Dany is army-less, isn't she?

Nerevanin

Inspired by another topic, let's discuss what army has Dany left now. She intends to defeat Cersei and take back "her" throne but it seems to me she doesn't really have an army anymore:

- Dothraki were massacred during the battle. Very few (let's be generous and say 100) survived, if any.

- the Unsullied were massacred too. Very few (once again, let's say 100) survived, if any. She has Grey Worm (although he promised Miss to leave together)

- Yara's loyalty is questionable as she didn't come to help Dany. Even if she was still loyal to her, she has only a few (let's say 1000 at most) men as Euron has basically all the warriors from Iron Islands.

- The Tyrells and Ellaria are dead and it doesn't seem like their armies were anywhere near Winterfell so Dany lost these armies too

- she has Drogon. At least, something, I guess. As for Rheagal, it's hard to say whether he'll stick with his mother, or with his rider (I'm leaning towards Jon)

- she has people like Tyrion, Varys and Missandei on her side but these have no real power

As for the rest of the (massacred) army that fought at Winterfell, The Vale supports Sansa, the North supports either Jon or Sansa or both (hard to say, as the lords weren't very keen on Jon bending his knee to Dany), wildlings and the Night's Watch (these are basically only Tormund now though) support Jon. Let's not forget that those armies were more or less massacred too, just like Dothraki and Unsullied, so even if Jon and Sansa decided to help Dany, the whole army is still quite tiny imo.

Is it just me, or Cersei has a much bigger army than Jon, Dany and Sansa combined?

I really doubt Cersei has a greater army. Lannisters already lost the half of their forces in WotFK and then they lost Casterly Rock to Unsullied.

Then Dothraki and Dany's dragons destroyed the rest of the Lannister and Tarly forces, they killed Randyll Tarly, no one will help them from the Reach and Westerlands.

Jaime already said they don't have the support of the other houses, Freys are also dead so they don't get any support from the Riverlands as well.

Varys also said many lords in Westeros despise Cersei, so they are really desperate which is why they needed that 20.000 men from Golden Company, and Euron's fleet.

Dany lost the Dothraki and the majority of the Unsullied army, but she won the North and the Vale.

Jon would never break his vow, so the North is secured for her, as well as the knights of the Vale are following Jon who is following Dany as well, Yara went to Iron Islands but she can return afterwards.

Dorne probably won't join since Cersei is holding prisoners lile Ellaria. As well as the lords of the Stormlands might not interfere as the lords of westeros despise Cersei.

So; Cersei has 20.000 Golden Company and Euron's fleet, and whatever Qyburn is planning

While Dany has the remaining forces of the North, the Vale, the Unsullied, 2 Dragons, a Faceless man, and a three eyed Raven.

The only thing that can stop a Dragon was the Night King, and Night King is dead. I don't see how they can do anything to 2 Dragons, even though Cersei is mad enough to believe they are vulnerable.

Judging from the last few scenes of the episode, it appeared that everyone but our main six characters were dead before Deus Ex Arya. Though, I am sure we will hear about how half the army died (meaning half survived) and other Northern houses will now fall in line because she help defeat the Night King. Boosting her army numbers.

She is basically isolated now. She has 2 injured dragons, an Unsullied Commander with no unsullied to command, a translator who can stand around silently very well and an utterly useless hand who has consistently given her awful advice. I guess she has Jon but Sansa and Sam both hate her so they will probably put an end to that. 

I can see her breaking down as it dawns on her she has sacrificed everything she built and for no reason as her army and dragons didn't do anything anyway and all that was really needed was Super Arya. Plus, what thanks will she get for it? Not a lot I suspect if Sansa has anything to do with it.

39 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

The only thing that can stop a Dragon was the Night King, and Night King is dead. I don't see how they can do anything to 2 Dragons, even though Cersei is mad enough to believe they are vulnerable.

Doesn't Cersei still have the anti-dragon turret?

I think one of Dany’s dragons is killed in battle by the scorpion. And it will probably be Drogon. Then, when Dany goes for Rhaegal, he has bonded with Jon and Dany is then left dragonless. Then with no dragon, no army, and no rightful claim to the throne she’ll go mad and kill herself because her entire existence has been for nothing.

