starks said:

Do they still consider Earth flat?

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I think my main reason I want Arya to get with Gendry is that I want her to find some peace, after all she has been through. I honestly think she could get that from Gendry, someone she was always in love with. 

In Winterfell? Gendry has a nice smithery up and running. 

1 hour ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

In Winterfell? Gendry has a nice smithery up and running. 

In Winterfell. The North has been devastated, and Winterfell needs to be rebuilt. There's going to be work to do. And Arya had offered this to him all those years ago. 

The main reason he didn't accept her offer, is because there's no way her family would have allowed their friendship to continue, let alone turn into something else. That's not going to matter anymore. Now they can have a relationship. 

And I think Gendry has this on his mind. When he came to give her her weapon, he started talking about her offer and seemed to have more to say. 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:29 AM, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Disclaimer: There are so many big topics, as in the size of the whole series big. Why this and why that and omg 7 seasons of build up for - that? This is not it. This is just a light hearted topic and hopefully some fun speculation, but please stay on topic - as in Arya's reward for killing the NK only - and also don't make it a joke, please.

First of all there is the question if Arya's deed will be acknowledged. I think they will be, but who knows with this show.

Will she get a castle of her own? There are several vacancies around the North right now ;)

At the very least, I think we will see a "Arise, Ser Arya Stark - Knight of the Seven Kingdoms". Brienne just set an example and Dany will have no problem knighting a woman.

It's not the female thing for me, not at all. But, say what you want about Brienne, she was trained, from the time she could walk, to basically be a knight. She went nearly her entire life and just now is being knighted and lets face it, it wasn't because the realm had some overwhelming desire to do so because she is/was so renown. It was because of her personal relationship with Jaime. 

Arya has never undergone training that any knight would "recognize" as such. We all know what she has done but pick any famed knight right now...none of them know about that stuff and so alot of them can chalk up what she did, even if it is acknowledged and commonly accepted, as an accidental moment of success lol.

I think she will have land a title but I think it will be through pretty normal/typical means, not specifically as a reward for icing the NK. I just can't see her being a knight either. I don't know that the title would even mean that much to her. Through all of her training, she has never been and still does not fight, think or act like a knight. It just wouldn't fit. 

For these reasons, I believe it will happen :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know this will never happen in the show, because angry mobs with pitchforks and torches will storm HBO headquarters, but wouldn't there be some part of the Faceless Men that wants Arya dead? Or are we supposed to buy the fact that because she killed the Waif, the FM are like, "OK, that's cool...you're free to go."?

So is it possible that this WTF moment that everyone is talking about is that Arya completes her "kill list" and then is assassinated by the FM? And just for continuity sake, the FM would peel off his face, and it would be Jaqen H'ghar.

Boy, would that set the Internet on fire! :)

I would like Arya and Gendry to stay together if he lives til the end. But I agree she doesn't really care about being a Lady and a husband, and would want to stay in Winterfell than become Gendry Baratheon's Lady of Stormend.

Despite all that Gendry doesn't need to be legitimized to get Stormsend. The 1st baratheon was Aegon's bastard brother and he just adopted Durrandon's words and sigil. Theortically Gendry could get the same... but that only really works if he and Arya don't stay together in the end, as I'm fairly certain both Arya and Sansa will stay in the North once the series is done. They will keep their wolf pack as together as possible. I'm not sure if Jon or Bran will stay(live) by the end but those sisters are sticking together now!

A little more on topic. I'm not sure Arya wants a reward, or that she will tell everyone what exactly happened. Arya and Bran are the only ones to see her kill the NK. Does everyone else need to know who did the deed?

16 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Well that would be super sad, if Gendry gets Stormsend and asks Arya to marry him, since now they're both nobles, but she just says sorry, that's not me. 

It would be. I think Gendry would stay in Winterfell with Arya actually. I was meerly pointing out he can have Stormsend without being legitimized. I'm torn on how the show would handle that because Robert already has a known bastard at Stormsend (and his name won't come into my head atm) but I see him getting Stormsend in books. However he's cut from the show, so does Gendry get his end? Probably not. I think D&D will just skip who gets Stormsend and Gendry and Arya will live happily(ish) in sin at Winterfell. After all she never wanted marriage, but a meaningful relationship is a complete different story

34 minutes ago, north of the wall said:

It would be. I think Gendry would stay in Winterfell with Arya actually. I was meerly pointing out he can have Stormsend without being legitimized. I'm torn on how the show would handle that because Robert already has a known bastard at Stormsend (and his name won't come into my head atm) but I see him getting Stormsend in books. However he's cut from the show, so does Gendry get his end? Probably not. I think D&D will just skip who gets Stormsend and Gendry and Arya will live happily(ish) in sin at Winterfell. After all she never wanted marriage, but a meaningful relationship is a complete different story

Kid is Edric Storm, and they did more or less combine his story with Gendry's. 

