Speculation for fun: How will Arya be rewarded?

Disclaimer: There are so many big topics, as in the size of the whole series big. Why this and why that and omg 7 seasons of build up for - that? This is not it. This is just a light hearted topic and hopefully some fun speculation, but please stay on topic - as in Arya's reward for killing the NK only - and also don't make it a joke, please.

First of all there is the question if Arya's deed will be acknowledged. I think they will be, but who knows with this show.

Will she get a castle of her own? There are several vacancies around the North right now ;)

At the very least, I think we will see a "Arise, Ser Arya Stark - Knight of the Seven Kingdoms". Brienne just set an example and Dany will have no problem knighting a woman.

I honestly don't think they'll acknowledge it that much, I think there will be a circle jerk of we beat the dead at the very beginning and then itll just move on to Cersei like the dead didn't really matter at all. I guess she has some story with Gendry and could head to KL to take down Cersei but in all honesty, doesn't really seem like Arya has much left to do, shes had her big pay-off, is there anywhere to go now?

2 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

First of all there is the question if Arya's deed will be acknowledged. I think they will be, but who knows with this show.

Yes, but only briefly. She doesn't want accolades, and the show has other things on its mind.

Will she get a castle of her own? There are several vacancies around the North right now ;)

She might not live to see the end of the show, but I don't think she's particularly interested in a castle, either.

At the very least, I think we will see a "Arise, Ser Arya Stark - Knight of the Seven Kingdoms". 

Brienne wanted to be a knight. Arya just wants to protect her family. If she survives until the end, and Gendry survives until the end, maybe they'll go off and be the Lord and Lady of the Stormlands, but that's a big double "if."

I think that Arya trained too long under the Hound to ever want to be a knight. I also think she is far too strongly Northern and Knighthood is not a Northern institution.

We saw Davos witness her fighting. Basically there are 3 non-family characters who are now very much "behind" Arya and those are Gendry (if still alive), Davos, and the Hound. She also of course has her family, particularly Bran who she saved and who saw it all.

Any reward she gets will not be the kind Dany might give, but rather the reward of fierce loyalty from those above leading up to the endgame.

Good replies, thanks :)

Arya did ask Ned about having her own Holdfast, though, in way back when. Of course she has changed but what else is there for her? Marriage with Gendry and a life as a wife of a smith? Nah. That most certainly is not it.

She is still a woman or "a rich girl" in a medievalish setting even if she is rather an extraordinary woman. She isn't really an heir to anything unlike her brothers would have been had things gone differently. Her status would have come from "marrying a Lord" to quote Ned in the same scene. Gendry is a bastard. Having a station let alone lands and titles is important in her world regardless of if it is at the top of her list of things to achieve. Finally I doubt Dany will ask her, if she decides to acknowledge what she has done.

I do have to agree that I would not be too surprised if they - some characters, not the writers - downplayed her heroics and just moved on. She did save them all, and the humanity while at it, and that is of course rather easy to underestimate.

Come to think of it, in the TV-show we don't know who holds Storm's End.

I imagine she'll simply want to stay in Winterfell and have Gendry stay with her, which is what she wanted a long time ago. 

But I also think the show might end up having Gendry legitimized to take over Storm's End. How Arya would respond to that, I'm not sure, but politically a marriage between the two would be useful at that point, and he'd certainly need a strong wife at his side. 

11 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Gendry's only a bastard as long as the throne doesn't legitimize him. 

Who is there left to tell the tale?

Also, I don't think Arya is or wants to be any more a "wife" than  a "knight".

Again, thanks for replying on topic, and with an actually relevant fact :)

Anyway, you guys really think it will something like: "Hey Arya, nice job. You showed him! I mean YEAH! By the way do you know what is there for supper?" As unfortunate as it is, I can't discount the possibility, but meh - she just saved humankind, no matter how lame the twist was, it happened.

32 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Who is there left to tell the tale?

Well, there's Davos, who is well known in the Stormlands. Plus, if Gendry marries Arya, the daughter of Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon's best friend, it's going to give him a lot of credibility. To the rest of the realm, not knowing Arya, they'd look at it as, why would House Stark marry one of it's daughters to Gendry if he weren't really Robert's son. 

There's also the fact that Gendry looks like Robert in Robert's youth. And he swings a warhammer like Robert. I honestly don't think it would take too much to convince people that he's really Robert's son. 

Also, I don't think Arya is or wants to be any more a "wife" than  a "knight".

No, she doesn't want to be just a wife or a knight, and she has no interest in ruling a castle. But she might be happy ruling an entire kingdom at her husband's side. She can get a maester to look after the castle, while she and Gendry keep the peace. Hell, she could keep the peace and he could just go on blacksmithing in Storm's End, if that's what they want. 

Anyway, you guys really think it will something like: "Hey Arya, nice job. You showed him! I mean YEAH! By the way do you know what is there for supper?" As unfortunate as it is, I can't discount the possibility, but meh - she just saved humankind, no matter how lame the twist was, it happened.

I agree that it would seem weird for the show to not make a huge fuss about Arya, but I don't think they will, which is one of many reasons I didn't like having her kill the NK. 

The show is going to want to focus on the politics going forward, and Arya as the savior of mankind is not going to be super important in terms of politics. Arya as daughter of Eddard Stark and wife of Gendry Baratheon, however, would be very important politically. 

I'm not sure how the show will go with this, but I feel like this would make the most sense for the show. 

BTW, I also think Arya is going to be a bit different now than she was before the battle. She might be more her old self and not want to pursue death so much. She has just killed it, afterall.  

Oh, and in the trailer for next episode, Arya is shown kissing Gendry. Whether that is a kiss goodbye or a kiss of "hey we can be family now" is hard to say, but I think the show will put them together in some way. Gendry will be Arya's reward. 

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Oh, and in the trailer for next episode, Arya is shown killing Gendry. Whether that is a kiss goodbye or a kiss of "hey we can be family now" is hard to say, but I think the show will put them together in some way. Gendry will be Arya's reward. 

You might want to take a look at the spelling since it is a rather meaningful typo you have there, although in context it is of course completely clear what you mean. :)

Anyway. It could be you are right. I am still betting on Ser Arya at the least, though.

14 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

A pat on the back. I mean, what could she be given that she would want? 

I honestly think that's Gendry. The only time I remember her expressing genuine desire for anything but revenge is when she wanted him to come to Winterfell with her back in season 3, and when she wanted to have sex with him in Eps 2. 

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I honestly think that's Gendry. The only time I remember her expressing genuine desire for anything but revenge is when she wanted him to come to Winterfell with her back in season 3, and when she wanted to have sex with him in Eps 2. 

She already has Gendry. Do you mean she gets the go ahead to marry him? I don't think marriage really matters to her, unless she politically had to marry someone else, but honestly who would be able to force her into a marriage at this point. 

Just now, Euron III Greyjoy said:

She already has Gendry. Do you mean she gets the go ahead to marry him? I don't think marriage really matters to her, unless she politically had to marry someone else, but honestly who would be able to force her into a marriage at this point. 

Yes, marry him. I'm not sure whether marriage does matter to her, and I agree no would be able to or even want to force her into a marriage. But marriage is important in their society, so it would make things easier for them. 

*shrug* We'll see. 

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yes, marry him. I'm not sure whether marriage does matter to her, and I agree no would be able to or even want to force her into a marriage. But marriage is important in their society, so it would make things easier for them. 

*shrug* We'll see. 

Is Gendry even alive? There was no shot near the end establishing that. I expect at least one character might turn up dead when they collect bodies next week.

Archived