Dany is army-less, isn't she?

Nerevanin

Just now, King Perkis said:

Also, somehow there have been Wildlings in every battle since coming through the Wall (BoB and now Long Night).  So, I assume a magic number of them survived or Tormund would be a little lost.  Same applies to Dothraki and Unsullied (we see at least 20 in the Episode 4 preview marching around)

I imagine either a conversation or something that hints that all throughout Winterfell there was pockets of individuals fighting and survived just like the 6 main characters managed to do.  I think that is dumb since the beginning of episode literally showed the horde being unstoppable and running through everyone but then again Brienne was swamped about 3 times and did not die (even though she should have).  

Sam should be dead right now. The amount of times he got swarmed and he doesn't know how to fight.... They should have killed him if they were going to do that. Though gotta have that fake drama/deaths.

Dany will be fine. The wildlings, the Northmen and the Valemen are firmly behind her now. They have no reason to distrust her or anything considering that even she picked up a sword and slayed at least a dozen wights on the frontlines. Outside of the castle, mind you.

The armies of the Reach and Dorne -- particularly Dorne -- should still be intact and sworn to Daenerys.

50 minutes ago, King Perkis said:

Same applies to Dothraki

Some came running back, just a few dozens.

51 minutes ago, King Perkis said:

I assume a magic number of them survived or Tormund

From thousands only some dozens survived and manned the East Watch. Probably most of them dead now. Maybe some survived who are more farmers or hunters than warriors. We haven't seen the fate of children and women wildlings.

52 minutes ago, King Perkis said:

Brienne was swamped about 3 times and did not die

That was crazy, yes. If they want her to survive, they should have shown us her means of escape.

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Some came running back, just a few dozens.

Ya, but realistically what are they worth?  Not saying they can't fight and I am sure some horses will appear for them to use but basically were wiped so the Golden Army stands a chance (ie does not get demolished like Lannisters and Riverlands did)

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

From thousands only some dozens survived and manned the East Watch. Probably most of them dead now. Maybe some survived who are more farmers or hunters than warriors. We haven't seen the fate of children and women wildlings.

I assume after Jon said to call them back in episode 2 that they magically appeared for the battle but you're right.  There is always the chance they reappear due to that.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

That was crazy, yes. If they want her to survive, they should have shown us her means of escape.

True.  Same for Greyworm and Pod.  Greyworm's story is done and I don't see his purpose.  Pod should have died since every relevant reunion has occurred.  Only future is he actually does something worth while and is knighted by Brienne but I assume that will occur in the last episode after they win.

10 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Of course, almost nothing. Just a few survivors. Remaining Unsullied could be personal guard, though. 

Safe to assume that will be the case since her Blood Riders and now Jorah are dead.  Also, not like we'll know until possibly later, but very small chance a group of Unsullied were left to maintain Casterly Rock but really don't see the point.

2 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Inspired by another topic, let's discuss what army has Dany left now. She intends to defeat Cersei and take back "her" throne but it seems to me she doesn't really have an army anymore:

- Dothraki were massacred during the battle. Very few (let's be generous and say 100) survived, if any.

- the Unsullied were massacred too. Very few (once again, let's say 100) survived, if any. She has Grey Worm (although he promised Miss to leave together)

- Yara's loyalty is questionable as she didn't come to help Dany. Even if she was still loyal to her, she has only a few (let's say 1000 at most) men as Euron has basically all the warriors from Iron Islands.

- The Tyrells and Ellaria are dead and it doesn't seem like their armies were anywhere near Winterfell so Dany lost these armies too

- she has Drogon. At least, something, I guess. As for Rheagal, it's hard to say whether he'll stick with his mother, or with his rider (I'm leaning towards Jon)

- she has people like Tyrion, Varys and Missandei on her side but these have no real power

As for the rest of the (massacred) army that fought at Winterfell, The Vale supports Sansa, the North supports either Jon or Sansa or both (hard to say, as the lords weren't very keen on Jon bending his knee to Dany), wildlings and the Night's Watch (these are basically only Tormund now though) support Jon. Let's not forget that those armies were more or less massacred too, just like Dothraki and Unsullied, so even if Jon and Sansa decided to help Dany, the whole army is still quite tiny imo.

Is it just me, or Cersei has a much bigger army than Jon, Dany and Sansa combined?

