New Night King

Kris Kaleta

Okay so here's a thing - do you think it would be possible that, together with inevitable death of Drogon, one last portion of magic creates new Night King? He/She might be aiming at balancing the world of ASOIAF once a while, being the Big Bad that everybody have to remember about.

Spoiler

Now imagine this: someone is going to kill Cersei, who soon after will be resurrected as the new Night King. That would be hell of a fun given her story arc ;-)

20 hours ago, Nakraal said:

It would be as cheap as in any horror movie when the supernatural villain is killed, only to be reborn during the end credits

Considering where they went with it then that ending probably makes sense. The Night Kings story was basically dropped so he could become this worlds Jason Vorhees, he may as well not be able to truly die either.

TBF, theres plenty they can do with this but IMO that story is done and will stay done now but some sort of blue eyed opening at the final credits is the sort of note they would end it on just to try and get one last shock in (only difference is the early shocks made sense and were well written whereas the latter ones were basically just shockvalue for shockvalue).

Anyway, odds for a Night King turn would see Bran as favourite though its probably too obvious, Arya being she was gripped by the Night King, who could turn anyone to a WW. Jon, heel turn, wouldn't make sense really but nothing in his story does now so why not? Cersei or Sansa ice Queen doesn't really seem doable. 

Or they could go with Night King turning babies, Aryas preggers and Night King senses this shit so turned the fetus inside her and we get a scene where the birth of the baby comes out and then opens its pale blue eyes, the horror.

Children of the Forest created the White Walkers in order to defeat the First men.

And they were so stupid that then they decided to join forces with the First men against the WW since they failed to control the WW, no one would even think to create a power like that afterwards even assuming that any surviving children of the forest left.

Also if someone will become the new WW by using the magick of Children of the Forest, they need an alive sacrifice, as we've seen that Night King was alive when they stabbed him in the chest.

I'd like that to happen because if the NK+WW+wights are supposed to kinda represent the global warming (in the opposite way) as it's been suggested by GRRM himself, iirc, the thread never really goes away. It can be temporarily controlled or stopped but it never goes away.

36 minutes ago, Grey_Ghost said:

Also, I never understood why the WWs were only interested in Craster's boys.

I don't think they were interested "only" in Craster's sons. I think that the problem was that it was very difficult for them to get small babies alive because they were usually killed in the battle. On the other hand, Craster handled his sons to them on (almost) silver plate. Just a theory.

The only way I can see them justifying another 3 episodes is if Qyburn replicates the CotF's methods and turns Cercei into a new Night King.

To be clear, I'm not looking forward to that. But it's my current prediction.

According to legend, Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice".

A hundred days and a hundred nights he labored on the third blade, and as it glowed white-hot in the sacred fires, he summoned his wife. 'Nissa Nissa,' he said to her, for that was her name, 'bare your breast, and know that I love you best of all that is in this world.' She did this thing, why I cannot say, and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart. It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel.

"Yer Jalan Atthirari Anni.

(Moon of my life.)"

―Drogo

Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice.

The Undying vision, if it shows us anything about the future, is Dany becoming the Night Queen. Once she has lost everything, what else is there for her?

"When the sun rises in the west, sets in the east, when the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

She will have to wait for the end of time, and the only way to do so is to live on "for a thousand years". She must become Death.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, NonoNono said:

The Undying vision, if it shows us anything about the future, is Dany becoming the Night Queen. Once she has lost everything, what else is there for her?

"When the sun rises in the west, sets in the east, when the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

She will have to wait for the end of time, and the only way to do so is to live on "for a thousand years". She must become Death.

Maybe the quote about when the sun rises in the West is more to do with opposites than literal. Dany is fire. She will become ice?

If Dany & Jon supporters turn against each other (as it seems likely to happen) and

Jon allies with Cersei and kills Dany and Drogon flies away from Westeros like the rumors say...

then yes, I hope a new Night King comes back to F**k them all in the ass... They have been plotting against each other till the bitter end, and they deserve to be screwed for it.

Let see how they deal with the new Night King's without a Wall and without dragons...

On 4/30/2019 at 6:42 AM, Kris Kaleta said:

Okay so here's a thing - do you think it would be possible that, together with inevitable death of Drogon, one last portion of magic creates new Night King? He/She might be aiming at balancing the world of ASOIAF once a while, being the Big Bad that everybody have to remember about.

Reveal hidden contents

Now imagine this: someone is going to kill Cersei, who soon after will be resurrected as the new Night King. That would be hell of a fun given her story arc ;-)

I see it as the exact opposite of that. Once the last dragon dies so does magic. The beginning of the series magic was gone, NK not around, dragons gone....then they all came back at once and wars ensued. Now they are disappearing again, NK gone, Mel gone, her Lord of Light not heard from as referenced by Davos last episode, and only one dragon left. All those things that go bump in the night will be gone and the humans will realize that the thing that should truly be feared is humans and what they are willing to do to other humans.

I think it's possible that Arya might. The Night King does funny things to people when he touches them: turning babies into white walkers, marking Bran and nullifying the Children of the Forest's magic...

But please let's not have that happen.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:38 AM, dbunting said:

I see it as the exact opposite of that. Once the last dragon dies so does magic. The beginning of the series magic was gone, NK not around, dragons gone....then they all came back at once and wars ensued. Now they are disappearing again, NK gone, Mel gone, her Lord of Light not heard from as referenced by Davos last episode, and only one dragon left. All those things that go bump in the night will be gone and the humans will realize that the thing that should truly be feared is humans and what they are willing to do to other humans.

Dont think thats true, the WW were already around. Melisandre was still around, and im sure there was still some magic in the lesser known areas such as asshai

Archived