I guess I don't understand why people say Arya wouldn't want to be married. It's not like she'd be required to just sit around, cook, knit and wait for Gendry to get home from the forge. Gendry wouldn't want her to do that anyways. She could become Winterfell's master of arms or do the hard parts of keeping the peace in North, which Sansa can't do. 

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Kid is Edric Storm, and they did more or less combine his story with Gendry's. 

I guess I don't understand why people say Arya wouldn't want to be married. It's not like she'd be required to just sit around, cook, knit and wait for Gendry to get home from the forge. Gendry wouldn't want her to do that anyways. She could become Winterfell's master of arms or do the hard parts of keeping the peace in North, which Sansa can't do. 

Eric Storm! Thanks... yeah I Think Edric Storm get the Storm lands, and even though they did combine Gendry with him, I just think who rules over anywhere but the main areas we've seen isn't a big issue in show, so I hope Gendry will get his book ending rather than Edric's if that makes sense.

Arya and Gendry could get married. I wouldn't care either way really, but it can't all end badly so I hope Arya and Gendry get a happyish ending regardless. Of course he could die in the battle against Cersei and whether they end up together could be null and void. I will wait and see and hope he doesn't 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Why would she be rewarded? In this show, it’s likely that nobody will even know Arya killed the night king. His fall will be quietly accepted without questions or discussion because we have more important things to worry about: Cersei. 

Reading this, I just pictured the scene...
Danaerys: "So... what happened? Who killed the Night King?"
Bran: "We don't have time for this... Cersei is about to set Kings Landing on Fire" :D

There's no-one else to big the deed up. Arya has spent so much time being 'no-one' and blending in as an assassin, her shadow has probably even disappeared by now. Drawing attention to herself isn't her way. Bran is monotone about everything, so unlikely to say much more than "Arya did it" *long stare*  :wideeyed:

And Dany is gonna be swift to turn her attention to Kings Landing. She didn't view the battle against the dead as 'her battle'. Even when talking to Sansa, she talked about her decision in terms of doing it for Jon.. rather than because it was such an obvious imperative... Y'know like, there'll no seven kingdoms for her to rule if she doesn't... but no, Dany was still considering it a temporary distraction and delay from her main goal.

The only person who's likely to think she deserves reward would be Jon, as he's the one who always took the threat from the North seriously... but he's not King of the North, not a Lord.. he's 'nothing at all' as Lyanna Mormont described him.

If he could, would he make her a knight? A commander of the kingsguard? a wife to Gendry?
I think she'd say "thats not me" to all of those. And a reward is only a reward if the person wants it.
She'd be better suited to using her assassin skills in service to the realm... as a lone wolf deliverer of justice, as opposed to an assassin for hire which stopped her from committing to the faceless men, as she needs her targets to 'deserve' it.

19 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Arya's boiled leather plot armor pales in comparison of Tyrion's full adamantium plate with imaginarium coating ;)

And Tyrions full adamantium plate with imaginarium coating pales in comparison to Sam's ...whatever he has.

Seriously, that guy should've been killed by the AotD S2. 

I can only assume that Sam really is a wizard at this point.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:34 AM, Anthony Pirtle said:

Gendry's only a bastard as long as the throne doesn't legitimize him. 

As much as people bring up Gendry being legitimized, I have a hard time seeing a Targ (if in power) reinstating the House that rebelled against them and could field a credible claim to the throne in the future.

I mean, I would love it and perhaps the pieces are so upturned that it doesn't even matter, it just always gives me pause when I see it. :)

6 hours ago, Gertrude said:

As much as people bring up Gendry being legitimized, I have a hard time seeing a Targ (if in power) reinstating the House that rebelled against them and could field a credible claim to the throne in the future.

I mean, I would love it and perhaps the pieces are so upturned that it doesn't even matter, it just always gives me pause when I see it. :)

Agreed. Dany is not going to do this. Of course, she is not legitimately queen of the 7 kingdoms by any claim as long as AeJon is alive so why is everyone on this thread so worried about what Dany will do?

Archived