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Or is it the one that was there during the Loot Train episode? I can't remember either.

Since the scorpion is still very prominent in the Intro when we fly throu Kingslanding, I'd be very surprised if we don't get to see it again.

1 minute ago, joaozinm said:

Her army will be as big as the plot need its to be.

The show has done it before.

People come from nowhere

The karstarks didn't join before, right?

They will now with their army that's X big

I guess that Dany lost her army but won "the hearts of the people".

I hope the show remembers that there are a lot of people who hates the Lannisters (specifically Cersei) in the rest of the north, the riverlands and the vale. They could technically assemble a new army. 

Or they'll just have the Golden Company switch sides ones they realize who they're up against. 

Yes, Dany lost her whole army or near enough to make no difference. She has at least one dragon left, but that is not enough to win a fight against 20000 men with scorpions (Cersei had enough time and money to get enough scorpions to at least defend Kings Landing).

What will happen? I think the North and Vale want to get rid of Cersei, because with Cersei on the throne, no one is safe. A dragonriding Daenerys would help there. Yes, one dragon alone isn't enough to conquer Kings Landing, but with an army, strategical attacks with a dragon can turn fights easily.

But what army has the North and Vale left? There are few lords, who haven't send all their men. Especially the Vale will have spare soldiers left in the Vale, who can help. Then we have the Riverlands (under Edmure Tully, who should be freed from prison, after the Freys were all slaughtered), who will glady support the North to get rid of Cersei.

That should be enough to defeat Cersei (not easily, but it should be doable).

Who becomes king/ruler after that? Well, my best bet would be Jon and Daenerys (after marrying), given that both survive the battle.

7 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I guess that Dany lost her army but won "the hearts of the people".

I agree, from the Preview of episode 4 that's the impression I got. The North is cheering for her and probably support her claim for the Iron Throne since she sacrificed almost all of her army for the survival of the people. John is going to back her up. After all she covered him in the battle and stood up to her promises. Sansa may not like it but she didn't stand up for the North the way Dany or John did. 

15 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

The karstarks didn't join before, right?

They will now with their army that's X big

Karstarks were there.  Episode 2 Tyrion talks with Davos about loyalty and how the Karstarks disliked the Starks but now rallied to Jon.

The only large armies that have been mentioned in the North remaining are the Manderlys (saw Lord Manderly last season but not mentioned so far) and Glovers (hid in Deepwood Motte so could technically come back).  Epiode 4 preview seems to show everyone happy with Dany now that they all lived, so they may come out of the woodwork.

Outside of that, only real armies remaining are whatever remains in the Riverlands (scattered around but I guess could still be there the Tully's castle was taken without a fight) and the Martells (not sure why they would help but they are there).

Just now, King Perkis said:

Karstarks were there.  Episode 2 Tyrion talks with Davos about loyalty and how the Karstarks disliked the Starks but now rallied to Jon.

The only large armies that have been mentioned in the North remaining are the Manderlys (saw Lord Manderly last season but not mentioned so far) and Glovers (hid in Deepwood Motte so could technically come back).  Epiode 4 preview seems to show everyone happy with Dany now that they all lived, so they may come out of the woodwork.

Outside of that, only real armies remaining are whatever remains in the Riverlands (scattered around but I guess could still be there the Tully's castle was taken without a fight) and the Martells (not sure why they would help but they are there).

Shoot, good call.

And I agree that the come out of the woodwork and will join.

Also true that Martells and Riverland remains could join the Northern lords in joining, Dany. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Shoot, good call.

And I agree that the come out of the woodwork and will join.

Also true that Martells and Riverland remains could join the Northern lords in joining, Dany. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Also, somehow there have been Wildlings in every battle since coming through the Wall (BoB and now Long Night).  So, I assume a magic number of them survived or Tormund would be a little lost.  Same applies to Dothraki and Unsullied (we see at least 20 in the Episode 4 preview marching around)

I imagine either a conversation or something that hints that all throughout Winterfell there was pockets of individuals fighting and survived just like the 6 main characters managed to do.  I think that is dumb since the beginning of episode literally showed the horde being unstoppable and running through everyone but then again Brienne was swamped about 3 times and did not die (even though she should have).  

Archived