What we are gonna experience is this:

Episode 3 showed as if the Dothraki and the Unsullied were massacred but I bet when we see the next episode they will give us some BS cop-out like "they fought valiantly and took about 50% casualties", even though we all know they were massacred. I really thought the Unsullied would be killed to the man, a homage to their discipline. 

Iron born are virtually shattered as far as the allied side with Jon and Dany. 

The Tyrell's are an interesting point because we honestly don't know their situation. What we DO know is, according to how large and powerful their previous host was, even if it was battered and had taken 60% casualties, according to what we know, that would still be a larger force than anything they could muster from the other sources. The key is will they get the willingness to work together. 

And as you mentioned the dragons, which we know won't be AS significant because we know somehow at least one will be rendered useless. 

The one thing I can say and this is ALL based on Sansa, is that (much to my annoyance) the Vale has been virtually untouched during any conflict or any point in the ENTIRE story. If the Warden of the East FINALLY decides to do SOMETHING, now would be the time. I would assume based on reputation and the lack of any major blood letting, that the Vale, at this point, likely would field the best army currently in Westeros. That is ***POSSIBLY*** in play. 

Other than that, even IF they got support from the River lords, they have a pretty patchwork, scrapped together, rag-tag band. 

With the addition of the Golden Company, the Lannisters and Greyjoys' Host is certainly more formidable, not to mention the strength of the Iron Fleet, so they absolutely own the water. 

2 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

I really doubt Cersei has a greater army. Lannisters already lost the half of their forces in WotFK and then they lost Casterly Rock to Unsullied.

Jaime was preparing what he must have assumed was a substantial force to take north, so I'd say the Lannister army together with the Golden Company have enough numbers. I don't think the remnants the 'allied forces' can cobble together can match them for numbers. The key differential is the two dragons; however, they might be badly injured and not combat-worthy at the moment. I think we're going to see cloak& dagger stuff around KL rather than another pitched battle.

6 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Jaime was preparing what he must have assumed was a substantial force to take north, so I'd say the Lannister army together with the Golden Company have enough numbers. I don't think the remnants the 'allied forces' can cobble together can match them for numbers. The key differential is the two dragons; however, they might be badly injured and not combat-worthy at the moment. I think we're going to see cloak& dagger stuff around KL rather than another pitched battle.

I don't mind the cloak and dagger stuff but if there isn't a major engagement, sort of like the Trident, I would be sad. 

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Howland Reed and his Crannogmen could join the party. But I think the show assumes they do not exist at all and it would be a relatively small force.

Perhaps she can call on the Tully leftover troops.

This is the crux. Howland KNOWS who the real King is.  Will he bend the knee to Jon (Aegon)? Jon didn't know who he was when he bent the knee.  That's gotta play into this with Sam still alive to swear to it.  Howland and Jon are the only survivors of the Tower now.

34 minutes ago, Wik said:

The Tyrell's are an interesting point because we honestly don't know their situation. What we DO know is, according to how large and powerful their previous host was, even if it was battered and had taken 60% casualties, according to what we know, that would still be a larger force than anything they could muster from the other sources. The key is will they get the willingness to work together. 

We also don't know what happened to the soldiers that kneeled when Tarly's were burned.  I'm sure that issue will fade into the wind just like the Martells, Riverlands, and Stormlands, 

35 minutes ago, Pwyll41 said:

Maybe, just maybe Arya recruits Nymeria's giant pack of wolves on their way south?  Isn't out of the realm of possibility.

This should have happened during the Long Night.  In terms of the books, I get they were throughout the Riverlands and some of the North, but makes more sense to have them act here.  I'll find it a bit hard to believe if they show up for the KL fight. 

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

It seems unlikely that the Golden Company are going to be a reliable resource.  My guess is the Iron Bank is betting on the side with Dragons.

2 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

It seems unlikely that the Golden Company are going to be a reliable resource.  My guess is the Iron Bank is betting on the side with Dragons.

Once rumors spread that the northern army defeated ~400.000 wights (even if they took heavy losses), they would be fools to keep supporting Cersei and her decimated army of Lannisters.
They are bettors after all, just as much as bankers.

Or the GC simply switches sides on their own, there are several hints scattered about that it wouldn't come completely out of the blue. 

Archived